Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

total kick in the b***s for jarvis!

after last nights performance and two goals this is absolutely disgraceful of ncfc to sign dublin. is he going to be the lone target man if earny gets injured? what must jarvis be thinking? if he knows whats best for himself he should look elsewhere to play now. worthington and the board who must have sanctioned this signing are turning us into a laughing stock!!!!

and theres me thinkg that we were trying to fill out our desperately thin squad! so we fail to get cover in certain positions for setimental reasons? every player should be able to fight for his place.

No chance of him starting a league match this season now , but remember in the words of the great one " we only want young hungry players " , and people wonder why he gets called a clown .

so you would rather have a 37 year old than a 20 year old to play up front would you? the point i was trying to make is that jarvis should be given a chance before we signed dublin. and as for filling up the squad then why dont we get john burridge as a back up keeper then!!!!!

Calm down baldy.  Just because Jarvis is taller than Earnie, that doesn''t make him a natural target man.  Bringing Dublin in gives Worthy the option to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Dublin/Earnie or Dublin/Jarvis.  It''s Peter Thorne who will be pissed off if anyone is.

Worthington has been criticised in the past for not bringing in players with leadership quality.  The suggestion has been made that he can''t handle strong personalities. 

Worthington has been criticised over the summer for not being able to bring a target-man to the club, as prices for Howard and Hulse spiralled beyond acceptable values.  It could be argued that the criticism is a tad unfair as he doesnt actually negotiate for players, or have control over finances.

Worthington has been criticised for not signing former celtic player and target man Chris Sutton on pay as you play, despite the fact that Chris has a groin injury.

Worthington has been criticised for not having a plan B when the 4-3-3 formation fails, as it did against Coventry and Crystal Palace.

Dion Dublin is a target man, with a strong personality, a leader.  He can also play in defence, but Worthington is interested in using him as a target man.  He has been training with Leicester, which suggests that he may be close to match fitness, albeit in a limited role. 

I would expect that if the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation isn''t working for us in a game, Dion will come off the bench to offer us the Plan B that a lot of people have been crying out for.

Jarvis will be able to learn from Dion as I have no doubt he will have from Thorne. 

I see no harm in this signing.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]No chance of him starting a league match this season now , but remember in the words of the great one " we only want young hungry players " , and people wonder why he gets called a clown .[/quote]

so are you implying that we needn''t have signed any more forwards then? you will find fault in anything, I guess if we didn''t sign anyone you''d moan at playing Jarvis saying he isn''t good enough.

Talking of clowns, I doubt it is your vocation......!!!

if hes been training with leicester then why didnt they sign him? is this really the target man we all want? it is just the usual crap from a crap manager!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]so you would rather have a 37 year old than a 20 year old to play up front would you? the point i was trying to make is that jarvis should be given a chance before we signed dublin. and as for filling up the squad then why dont we get john burridge as a back up keeper then!!!!![/quote]

jarvis cud well still get a chance. why does every1 think each player takes a new signing as a personbal insult - if anything jarvo will work hardo to get into the team and cud learn from a past master

[quote user="baldyboy"]after last nights performance and two goals this is absolutely disgraceful of ncfc to sign dublin. is he going to be the lone target man if earny gets injured? what must jarvis be thinking? if he knows whats best for himself he should look elsewhere to play now. worthington and the board who must have sanctioned this signing are turning us into a laughing stock!!!![/quote]

The fact that you think a 37 year old ''has been'' will keep jarvis out of the team is more of a kick in the b******s than anything else! What does that say about ryan jarvis potential?

[quote user="canary cherub"]Why? Is Ryan Jarvis suddenly a target man??[/quote]

exactly!!! We need a target man, Jarvis isn''t that target man.

I imagine Jarvis will like the facts that he can train and learn from dion who has achieve so much in his career!

as far as i see it dublin will not be starting  most games i think he has been brought in to provide us with sumfing different off the bench... if worhty plays 4-4-2 he will either start with earny and jarvis or earny and dublin or dublin and jarvis if earny is injured! so just because he has signed him doesnt mean he wil start him!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="canary cherub"]Why? Is Ryan Jarvis suddenly a target man??[/quote] exactly!!! We need a target man, Jarvis isn''t that target man. I imagine Jarvis will like the facts that he can train and learn from dion who has achieve so much in his career![/quote]

just what has Dion acheived in his career? Relegation with Leicester and Coventry for one.

jas :)

Can''t agree with you I''m afraid. Jarvis and Dublin are totally different in their style of play and what they will bring to the team. Signing Dublin gives us more options and the opportunity to play a different style. I don''t think Jarvis and Dublin will be competing directly somehow!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="canary cherub"]Why? Is Ryan Jarvis suddenly a target man??[/quote] exactly!!! We need a target man, Jarvis isn''t that target man. I imagine Jarvis will like the facts that he can train and learn from dion who has achieve so much in his career![/quote]

just what has Dion acheived in his career? Relegation with Leicester and Coventry for one.

jas :)

[/quote]

Hucks and Dion were the two top scorers  at Coventry  in the 96-99 period ! .....   both were sold by that loser Strachan   ,  who  then got the boot himself when it went tits up   .....   then he got the boot from Southampton  , only a matter of time  before he`s out the backdoor  at Celtic !

He does seem to have a morbid  fascination  with the fortunes  of the stars he sold off though !  why did he buy Dion  , and then , never use him ?   NOT a rational thing to do !      now he`s let Dion  come to NCFC , where another  of the Cov  ex stars plays , Hucks !      could he be  positioning himself to  get the managers  post  here , when he`s arsed out of Celtic ?   OMG !