Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

STOP MOANING ABOUT DUBLIN!!!

Some times I wonder if some of you will ever be happy! We get a tall target man for free and just cause he''s old, same of you slate him. In july (2 Months ago) Strachan nearly resigned Dublin cause he''d done well with Celtic the season before. Yes he may lack pace, but having Dion Dublin can only be good for the squad.

We needed a striker, we needed a tall striker and until the transfer window reopens then I think Worthy has done a piece of good business. Out of Dublin, Sutton and Ferguson, I personally think we''ve got the best one. Sutton was Awful last season with Birmingham and I really wouldn''t like fergusons temperment around the club, I imagine he would create a bad atmosphere.

The young players can learn from Dublin and I think he''ll help Earnshaw to become a better player. He''s good friends with Hucks and has played with him at Coventry so he has some idea of how he plays.

I think with the current players available in the free transfer market, worthy has got it right for once!

Good Luck Dublin,he''ll be a valvable asset for us!

I wouldnt say we got the best of the three but the best 1 avaliable!

Apparently Sutton has recently had an operation and isnot even fit so why people have been moaning that we must sign him I dont know..

dublin will offer us a different outlet to earnie so that must be a good thing a little less predictable!!

Totally agree Tom - its a decent signing for now, better than nothing for sure! I think he can score a good few goals here with the amount of crosses Croft and co manage to get in the box. [Y] Only thing to think about now is the system I suppose.

You''re right, e have to give him, Dublin a good welcome and full support.

But the moaning is because when all is said and done, it is very much a second-best signing, and has been done only because of earlier failures to sign strikers who might have cost but who could be part of team building. This is extreme short-termism when some measure of team building is needed with the money from Green and McKenzie.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

have you seen his goal scoring record ?

6 goals since 2002

top class.

[/quote]good sake give him a chance how long as he been here. no wonder players dont come here they take one look at this website and think twice about coming.

In how many starts Citizen? That is the key.

You also ought to deduct those games where he played centre half.

Be fair.

What are the stats now?

OTBC 

dion dublin , not roger hunt then ,  i will wake up in a minute i hope. like your other  half marty,now thats not a nightmare.

remember a day spent out of norfolk is a day wasted

The only way this will work is if we revert to 4-4-2 and get Dublin to help hold the ball up for Earnie. But when we played 4-4-2 last year with the same midfield options, we continually got outplayed there and got dominated by what were, in theory, poorer teams.

Foghorn, sometimes you are an embarrassment to yourself.

First you slate the signing of Dublin by saying "poor old Jarvis will never get his chance".

Then your message finishes with the reasons we should sign Chris Sutton!!!!!

BRILLIANT.

Obviously you''re talking rubbish. Dion won''t play in Jarvis''s position. Dion can cover for the CB position, which is not looking too strong with Shacks out of form (again). Dion is not going to be first choice, but will give us another option.

If you''re going to make trouble, do it with a good argument, and don''t immediately contradict yourself with your own message signature!

I think he could be a great signing, obviously we have not signed him for his pace,  and i could not think of anyone much better than him, getting on the end of crosses from Croft and Huckers, his hold up play is fairly sound and its another option when our current game is not working.

As stated many times, lets just give the guy a chance, and if he plays poorly, then maybe its time to critise then.

Its not Dion people are moaning about as such, i dont think, its the boards complete lack of ambition that drives people crazy. Anyway you want to spin it, Dublin is not a great sigming, might have been 10 years ago.

I think, from the games that I have seen this season, that he could be exactly what we need. I have lost track of the number of crosses I have seen put into the opposition box only for defenders to have such an easy job in clearing its unreal. We are not after another fast striker, we are after an experienced, big bloke who can get on the end of crosses, read the game and hold up play when we do use the long ball. I''ve got a suggestion, why don''t we wait and see what he is like before we assasinate him! Oh, I know, because some of the muppets on this board are simply not happy unless they are moaning about everything, yes EVERYTHING, to do with this club. Lets wait and see, it is possible that he is what we need.

I saw him in training this morning and he looks very fit. He''s was quick and fast on the turn. Certainly doesn''t play like a 37 year old has been!

Jarvis spent most of the session with him and they seemed to be getting on like a house on fire. There''s a lot to be learned from someone with his experience.

As long as he plays like he trained, it''s a win-win situation ;~)

[quote user="LQ on another world"]I saw him in training this morning and he looks very fit. He''s was quick and fast on the turn. Certainly doesn''t play like a 37 year old has been! Jarvis spent most of the session with him and they seemed to be getting on like a house on fire. There''s a lot to be learned from someone with his experience. As long as he plays like he trained, it''s a win-win situation ;~)[/quote]

What a nice, compact, informative post. Thanks LQ etc 

Is there anyone still playing that has made more appearances and scored more than our Celine?

Fowler, Cole and Sheringham spring to mind but I''m no statto...

I''ve stated elsewhere that I have reservations, but I''m willing to give him a chance and see what happens.  I''d love it if he starts banging in the goals for us.  As MacD''s Perm says, he could just be what we need in the box.  I only saw the Preston game so far this season and we did seem to whip in some brilliant crosses that were simply too high for little Earnie.  A target man on the end of them and we could have won that game by about 5 or 6....

to be honest there is no reason why a 37 year old in good shape can still prove to be an asset in the championship, he''s hardly an OPA yet.

[quote user="Blub Blub Blub"]He was nothing other than very average in his prime[/quote]And with that statement you reveal your lack of judgement on what consitutes "average"

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]
dublin is garbage
[/quote]

Lets pick you on Saturday instead! I bet you''d dazzle us with the skills you''ve been honing sat in front of your PC...
Having a go at a Norwich City player before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger?
Shame on you and go crawl back under your rock !

Surely we have to give the bloke the chance to go out and prove himself?

Like many of us I would love to have seen Super Chris back at the club but through the years the odd old timer has done us well and might just do again.

Once upon a time I seem to remember Jan Molby providing a bit of entertainment and class in the middle of the park and of course that goal at St Andrews.  Before that Gary Megson came in an did a great job for us the year we got into Europe and going back even further Martin Peters wasn’t exactly a spring chicken when he joined us either.

So folks don’t get on the blokes back when he pulls on the Yella give him his chance to shine and don’t let your general dislike of Worthington get in the way of a potentially decent signing.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]in short the answer is no i won''t.

we have shown the true level of our ambition and frankly it stinks..........

dublin is garbage

[/quote]

Of course, he''s garbage. Doesn''t matter you''ve never even seen him play yet or even been to training as LQ has to see him, he''s garbage.

People who make such sweeping moronic comments without even having seen him play are just showing themselves up. Let''s wait and see how he settles here.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]dublin is garbage[/quote]Lets pick you on Saturday instead! I bet you''d dazzle us with the skills you''ve been honing sat in front of your PC...Having a go at a Norwich City player before they''ve even kicked a ball in anger?Shame on you and go crawl back under your rock ![/quote]we are not talking about me playing up front, only a cart horse called dublin. I am however talking about the true level of ambition at this club.  so many on this board are happy with the sub standard football this team is turning out. It makes me sick just how many people continue to defend worthy and the dross that is served up at carrow road of recent times. I am and have always been prepared to stand up and speak my mind. I do not feel the need to travel round this message board throwing insults at it''s users. (only opinions on the team - and yes dublin is still garbage)