Sign in to follow this  
my other team is england

Is RICK WAGHORN now on the payroll ?

RICK WAGHORNS PRO WORTHINGTON ARTICLES IN THE MEDIA LAST SEASON HAVE OBVIOUSLY PAID DIVIDENDS.HE NEED NOT WORRY THAT ONLY ONE MAN AND HIS DOG ARE THE SUBSCRIBERS TO HIS WEBSITE.IT APPEARS THAT NCFC HAVE TAKEN ON YET ANOTHER PRESS OFFICER ;SORRY I MEAN HEAD OF MEDIA EXECUTIVE.WHAT ON EARTH WAS HE DOING TRAVELLING TO ROTHERHAM THE OTHER NIGHT WITH JOE FERRARI AND JAMES BIGG IN A FOOTBALL CLUB CAR ? I DONT EXPECT TO SEE BALLS,GEDGE,OR AITKEN BEING OFFERED A LIFT TO AWAY GAMES.BILLY NO MATES JOE MUST HAVE A FRIEND AFTER ALL.

Think Rick has always had close links with the club.  Has done stuff for the programme in the last couple of seasons and still gets exclusives from them.  Not aware they are officially employing him though.

Those capital letters certainly lend an air of authority to your post. :o)Shame I never read posts written entirely in caps really.How can I take you seriously if you haven''t worked out where the caps lock key is? How the heck are you going to work anything else out?

A mate of mine went to the launch night for Waghorn''s website.

In attendance were several first team regulars,members of the coaching staff including Worthy and members of the board including Doncaster.

Forgiving you for your use of CAPITAL LETTERS you''re right - it doesn''t really look too good for someone who is supposed to be an independant journalist.

[quote user="Maverick"]

A mate of mine went to the launch night for Waghorn''s website.

In attendance were several first team regulars,members of the coaching staff including Worthy and members of the board including Doncaster.

[/quote]

No doubt his website is full of contructive, balanced opinions then.

Wack Righorn also penned the best selling ''classic'' "12 Canary Greats" which featured various "Canary Greats" (around a dozen of them I think).

Our very own ''Nigel'' featured in said book - and, was the Twelftieth final ''Greaty Canary''.....Mmmmh?

Ricky is obviously destined for better things - and I therefore wish him well in his latest ''alleged'' role as NCFC''s official "Ride in the back of a Delia plc club motor - and concur with whatever the Chief Exec and a Chauffeur teaboy club Meejah junior representative tell him, independant journo" (allegedly).

"Yah! Yah! absolutely Mr Neil.....Sure, sure, will put that in my next website thingy Mr Neil -  would you like one of my travel sweets Mr Neil?" "Oh, by the way Mr Neil sir'' do you want me to stay and look after the motor - whilst you go and watch the game?" "I can then type my webbo match report up in peace and quiet - and maybe you can proof read it on the return journey home?" "Do you also think that I''m a Chris Lakey lookey-likey, Mr Neil?"..........

I''m sure that Mr Waghorn visits this site under a pseudonym.......I bet he sings Nigel, Neil''s and the great NCFC boards'' praises - and retorts against the disruptive elements and the untrue ''others''.......(allegedly). ;~)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Wack Righorn also penned the best selling ''classic'' "12 Canary Greats" which featured various "Canary Greats" (around a dozen of them I think).

[/quote]

I''ve been a bit hard on Rick, so i''ll give him credit by saying that''s an excellent book.  There''s another due out and its even got the elusive Ron Saunders in it.  Should be worth the wait.

Didn''t Rick Waghorn used to write columns in the local media trying to show the club in a positive light.. didn''t he used to support the manager and try and justify his feeble excuses for poor results.. didn''t he write good things about the board and the fans?

Oh yeah.. and didn''t he once criticise some posters on internet message boards and coin the phrase "Citizen Journalist" thus creating our very own Citizen Journalist Foghorn?

How very dare he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [;)]

here''s a neat trick...think of a number between 1 and 10, half it, subtract 2, half it again, then subtract the number you first thought of...whatever number you start with you end up with a bigger number that the total number of subscribers to Waggers'' site...

...his most recent article has a subtle criticism again (no suprises really) of message board users (I actually agree with what he says about Dublin by the way) so that would say to me he hasn''t quite worked out what his potential market is yet...

...they''ll always be a role for Waggers in Norwich...that bloke with the glove puppets who stands near the market is getting on a bit and will need replacing soon

In my opinion, Waghorn''s journalism last season was the most biased I had ever read in the EEN on the subject of NCFC. I amazed that Archant let him get away with it, because his match reporting was not relevant to what was actually going on at the time.

Rick just manage to alienate an already frustrated Norwich fan even further and I for one am not surprised with his close links to Delia and NCFC because this was all too evident in his articles last year.

Like many of my friends, I am pleased that Rick Waghorn no longer covers reporting for Archant as regards to NCFC.

Rick knows best.........That''s why he is an independant journo, as he can now write unbridled - and as he sees it. Released from the tight bonds of his previous employment - his almost empty biro scribe - is free to report and write, write and write, once it has been ok''d by the ''OK winky nod g''urn then, gang. (Allegedly). 

Rick used to live between Carrow Road and Colney, now he sits on a wonky milkin'' stool, behind Lord Neil Doncaster MBE? MBA? M11? MIB? MI6? whatever - and Sergeant Joe ''club meejah'' Ferrari Protonislotunos the Hopeful, with Private 1st class Jester and consort meejah ''2 sugars?'' Teaboy Jimbo. (Allegedly). 

''Man City Rick'', clutching his gratis ''well chewed'' NCFC ballpoint with matching NCFC headed notepad, loiters like a squawkin'' yearling seagull - alongside the ''there yer are waggers - free tea ''n'' biccies'' but, he''s really wanting scraps, morsels and titbits, of ''approved'' by the management ''official news'' to fill his well thumbed noteycollector thingy. (Allegedly). 

Things are beginning to look upwards at Carrow Ho! Ho! Ho! Road, soon to be re-named Jurassoccer Park - with proposed further signings (post medical and hip replacements allowing) of proven lanky blokes "Alan ''Cap''n Black from the Mysteron''s'' Hansen" and fellow ageing - but can still do a job on the pitch "Mark ''mustdash'' Lawro, Lawro, Lawrenson" esquire. Although "Gary ''we''re just good friends y''know - and she''s just helping me through a difficult period'' Linenkicker" is reportedly interested in a ''pay as you lay'' contract - and is willing to ''give it a go'' as long as his BBC fees are matched by prudently ambitious Norwich (and that he can use the sunbeds in Green''s "exclusive for Norwich''s ''m''wah, mwah''  beautiful people, rather trendy yah'' Fitness club" - for nowt.. (Allegedly).

Nuff said for now! ''rearguards'' Citizen Journo Mello ''whatever is he ramblin'' on about?'' Yello. ;~)

Keep the filth! On the fall City! Onwards and across a bit! Prunes with ham bits on! Infinite NHS patients - etc, etc, etc. Soundbytes, cliche''s lah, lah, lah. Cuckoo an'' fluffy wuffy clouds......Aaaaah Luvverly...

Now, it''s back to the true fans intricate, uninformed and detailed - but without substance explanations - of why how our club is "Wunnerful!"  Blair x3, it''s over to you.......ZZzzzzz[|-)] [;)]