Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

i think we need the truth-why dublin-wheres the money?

i think we deserve to know the facts about dublin. we were told peter thorne was our target man and sutton was too old for a pay as you play deal, made no attempts to sign target men like john hartson, sam parkin etc so why did we end up with dion? because nobody else wanted him, and  hes CHEAP! we get 7.5m for ashton and spend just under 3m of it on the sharpest finisher in the  league in earnie, yet the rest of parachute payments and transfer profits are stored safely at the club.its back to the chase days for us now, hasnt anyone else spotted way we are turning this club into the way it was run by our old friend robert. I also think the reason chris sutton never returned was the fact nigel wouldnt want a player who is or in other fans eyes could be a local hero and worthy faceing the rath of the fans if he wanst playing. Good luck to dion though, nothing against the guy and hope he does well.

No, if Rob Chase was in charge we''d have sold ashton for £7.5 million true, but we''d never have spent 3.5 milllion of that bringing earnshaw in. I''m thankful we have a sensible board who don''t gamble the long term future of our football club by spending money we don''t have on players we can''t afford with no guarentee of success. We are 20Million+ in debt all ready, i guess some of the money has been spent on that. Regarding Chris Sutton - He is injured i.e not fit to play therefore of little use to a football club!

the way i see things are that the board are keeping a tight reign on the pennies as far as worthy is concerned.i actually do believe there just isnt a lot of quality about out there at the moment.clubs are reluctant to let anyone go out on loan,although,quite why we left it till the eleventh hour of the window to bring someone in only to be gazumped ,baffles me.i dont think you will see much action now until the window re -opens and correct me if i am wrong but we must have the smallest squad in this league!!

I think the board are holding on to the cash until January, and if we have a chance of promotion/play offs they will give it to worthy, if we dont then it will disappear into the bank never to be seen again,as per usual!!!

[quote user="theolster"]

made no attempts to sign target men like john hartson, sam parkin etc

[/quote] I''m glad we didn''t try for Parkin. He''s awful!! One of my mates is a Luton fan and Parkin is missing chances for them by the bucket load. A real Donkey! At least Dublin was free! ;-)