Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Did any one else....

stay up to watch the Carling Cup highlights on ITV last night.

I wish I hadn''t of bothered...was on 00:00 - 01:00 and under programme description said ''highlights from all the weeks Carling Cup games''.

Now to me this meant they would show highlights of every game played in the cup this week...apparently not!

Instead they showed extended highlights from the Chesterfield V.s Man City / Scunthorpe V.s Aston Villa games, and showed the goals from: Doncaster v.s Derby, Middlesbrough v.s Notts County, Barnsley v.s MK Dons, Crewe v.s Wigan, Leeds v.s Barnet, Port Vale v.s QPR and I think they showed Fulham v.s Wycombe as well.

I was well annoyed that I''d bothered watching the whole thing at that time at night and not to see the Norwich goals.

And then they showed an interview with Jose Mourinho about Chelsea''s win over Liverpool...not a lot to do with Carling Cup.

Rant over!

No I didn''t and i''m glad now! they should show a round up of all the goals at the beggining so that you can have your few seconds of fun and then go to bed without having to watch all the other dross!

ITV just cannot get the hang of football programs.  The Championship on Sundays is an awful program where you''re lucky to see more than a few seconds of your team, unless you''re Sunderland, Palace or Leeds (last season).  I just don''t bother watching.  I''d rather go without seeing the goal action of NCFC than waste time and money on any of Shite-TV''s broadcasts...

Didn''t see it but doesn''t surprise me.  ITV are abysmal when it comes to any sort of football coverage.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I haven''t seen the goals yet but they will be on Football League Review on Sky Sports 1 at 6.30 this evening (but then I suspect you all knew that)[/quote]If anyone hasn''t seen the highlights I actually have a link to a download of them. I have no idea who to credit for it (someone else gave me the link) but it works fine. I don''t know if I''m allowed to post it here but if I am then I will.And yes I too was angry about this highlights show. I taped it a winded back and forwards through it about three times this morning looking for it. Then I heard Matt Smith say: "There weren''t many shocks in tuesday''s matches, but there were a few...". And they only showed the games where an upset happened and for some reason the Leeds game aswell.I don''t know why they had to give so much air time (about half an hour!) to Man City, and what the hell was the point in that Mourinho interview??? They weren''t even involved.

[quote user="Quantum"][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I haven''t seen the goals yet but they will be on Football League Review on Sky Sports 1 at 6.30 this evening (but then I suspect you all knew that)[/quote]

If anyone hasn''t seen the highlights I actually have a link to a download of them. I have no idea who to credit for it (someone else gave me the link) but it works fine. I don''t know if I''m allowed to post it here but if I am then I will.[/quote]

Best not to. Premium TV wouldn''t be too impressed.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[quote user="Quantum"][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I haven''t seen the goals yet but they will be on Football League Review on Sky Sports 1 at 6.30 this evening (but then I suspect you all knew that)[/quote]If anyone hasn''t seen the highlights I actually have a link to a download of them. I have no idea who to credit for it (someone else gave me the link) but it works fine. I don''t know if I''m allowed to post it here but if I am then I will.[/quote]

Best not to. Premium TV wouldn''t be too impressed.[/quote]

Okay that''s understandable [Y]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id sooner see BBC have the higlights rights, MOTD -2 could cover the championship. would make a good programme

jas :)

[/quote]True jas, the beeb''s MOTD format is near perfection and focuses on the action rather than the waffling bores in the studio (Martin O''Neill excepted!)ITV''s league footy coverage looks like a college project or something.

The highlights were on Sky last night...they always seem very fair with there highlights. They did show slightly extended highlights of Peterborough v.s Everton, but that''s understandable as the game was on sky.

It''s a shame though, because obviously no everyone has access to Sky so will have missed out on seeing them.

Can I just say that having seen the highlights, I don''t know what the referee was looking at with regards to there penalty...if there was a foul it was easily outside the box.

on sky last night at 6.30, showed all the goals, it was never a penalty. A couple of our goals were good, I was impressed by Flemings, now that is what we need to see more of from corners - fearless commitment. 

Agreed on the penalty. It really didn''t look like a foul at all. Thorne''s header was quality too (not sure if that''s something I''m allowed to say though).

[quote user="mbncfc"]Agreed on the penalty. It really didn''t look like a foul at all. Thorne''s header was quality too (not sure if that''s something I''m allowed to say though).[/quote]

No i agree, very well taken goal by Thorne.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I haven''t seen the goals yet but they will be on Football League Review on Sky Sports 1 at 6.30 this evening (but then I suspect you all knew that)[/quote]Shame some of us work ungodly hours and rely on late night shows.I''m gutted that PremiumTv have finally cottoned on to the fact that I have had full access to canariesworld for four years - without paying a penny! I got free membership through signing up to NTL broadband in the play-off final season. When I moved house, it seemed to screw up the records (maybe ''cos I had to leave NTL as they didn''t cover Blofield?) - as a result, I''ve been waiting & waiting for somebody to notice that I still had access. Unfortunately, somebody, finally, did. [:''(]

I stayed up to watch the Carling Cup highlights..........stared at a blank screen for 20 minutes "ping!" - then I realised it was the microwave.[:|]