Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

eagle - city's answer to hargreaves?

whenever i''ve seen robert eagle play for the reserves - his style of play reminds me of a young robbie savage, without the nasty streak - as i''ve posted before he strikes me as a genuine talent who could go all the way.  however, owen hargreaves has the same deceptive, but highly effective lolloping running style.  as eagle strengthens, as he will,  it strikes me  that he  will  be more  effective  in centre of midfield - possibly in a hargreaves type position defending the back 4.  at the moment, given his size, left midfield is about right, but as he physically matures, we could have a centre midfield player of enormous talent in our midst.  hopefully hunter/worthy/williams can bring the best out of him. 

Well...you only say Savage ''cos of the hair!

But yes, he looks very good in training/reserve matches. Not sure about him migrating to central midfield - he looks a natural winger. He''d need to fill out a bit more to play in the centre.

Still....the Eagle has landed.

On Football Manager on the PSP Robert Eagle is superb, I''ve been playing him on the right wing for the last 10 years (I''m up to season 2015-2016) and he''s been one of the best players in the team.

Totally irrelavent I know, but it was good to see youth get it''s chance, I wish it got more of an opportunity at times.