Sign in to follow this  
racingcanary

Worthy

While I am not sorry to see Worthy go, I think his standing as an honourable person should not be dismissed. The pin he wore on his jacket lapel today was issued by the Police Memorial Trust who held a Memorial Service in Belfast today for British police officers who have died on duty. I understand that Worthington has relatives who served in the RUC.

Worthington took City to the top and should be remembered for that. We have not performed well since promotion. Perhaps the Board should not have let the situation go on so long.

He lost his way after we went into the Premiership.  Some of his buys were good, others not so. I have a couple of friends who support Reading and they were overjoyed to get £500.000 for Hughes when they thought they would not be able to give him away. Jarrett? Well enough said. But we have bought in some excellent players.

Good luck Nigel, you will be fondly remembered in East Angila for the good time you brought us.

I 2nd that,  ashton, huckerby etc were great signings and he done what rioch, walker, hamilton etc etc failed to do take us to the premiership and win us a trophy i think he deserves some respect, THANK YOU WORTHY AND GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE

Errrrr today is the 26th Jan 2007 isn''t it? For a minute there I thought my time machine had worked and I was back to the 1st October 2006.

Or have you just been typing that response since October 1st ?

[quote user="Mrtin"]

Errrrr today is the 26th Jan 2007 isn''t it? For a minute there I thought my time machine had worked and I was back to the 1st October 2006.

[/quote]Quick lads, make yourself scarce, the self-appointed internet post police are here! [:P]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mrtin"]

[/quote]

Quick lads, make yourself scarce, the self-appointed internet post police are here! [:P]
[/quote]

What a great job that would be.

I''d need a cool badge to go in my wallet though. Well thats my afternoon sorted!!

[quote user="Herb"]Quick lads, make yourself scarce, the self-appointed internet post police are here! [:P][/quote]Take the long view Herb. In a few years the record book will show that Worthy took us to the play-offs with a very poor squad, and got us promoted as clear Champions a couple of years later. And it''ll be "CFJ......... who?".  Tomorrow''s virtual fish-wrapper, that''s who.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He stayed on until he claimed his 700K taking us down the can with it......   He gopt lucky signing Huckerby.  Other than that I am judging him on the team he built - it is s***.

No thanks from me I''m afraid.

[/quote]um what about earnie,dublin,ashton also got crouch on loan.

worthy has gone its up to pg tips to take us up and his tactics are taking us down.

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He stayed on until he claimed his 700K taking us down the can with it......   He gopt lucky signing Huckerby.  Other than that I am judging him on the team he built - it is s***.

worthy has gone its up to pg tips to take us up and his tactics are taking us down.

[/quote]

Worthingtons players are taking us down....

jas :)

[quote user="king of latvia"]

um what about earnie,dublin,ashton also got crouch on loan.

[/quote]

well Ashton ernie - well at 3.5 million each I don''t feel it was a managerial masterstroke choosing them.....  Crouch for 3 months - fair dues...

Another manager could have created a play-off challenging team for teh 3.5 million we spent on ernie

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]sorry he has gone they should now wanting to up there game when a new manager comes in.but they havent this is down to the new manager mr pg tips.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Herb"]Quick lads, make yourself scarce, the self-appointed internet post police are here! [:P]
[/quote]
Take the long view Herb. In a few years the record book will show that Worthy took us to the play-offs with a very poor squad, and got us promoted as clear Champions a couple of years later. And it''ll be "CFJ......... who?".  Tomorrow''s virtual fish-wrapper, that''s who.
[/quote]

very true - the true facts about what he did to the playing side after we got promoted will be forgotten.  I wonder if Delia and co will be remembered so fondly if we were to get relegated??

With today''s overpaid,featherbedded bunch of prima donna players,its only a very special managerial talent(eg Wenger,Fergie,Gradi) who can continue to motivate them over a long period of time.I don''t even rate Mourinho very highly in that regard;that''s why he''ll be off toute suite. Worthless certainly isn''t in their league,so he did it for a couple of years and then lost the plot.

For the same reason PG better get things sorted pretty damn quick.He''s got no excuse.He came in with all sorts of "I''m going to fix things" talk.Eighteen games(plenty long enough to at least make a start) we''re still waiting.......

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Herb"]Quick lads, make yourself scarce, the self-appointed internet post police are here! [:P]
[/quote]
Take the long view Herb. In a few years the record book will show that Worthy took us to the play-offs with a very poor squad, and got us promoted as clear Champions a couple of years later. And it''ll be "CFJ......... who?".  Tomorrow''s virtual fish-wrapper, that''s who.
[/quote]

very true - the true facts about what he did to the playing side after we got promoted will be forgotten.  I wonder if Delia and co will be remembered so fondly if we were to get relegated??

[/quote]

Delia is heading for another "hate the Board" exit.....just like those before her....and if Robert Chase deserved it, so does this lot. Very sad...but inevitable the way we are sliding. It is in their hands alone to avoid such a scenario while all we can do is watch......

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]sorry he has gone they should now wanting to up there game when a new manager comes in.but they havent this is down to the new manager mr pg tips.[/quote]

the players arent good enough.. they can up their game all they like but they arent good enough for this division... Worthington was manager at the time.. he should of known this when he signed them if he had realistic premiership hopes.

Yeah it went wrong in the end, but for several seasons he did an OUTSTANDING job for us, turning us around from relegation candidates to Championship winners, Play Off finalists (unlucky to lose). What the hell is wrong with some people? This forum drives me mad, it seems a few people can only play the negative card, never any credit where it''s due....

[quote user="Alex"]

Yeah it went wrong in the end, but for several seasons he did an OUTSTANDING job for us, turning us around from relegation candidates to Championship winners, Play Off finalists (unlucky to lose). What the hell is wrong with some people? This forum drives me mad, it seems a few people can only play the negative card, never any credit where it''s due....

[/quote]I AGREE 100%

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]I AGREE 100%[/quote]

Wow! 1 other person! Well good for you ''King of Latvia'', others ignore fact and would rather talk about anything other than what''s good connected with this club. If I saw Worthy now I''d shake his hand and buy him a pint, and would like to think most others would do the same (yeah right) as we ALSO had some FANTASTIC times under his leadership. However I would say to him he did mess up badly by not winning the Premiership that fatefull year...Unbelievable really as every team that get''s promoted always stays there and gets established, whilst the minority that get relegated always storm the Championship in their first season back, I would think because of the transitional stage. Ha!.