Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Dion Dublin

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="beelsie"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="beelsie"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="beelsie"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]to put dublin in the same league as sheringham is a joke, even when he was younger he was not in the same league. I hope he does well because i want my team to do well at all times, i just dont think worthy and the board have the same feelings, i have been through, watling, south, chase and now delia,s mob, when are we going to get a board with a bit if drive and ambition.[/quote] Ricky to answer your question, when the rules allow us to buy, in January, who is available who wants to come at a wage we can afford and is good enough.  If you just stand back and think about how silly your remarks are about Worthy not wanting his team to do well.  What and how will that benefit Worthy, remember he is just as much in the shop window as a manager, as also, are the players, who if they have any sense and pride are also wanting to do well.  That they are not is down to many reasons and if we are patient it will be turned round.  There are many people in life that are in many ways unsuccessful for a time but it doesn''t mean that they cannot learn from their mistakes. It also means that given time they can improve.  I might say with all due respect, your spelling and typing could do with a spot of editing to improve it.

[/quote]

listen mate i dont give a rats backside about being good on a pc, i earn money other ways, this is a hobby at most, not life or death, oh dear have i spelt things right so far. It would not be the first time a club is happy not to be promoted, tell me it dont happen, according to this lot, we did not make a washer being in the prem last time so whats the point in going up, thats their mentality. i have followed city since 1967 their mentality has always been the same our muppet fans will stand for anything and we do.

[/quote] It was the reply I expected, you don''t like criticism!! I would imagine that Worthy maybe feels the same.  He carries himself well in spite of it, doesn''t he? I take it that as you admit to wisely being a fan of NCFC since 1967 if so where does that place you in the wisdom department, having put up with such mediocre football.   Perhaps you would be better served supporting Chelsea where the expectations are more likely to be reflective of the size of their bank balance.  I have noticed that Worthy does give a rat''s back-side about his results, he is made to work to his boards financial requirements as are all business managers.  Therefore our fans should more than amazed if we again reach the prem this season or next, and know that our budget is restricted as it is; for if we do get promotion then it will be a much greater achievement management, board and player-wise than Moreno winning the Prem title IMHO, and Worthy of praise indeed from our groaning group of over expectant fans. By the way I think you miss my point when I address Worthy''s position in relation to the board.[/quote]

listen mate i can take criticism, in my job i put myself up every night for just that i am in the entertainment business, myself and football is that an entertainment business. I also run my business where i have to keep paying punters happy, to do that i have to sometimes speculate to accumulate, i realise that, my argument is NCFC have always been a penny pinching club. When walker was here first time we were on the brink of being a fantastic side, two three more signings would have seen that, the board bottled it. We bottled it in the prem, we have bottled it since, then today we top it all by signing a 37 old who has scored 6 goals in 4 years, sorry but i do not feel elated, perhaps i am being a div, but i quite like seeing us in the prem league, stupid that is''nt it, i should be over the moon watching an average championship side because if i am not i am a rebel and not a real norwich supporter according to people like you, the board cant do nout wrong brigade. I have supported city for 40 yrs, it would be nice just once to get a board who have a bit of bottle and dont mind spending a few quid.

Ricky !! you make some good points especially when referring to Walkers magic period.  While you may be the owner of an entertainment business.  That is an entirely a different situation where you personally call the shots and pay the bills.  The board is a collective entity and are not at the moment solvent, they are at least £20,000000 in debt and paying that off; that being the case, makes investment in players a No! No1 from the banks point of view, because they only allow borrowing against real estate, this will be normal policy but will certainly be more strictly an enforced condition especially when that debt is in place.  Also the real estate at the moment is only capable of housing  just over 25000 fans and that will only just meet the requirements demanded by the FA about the % required to meet the players wages.  Thus additional investment in players must come from additional revenue from the gate receipts.  You may not agree, but If I were Worthy and the board I would be looking for bargain players who could do a job for us from whatever league they may come from, they must be capable, being the crucial point.  Also I am not for one minute questioning your loyalty as a Norwich fan; merely questioning the disappointment you show at what I consider to be an unrealistic expectation from a team in the financial situation of our club.  If they attain promotion and were to be blessed with the revenue associated with that promotion. Then I would expect a realistic injection of cash into the player situation.

[/quote][/quote]

we are not too far apart with our views, all i say is, football is an expensive business, if Delia and her mates have took us as far as they can financialy, they she get out and give someone else a chance. If you live above your means in life you eventually go under and our board obviouly dont have the clout needed to run a club this size, otherwise we would speculate to accumulate, as i have said every board since i have been supporting city have not had any bottle, i just yearn for one that does, then again i always yearned to play for city, that never happened either lol

[/quote]Yes Ricky I think that together we can agree about a lot of things regarding our lack of financial clout.  Speculate indeed if you have it.  That''s where I''m a little old fashioned in that I for one would like to see us go up under Delia''s& Co''s flag and in the financial state that we are at present, if only as a small reward because she and hubby showed some faith in the club when others fought shy, they as you know are not really rich when seen from a footballing viewpoint.  If successful from that stand-point I believe sincerely that we would be far more attractive as investment potential and someone big like Richard Branson might be interested; after all Norwich airport and advertising while in the prem would be a kick-back for him.  Good reply Rick all the best in your business!!

I can''t believe how negative so many people are about Dion''s signing. Yes, he''s old and yes, it could look like a backward step, but I for one think it could be a half decent signing. Let me explain.

First of all, Dion has played most of his recent career at centre back. To me this suggests that he reads the game well and is a bit of a leader on the pitch. At present we don''t seem to have many of them. So, he''s a strong character (though one that probably won''t disagree with Worthless), an experienced head, and cover for our centre backs as well as a target man up front.

He''ll be used as a bench player who''ll probably get the odd 45 minutes here and there. I don''t see where the problem is. It''s not like he''ll be asked to play for 90 minutes every game.

It might work out, it might not, but at least we''ve got another "big man" who''s more likely to score than Peter Thorne.