Sign in to follow this  
congo

Come Clean.......If You Dare

[6]

Well, after listening to years of grief, and in celebration today of my ninth wedding Anniversary, I thought it was about time to come clean and perhaps find some closure on a situation that I have to admit I brought on myself.

As I said, nine years ago today, I stood at the alter with.......................................an ear piece in, listening to the Man. City v Norwich game, of which we eventually went on to win 2-1. First win up there in 25 years I believe.   Yes, that little radio, the size of a 50 pence piece lasted all the way  through the service, and the drive to the reception. Even the chance of a ride in a 150 grand Bentley Turbo to the Hotel was unappealing in comparison to a away day win (very rare these days!). Unfortunately, it was at this point my trailing wire was discovered and the game was up. If this wasn''t enough, during the speeches, I was so excited about our emphatic win, I  announced the final result and forgot to thank the wife! 

So, what I''d like to here from you guys is, A, do I deserve to be forgiven after so many years of ear ache?

And B, how far have you gone to either listen to the game, or done something you later regretted in the name of all things yellow?

P.s Also sacked the window cleaner because he wore an Ipswich hat. Don''t regret this, as he wasn''t any good and was probably casing the joint (allegedly!)

--------------------------------------------------------

CHASE OUT!!

Congo, I''m afraid it''s a bit like Delia''s "Let''s be avin'' you" rant.  You''ll never live it down.  (Delia''s moment was at a Man City game too - what is it about them . . .?)

If I was Mrs Congo I would look on it as a lifetime supply of flowers and choccies guaranteed! 

Cheers for the vote of confidance Mystic!! I was hoping for a few sympathetic replies to bring her round a bit, but so far to no avail. Looks like years of pennance.

Strange about Man city though, i think we''ve only beaten them a couple of times since.

No need for pennance.

I''m a SHE and was married 31 years ago (TODAY also). It was Norwich v Leicester & we had the reception at the Grange so we could hear the crowd if we scored. Our vicar wouldn''t stay for the reception as he was going to the game!

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

No need for pennance.

I''m a SHE and was married 31 years ago (TODAY also). It was Norwich v Leicester & we had the reception at the Grange so we could hear the crowd if we scored. Our vicar wouldn''t stay for the reception as he was going to the game!

[/quote]

CanariesforEver has a point Congo.  Have you tried converting her to football?  That Darren Huckerby has gorgeous legs . . .

I''m a treasure house of helpful suggestions . . . and I''m also a She by the way.

Converting her?!???! The only game I managed to con/ get her to go to, was the 4-4 draw with Midlesborough and she was bored! So, as you can see, mine cause.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

No need for pennance.

[/quote]

CanariesforEver has a point Congo.  Have you tried converting her to football?  That Darren Huckerby has gorgeous legs . . .

I''m a treasure house of helpful suggestions . . . and I''m also a She by the way.

[/quote]

Hey, steady. He didn''t convert me to football - but I converted him to Norwich!

Oh, and as for Hucks legs, she used to like the gargoil we called green.

I stall have to put up with comments like, "ooh their shirts match the nets", and the classic, "why are they singing ''Warburtons groody grarmy" (worthyingtons green and yella army). i rest my case.

[quote user="congo"]

Oh, and as for Hucks legs, she used to like the gargoil we called green.

I stall have to put up with comments like, "ooh their shirts match the nets", and the classic, "why are they singing ''Warburtons groody grarmy" (worthyingtons green and yella army). i rest my case.

[/quote]

I don''t suppose she''s winding you up by any chance Congo?

Just imagine what might have happened.  Vicar: "Do you take this woman . . .?"  At that precise moment City miss a sitter.  Congo: "NOOOOO!"  I reckon you''ve got off lightly mate.

I can''t come anywhere close to your misdemeanour, but I''m not very proud of the fact that during the UEFA Cup second leg at CR, when Bayern equalised I couldn''t bear the tension any more so I turned the telly off and went for a walk round the block.  It worked though, because by the time I came back Gossy had done it again!

Congo wrote about his wedding day ----- 10/10 for style there son, make no mistake---- and added as a footnote that, " Also sacked the window cleaner because he wore an Ipswich hat, etc " 

After two complete " no away win " seasons, 1977/79,  I happened to marry an Ipswich girl ( obviously with no interest in football ) on the very day City triumphed  4-2 at Everton on 18th August 1979.

For some reason which escapes me I couldn''t attend the match myself but somehow I''ve still forgiven her...... mind you if she''d been wearing an Ipswich hat I''d have sacked her on the spot too !! 

I can announce that an amnesty has been reached, and that the subject of my, "treachery on her special day", will not be mentioned again.

Well at least until next year!

I missed Southampton at home in the premiership for a Woman!

we broke up a few weeks later.. it was the first home game id missed in 8 years.. silly me!

jas :)

[quote user="congo"]

Converting her?!???! The only game I managed to con/ get her to go to, was the 4-4 draw with Midlesborough and she was bored! So, as you can see, mine cause.

[/quote]

She doesn''t deserve you! I think that is grounds for divorce - to claim such a comeback was boring - "unreasonable behaviour" - no doubt about it!

It could have been worse; your Best Man could have been listening in, Congo, and shouted "Get In There, my Son!" when we scored. What do you think the congregation would have made of that!!!

I''m not sure how much I can say here, but I had this female ''aquaintance'' whom I had built a casual relationship with. One day after visiting her, she mentioned that she was an... well, you know... one of them. I felt so dirty that I stood up, walked out of her house, deleted her number and never saw her again. Honest truth.