Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Dion Dublin

Apparently he''s been training all summer with Leicester so should be fit. Can''t see what''s wrong with playing Jarvis personally...

when was the last time he played a competitive game? if croft is not up to fitness after 6 weeks of the season at 20 years old how long will it take dublin, six years? unless hes gonna play with roller skates on!!! this sucks.

Can''t believe this "Why did we let Iwan go?" rubbish.

Sutton was at Celtic then Birmingham, Dublin at Celtic and Iwan at ...... Gillingham, then Cambridge, then Welsh TV.

There may be an argument between Sutton/Dublin, but ROBERTS?? Come on!! He spent the last two seasons here falling over forwards, fouling his marker and being caught offside. God knows how bad he would be now.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should be truly disgusted by this signing .[/quote]

Surprised, yes. Bemused, slightly. Disgusted, no. This, I guess, means I''m not a true supporter NotWorthy. See you at Home Park on Saturday?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Tufnell Park Canary"]

[quote user="Two Tails"]Someone explain to me why we let Iwan go again?
[/quote]

Spot on

[/quote]

And Iwan''s practically the same age...

This is pathetic.

[/quote]

there if we extrude your logic then Keeping Iwan here would also have been a disgrace yes?

let the guy play first before you moan.

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]WTF must Ryan Jarvis be thinking this morning?[/quote]

Hopefully realising its an opportunity to learn something from him in training.

Jarvis will get games this season, at 53 Dion is hardly going to be a 90 minute player :)

Now  funny how all the same little clan that have been laughing at the suggestion of Sutton signing because he was to old and past it are now making out the Dublin signing is a great bit of buisiness , laughable it really is.

This has to rank as one of the most shameful,embarrasing and desperate signings in our history.

To sell Green and Mckenzie for a combined 2- 2.5m and end up with this is an absolute disgrace

R.I..P Season 2006/7 - Worthington out !!!

No not happy at all, and yours and others usual rose-tinted blathering does not help.  He played in defence for ages for god sake and is three years older than Sutton!

This is a desperate signing from a desperate Manager and Board, who even with the Sh** likely to hit the fan soon, are STILL looking for a cheap way out!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Surely the people calling for Sutton should be happy.  We have an experienced target man, a former Celtic player, and he''s fit too !  Surely that ticks one box more that Sutton ? :)

I guess if your job is to hold up play, then you don''t need too much pace.  Dion should give us the prescence we have lacked in set-play situations, albeit probably not for a full 90 minutes, and Hendo and Jarvis should be able to pick up a few tricks from him on the training ground.

[/quote]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should be truly disgusted by this signing .[/quote]

Not disgusted, therefore not a TRUE supporter according to Notworthy, but never mind the team will have to make do with my second-class support at Home Park on Saturday. 

It is not an inspiring signing but it makes some sense.  I''d rather have someone who played for Celtic last season than someone who was deemed not good enough anymore for Gillingham, or someone so injury prone that they can''t find any team to sign them.

August 64

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Now  funny how all the same little clan that have been laughing at the suggestion of Sutton signing because he was to old and past it are now making out the Dublin signing is a great bit of buisiness , laughable it really is.[/quote]

I haven''t posted a comment about sutton before. My problem was with you and what you posted.

[quote user="Two Tails"]Someone explain to me why we let Iwan go again?
[/quote]

Excellent point. It is remarkable that we let Malky and Iwan go just at a time when we needed the benefit of their experience and physical and mental toughness. Look at Malky now !

Have to say I thought it was a joke when I was told the news that Dublin had signed for us.It certainly will be interesting to see just how good/bad he is at the grand old age of 37. Feel a bit sorry for Jarvis though.

I''d agree with that appraisal of the situation. Might also be worth remembering what Hairy Kneecap has done with a bunch of old crocks and has-beens at Portsmouth recently...

Deeeeon  Deeeeon!

I blame Blahblahblah who (I think)started the why not sign Tom Finney post for starting the idea! [;)][:P]  Did Sutton keep Dion out of the celtic team early last year?

Well I suppose its another body but it will not do anything for thorne or jarvis'' confidence.  He can only be here for sub appearances and a coaching job surely? 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I blame Blahblahblah who (I think)started the why not sign Tom Finney post for starting the idea! [;)][:P]  Did Sutton keep Dion out of the celtic team early last year?

[/quote]

I''ve just had a call from Finneys'' agent, he''s available, but only for signings of his book. 

Don''t think Thorne or Jarvis should be worried.

I think Jason Shackell might be looking over his shoulder though.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This has to rank as one of the most shameful,embarrasing and desperate signings in our history.

To sell Green and Mckenzie for a combined 2- 2.5m and end up with this is an absolute disgrace

[/quote]

I addition to "shameful, embarrasing and desperate" I''ve just read a fair smattering of "disgrace" & "disgusting" aswell as some reference to somebody or something being worth the "steam from my s**t" (sorry if I''ve misquoted the last bit). All a bit OTT isn''t it? It''s just a football club signing a bloke to do a job that everyone agrees needs doing. It might be a good signing, it might be bad signing, only time will tell - I think I''ll start a new grouping - KTFWO - "Keep the f***ing Wool on"   

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Good point Mook - where did Dion play for Celtic?   With his loss of pace perhaps he is in as centre back cover - have the club said?

Worthington added: "His main position is as a striker and obviously that''s where I am looking for him to be involved, although obviously he can also provide strong cover in the centre of defence as well."

I think Worthy has said he is happy to have brought a striker in. I mentioned elsewhere that he would help the last-ditch defending we seem so keen on at present, though, so I''m sure that''s a consideration too [:P]I want to bee a KTFWO with Yellow Shrimper, as always I''ll wait to see how he''s used and how long he takes to make an impact before judging him.

I dont see how this will harm jarvis''s confidence, hardly the same type of player, its a different option, not the same one.I can see how it would affect Thorne though, but what does he expect, he has not stayed fit for us for more than five minutes.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Good point Mook - where did Dion play for Celtic?   With his loss of pace perhaps he is in as centre back cover - have the club said?

[/quote]

agreed.....the man has little pace left and is oddly not a bad CB so only time will tell i guess...........if only we had never let him go on free to Cambs all those years ago in 1988 [;)]

I love how all of you on the board speak like you have an inside knowledge of the club. Like Worthy had the phone numbers of Dublin and Sutton in each hand, and was "inee meeni mini mo".We know very little about the situation. All of the people on here screaming for a target man. He''s not expensive, he''ll do a job. Age makes no difference. Sheringham anyone? Wait until they play before judging them, three years over Sutton? For god sake, at that kind of age does 3 years really make any difference?!

If you read the post above on the one hand it accuses Dublin of being an ''over the hill money grabbing journeyman'' and on the other asks WTF must ryan jarvis be thinking?

Well presumably if your right about Dublin he''ll be thinking "this blokes an over the hill money grabbing journey man and as such is no threat to my place in the team"

Honestly if your going to go off on a rant at least make sense!

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]If the Scum had signed Dublin it would be the best comedy moment of the season !

Worthington refused to sign Sutton (and credit to him for not doing so, due to his age) and has then gone and surpassed himself in signing an over the hill, money grabbing journeyman.

I was beginning to warm to Worthington and give him the benefit of the doubt for last season, but he has yet again proven he is not worth the steam off my s**t !!

Surely next season''s shirt sponsors have to be Billy Smarts Circus.

WTF must Ryan Jarvis be thinking this morning?[/quote]

Sorry this post not the one actually above my last

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[quote]or someone so injury prone that they can''t find any team to sign them.

August 64[/quote] Matthieu Louis Jean anyone?

Agree with GJL,

im sorry to say this but Nigel Worthington is a B*******er! pure and simple. "Young and hungry" my rear end! he has a pot full of transfer Kitty and signs some has been who coudlnt even get on the Bench at Celtic!

Dion Dublin Works for the BBC during the FA cup games, so he will have plenty of time to do that here then!

As for those getting excited, Weren''t we all excited when Tony Cottee and Steve Walsh signed? yes, lets just gloss over those, the fact they couldnt Run due to the fat the legs had gone, drained a huge amount of money from us and were utter rubbish to boot said a lot at the time.

And Bryan Hamilton did sign those "old Crocks" just before he resigned... History repeating Worthington?

Im annoyed by this, I dont care if we had got Sutton, but lets look at the players he has released

Edworthy - To old

Iwan - To old

Malky - to Old

Svensson - To old

Helveg - too old

and yet here we are with a player who played his first competetive my game in my first yeear at middle School! i hear they are trying to re-incarnate Dixe Dean now too?

Worthy out!

Do you really think Dion will get into the box fast enough? or if he''s in defence that he wont get skinned because his legs are shot? or a clumsy challenge because he cant keep up anymore?

all he is is just a body in the squad incase of Injruy! a shocking decision by a desperate Board AND manager! the lot should go!

jas :)

Dublin failed to perform inthe SPL last year, largely against League One-like opposition.

Why should he be any good here?

Signing smacks of deseration.