Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Last night at Millmoor

Sheer entertainment, like a pantomime full of heroes, villains, junior leads, old favourites, slapstick and "He''s behind you!" moments, and all for 12 quid a ticket.

Even the fans were bouncing off the walls like we''d all drunk eight cans of Red Bull.  Constant noise after the first half hour, it was almost like the good old days.  How long did we make "You''re sh*t . . . aaargh!" last for?  Answer: a very very long time.

Fans who don''t bother with the Carling Cup are making a big mistake.  Football has become far too serious.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Sheer entertainment, like a pantomime full of heroes, villains, junior leads, old favourites, slapstick and "He''s behind you!" moments, and all for 12 quid a ticket.

Even the fans were bouncing off the walls like we''d all drunk eight cans of Red Bull.  Constant noise after the first half hour, it was almost like the good old days.  How long did we make "You''re sh*t . . . aaargh!" last for?  Answer: a very very long time.

Fans who don''t bother with the Carling Cup are making a big mistake.  Football has become far too serious.

[/quote]

Too right Mystic! Did you notice their keeper Cutler shrug his shoulders about the penalty award and then smile the first time the norwich fans did "your sh*t......." Then soon after he gifted us a goal and never looked behind him again all night!

I''ve just realised why Flem didn''t celebrate his goal with the fans but stood like a statue while his teammates mobbed him -  he was on a yellow card and didn''t want to risk another one.

Did you see his face and how pumped up he was when he finally did celebrate it? He was awesome last night all game, model professional who always gives his best!

It was funny when we started singing "Let''s Be Avin'' You, Come On!".  Some of the Rotherham fans appeared to think it was an invitation to a mass brawl and began taking their jackets off!  It was like being in a time capsule, straight back to 1985 . . . 

Agreed MM, we have had some great Carling cup matches over the seasons that people just havent gone too.. i can remember  a 3-3 Draw with Blackpool that had 2 mass brawls and Iwan hitting the bar from the spot! some great nights!

jas :)

[quote user="mystic megson"]It was funny when we started singing "Let''s Be Avin'' You, Come On!".  Some of the Rotherham fans appeared to think it was an invitation to a mass brawl and began taking their jackets off!  It was like being in a time capsule, straight back to 1985 . . . [/quote] Let''s hope this leads to a prolonged cup run and some more entertaining matches!!

I was sitting with Rotherham fans in the half complete new stand and my friend thought Norwich were very good. We had a great laugh and they were all very friendly. Even managed to get into the Home Supporters bar with my mate whose Rotherham supporter. Saw Mark Robins in there. The two bouncers on the door were spitting image of ''Max and Paddy''. They were asking everyone who didn''t have Rotherham shirt on where they were from, being now based in Nottingham I don''t have too much a Norfolk accent.

Poor Paul Gallagher had to put up with some terrible chanting behind him in the second half but looked like he thought it was all part of the fun.

Lets hope we get Rotherham in FA Cup so we can all have another trip there

Nick

I think I would take League Cup win over promotion you know.

Why, well its a bit of silver wear and would be a cracking day out.

Friends went last night and had a ball. Nice to see others on this thread enjoyed the evening as well.