Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Dion Dublin

Surprise move, but could turn out to be good - very experienced, proven goal scorers, quite old, but I''m happy with it (wait for barrage of why not Sutton calls)

[quote user="Dicky"]Surprise move, but could turn out to be good - very experienced, proven goal scorers, quite old, but I''m happy with it (wait for barrage of why not Sutton calls)[/quote]

I''m not happy or unhappy with it, hardly young and hungry but we need someone and Dublin is someone I suppose.  I am sure he will do a job for us, just not for 90 minutes.

Surprise signing indeed,

signed until end of the season, obviously good ion the air and good hold up player,

could be a good signing if he is still fit and hungry.

He could do a job for us. He is certainly better than thorne, but i''m not sure whether i would rather we used him or ryan jarvis. I am quite suprised considering what worthy has said about fowler and sutton in the past, and also how dublin is bound to be behind our ''first class'' fitness levels. Dublin at 37 is older than both the other 2, and probably on paper the one with the least ability.

by the sounds of things so far, not many are happy with this, but yeh i agree could turn out well. yes he is 37, but he werent at celtic for no reason. could do alright upfront with earnie. and if teddy''s anything to go by, he''s got another 3 years left in him yet ;) lol.

I just got back home from work in Hong Kong and when I got the news, I was shocked!

But yeah he would be a great character in the team, maybe he was too old but his experience can surely help our team to progress, also looking forward to meet him in October in Colney! :)

im well happy. gd to see wev signed som1 and better som1 old who was gd once than som1 who apparently scored afew - such as neil harris. got more than thorne and will ad experience

"Someone explain to me why we let Iwan go again?"

Because he wasn''t very good any more.

Surely the people calling for Sutton should be happy.  We have an experienced target man, a former Celtic player, and he''s fit too !  Surely that ticks one box more that Sutton ? :)

I guess if your job is to hold up play, then you don''t need too much pace.  Dion should give us the prescence we have lacked in set-play situations, albeit probably not for a full 90 minutes, and Hendo and Jarvis should be able to pick up a few tricks from him on the training ground.

What an absolute disgrace this club is nothing but a laughing stock , Worthington go ask Magilton to teach you about loaning decent players.

nice to see norwich really push the boat out.

bet we had loads of competition for his signature.

having failed dismally in the transfer window to sign anyone worth having they now are really scraping the barrel.

i hope it works out and ambition? my a****.

who next? David Cross, Paul Cheesley.....

its a gamble but one with few risks as far i can see, if he doesnt perform or gets injured we are in no worse a situation that we now, should we need an clear and experience head to come off the bench to change things up a bit we now have the option.Sutton hasnt been picked up by any club because of his injury problem so i cant see why people are still going on about that one.

Stunned. So Worthy says that Sutton is too old and we end up with a 37 year old. He''ll need a taxi to kep up with Earnie, unless he''s cover for left back!! Is Robert Fleck still playing anywhere?

The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should be truly disgusted by this signing .

Blah x3 Dublin makes Sutton look like a spring chicken , maybe he will be given a club sponsered zimmerframe.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

nice to see norwich really push the boat out.

bet we had loads of competition for his signature.

having failed dismally in the transfer window to sign anyone worth having they now are really scraping the barrel.

i hope it works out and ambition? my a****.

who next? David Cross, Paul Cheesley.....

[/quote]

Showing your age with that one fillet!! Howabout John Manning or Brian Conlon?? [;)]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should be truly disgusted by this signing .[/quote]

I simply refuse to try to intepret anything you say until you post something positive, can I ask, are you a manic depressive? By the way, I am a true supporter and no I am not disgusted. Let''s give the guy a chance first should we?

If we have to divide into camps (as it seems we always do), then I''m far closer to the Worthy Out than KTF brigade, but I actually think this could be a good signing for us. As long as he can get up to fitness standards quickly I think we''ll have a good target man on our hands. I''m looking forward to seeing him play.

(Cue deluge of numbnuts telling me I''m not a real fan or some such rubbish....)

[quote user="NotWorthy"]The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should be truly disgusted by this signing .[/quote]

Unless, of course, we get a good result. In which case they''ll be cheering on the players. Because that''s the idea isn''t it? We want a successful football club. Your comment ''post comma'' is certainly NOTWORTHY of the time you spent typing it... 

I''m sorry - nothing against Dion and he may do a job for us but this is a disgrace. A real signing for the future eh...how have NCFC got themselves in to the position where we are signing a 37 on a free transfer is the question that needs to be asked to the board...

Does any Norwich fan think this is a step in the right direction for our club ? I obviously don''t know what wages he is on (probably not too much to be fair at 37) - but this is an incredibly short term signing - where is the squad building that is so desperately and obviously needed ? I appreciate we can''t actually sign and players contracted to other clubs at the moment - this should have been done in the summer.

I''m not saying this is only Worthingtons fault - the board are equally culpable - but the PR genius that is Worthington (who has strongly stated in the past to re-assure fans over lack of transfer activity) we are looking for people who are young fit and hungry, he dismissed speculation about Sutton because he was too old, now comes out and don''t say Dion is old but "experienced"....!!! unbelievable.

Where has the money gone Delia / Neil ?? we are really scraping the barrel here - this is embarassing....

[quote user="NotWorthy"]The Worthy out and sack the Board chants will

be very loud at the Burnley game , every TRUE Norwich supporter should

be truly disgusted by this signing .[/quote]

Yeah, lets sign no one!

Don''t try to speak for "every true supporter" you know nothing mate.

"Gramps" Dublin might just suprise a few people.

[quote user="Tufnell Park Canary"]

[quote user="Two Tails"]Someone explain to me why we let Iwan go again?
[/quote]

Spot on

[/quote]

And Iwan''s practically the same age...

This is pathetic.

If the Scum had signed Dublin it would be the best comedy moment of the season !

Worthington refused to sign Sutton (and credit to him for not doing so, due to his age) and has then gone and surpassed himself in signing an over the hill, money grabbing journeyman.

I was beginning to warm to Worthington and give him the benefit of the doubt for last season, but he has yet again proven he is not worth the steam off my s**t !!

Surely next season''s shirt sponsors have to be Billy Smarts Circus.

WTF must Ryan Jarvis be thinking this morning?