Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Peter Thorne will play against Rotherham

According to bbc.co.uk

Rotherham v Norwich

Rotherham midfielder Michael Keane is pushing hard for a recall after coming on as a substitute against Doncaster.

He defied team orders to take, and miss, a crucial penalty in the recent 2-1 home defeat by Northampton and has not started the last three games.

The Jarvis brothers, Rossi and Ryan, are set to replace the injured Adam Drury and ineligible Pat Boyle. Keeper Lee Camp is cup-tied, while Lee Croft and Darren Huckerby are out, so Peter Thorne may start in attack.

Why Thorne? IS Earny and McVeigh available, if not why not have Asmat El Quarghi on the bench. I''d like to see him get a run out!

Given the paucity of the squad why risk earnie?   Give him a  rest and go with Ryan and Thorne up front in a 3-5-2 and have the danish wonder kid on the bench. The same players could go 4-5-1.  Play WLY as he needs to know that he didnt do enough on sat.

The key is three points on sat, not making the next round.

Gallacher

Flem  Spillane  Shackell                                                      

Colin        Hughes   Robinson  Ros jarvis    WLY          

Ryan Jarvis        Thorne

Subs     Arnold, Safri, Ouragui, Docherty, Henderson

If our coffers are as seriously empty as people seem to think, then surely we should be trying to progress in cup competitions like this. I know winning at Rotherham would hardly do anything for the accounts, but a home match against a Premiership side in the next round (possibly with TV coverage) would be beneficial?

The team that Worthy trotted out at Torquay did OK (eventually) but Rotherham are a stronger side. On paper we should beat them, but I can see us getting beaten.

Even if he doesn''t start with Earnie, I''d still have him on the bench "just in case". If all goes well he doesn''t have to play; if things go pear-shaped and we need a goal he''d be available for a 20 minute spell at the end of the game.