Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Rotherham v Norwich City match thread

[quote user="Ramrod"]It sounds like Worthington won''t have too many fears about playing Eagle again for example.[/quote] That''s good news - Rossi Jarvis, Spillane, Cave-Brown and now Eagle blooded successfully. Just Halliday and Fisk to try now!

For once, there are lots of positives.  The young players did ok, Jarvis got a brace, and we got a result (away from home!!!) against a physical side who it sounded like had the ref on their side.  Hope we get a decent draw in the next round.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]left foot and right foot goal by Jarvis - the boy has talent[/quote]

I''ll believe that when he scores with a header. [;)]

[quote user="SPat"]yay 4:2 Jarvis brace. Alex....do you ever stop bloody moaning?!!!!
[/quote]

Good point, well made. 

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="SPat"]yay 4:2 Jarvis brace. Alex....do you ever stop bloody moaning?!!!!
[/quote]

Good point, well made. 

[/quote]

Pot, Kettle, Black

A good win.....hats off to the youngsters and the whole team.  I want too see Ryan Jarvis given a run of games now in the C/ship starting at Home Park on Saturday.  Lets see how he goes. 

Just got back from a concert and missed the game, but very pleased with the result, i heard the score on radio 5 and when they said Rotherham 2 i panicked a touch, but nice to hear it followed by a four, well done lads. Does that mean we can cut down the moaning a bit for a day or so? probably not, some people don''t know how to!

There are plenty of positves we can take from this. We have won 4-2 away from home against a physical league 1 side, without our main players. No Drury, Doherty, Croft, Huckerby, Etuhu, Safri, Earnshaw in the starting line up. If you took out 7 key players from any champ side, they would struggle away at rotherham. The youngsters have done really well, Ryan Jarvis, Rossi Jarvis and Eagle all had very good game by all acounts and have proved we have got good capable cover. Now they need their chance in the championship to prove themselves. For example, i would much rather see Ryan J than thorne or mcveigh, i would rather have rossi J than boyle now that he can play left back, i would rather have eagle than mcveigh (he would show some effort), also i''d prefer henderson to hughes bombing down the wing and Spillane if safri, etuhu or robinson cant play.

Our yuongsters are good enough, they just need to be given a league chance. They are better and more promosing than the senior players we have.