Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Congratulations to susie b!

Well done to susie for making the evening news with her lucky pants superstition! Fame and fortune (well fame anyway!) to some of the marvelous members of this board. I was quite disappoined with a lack of picture though as wanted to see this Anna Kournikova look alike in Norwich ;-)

Oh my god, DD...will I ever be able to leave my house again, let alone look anyone in the eye?
Having read the article over and over I will seem like a total crackpot to anyone and everyone, although I can assure you all that I am perfectly sane, if a bit eccentric when it comes to my team. I just hope that none of the students I teach read the Evening News, otherwise the start of term next week could be interesting/embarrassing! As for looking like Anna Kournikova, I have told you that I look remotely (very remotely) like her..especially on a moonless night in a power cut, but I do have the right colour hair and play the same sport.

susie b,
We are so proud of you for making that double page spread in the EEN on Monday night.I couldnt believe it when I started to read it and thought Ive read this story before somewhere,then it clicked susie b from the pinkun message board.Well Done.
Were you also the susie who got to pick the team in the EEN last week as I would love to know how you get to do that.
lol cityangel

FatMan Fat, (great name by the way), I declined the photo opportunity because I am very fair-skinned and blush at the slightest thing, and I very definitely didn''t want to imagine anyone at FCR (or at work for that matter) looking at me in strange ways or pointing or laughing. (Me paranoid? Never!) Besides, I would blow the Anna Kournikova myth in a fraction of a second, which would never do! Basically, what I''m trying to say is that I am quite shy, even though my posts might suggest otherwise.
Yes I did pick the team last week in the ''You''re the Boss'' feature in the EEN. (Fame at last?! I''m not holding my breath!) I was lucky enough to be on the same wavelength as dear Sir Nige, except I had no idea that Iwan and Macca were injured and ill respectively so my bench was slightly different to the one that materialised on Friday. Never mind! I guess that contacting Archant by e-mail and asking to write the feature is one way of doing it. In this instance someone from Archant asked me if I would like to do it, and I jumped at the chance. I''ve no idea why they asked, but I''m glad that they did. It was fun to think about and put together.

susie b ,
How did you get to be You''re the boss'' in the EEN, I have often wondered how people get picked?

I did ''you''re the boss'' once. They just phoned me up at work at gave me a very short time to choose my team, my tactics and try to think of some witty comments. Hence the fact it wasnt a journalistic masterpiece.

Susie B did you write that article all by yourself or did you get help? After all you are only a girl! and i''m sure a very nice one at that, but most girls go to football just to look at the players legs don''t they?

Moderator''s Note - I''m only allowing this as I assume it''s tongue-in-cheek and not a personal attack on Susie...

well done Susie B!

So glad to hear that you made it into the Evening News!! Didn''t get a chance to read it as I live in London, but gather that you gave away your secrets of the lucky pants!

I assume you will be glad to know that after taliking originally about the ''Am I losing it?'' thread, I have passed on my superstitious(ness) to a couple of my friends and my girlfriend. They have now started living their lives according to voices in their heads, telling them that if they so x, norwich will win! My girlfriend was packing my ncfc shirt the other day & after flinging it in to our bag, something told her to take it out, fold it properly, and repack it! She did - Norwich won! My mate Charlie has also been having similar problems - even affecting which pub we go to, what to eat, etc, etc....

Anyway, top of the league, who''s to say it doesn''t work?!!

To all those Exiles - here''s Susie''s moment of fame:

http://www.en24.co.uk/Content/Features/story.asp?datetime=12+Apr+2004+11%3A02&tbrand=ENOnline&tCategory=FEATURES&category=Features&brand=ENOnline&itemid=NOED12+Apr+2004+11%3A02%3A53%3A903

Susie - now I would never suggest that you shouldn''t wear your lucky pants, but I am just curious as to what you are going to do with them once we have clinched promotion?

Will they retain their ''lucky'' status for next season?

Or are you going to thow them onto the pitch at Hucks feet as if you were at a Tom Jones concert?

I reckon you should make yourself known to the crowd, like Mr Cheeseboard, by wearing your pants outside your jeans!

I too have a slight admission to make - I also have a ''pants'' related superstition which I never posted on the original thread - mine is not to wear any pants involving the colours of the aways teams strip. Fortunately for me, there isn''t a team out there that has a ''technicolour'' strip!

Oh my god! I''ve just been for lunch out with a friend and a walk on the beach (and just a little shopping!!!) and I''ve come back to all of this!!!
Peter, don''t worry about Gari Baldi''s comments. I know exactly who he is and I can sort him out with a swift backhand!?! He knows that I wrote that article 100% myself and if he ever denies it to anyone he will be wearing my lucky pants on his head at a stadium near you in the very near future!!!
NMTD - I have to be honest about the afore-mentioned item of clothing and tell you that they are a little worse for wear and probably need replacing, hence there will be no ''going Superman'' at FCR and certainly no throwing down of them at any hero''s feet! It is for the players'' safety, I can assure you! If you want to suss out who I am then, pending no outbreak of sunburn rashes in Norfolk over the next two days, I will be the only person glowing bright red at the thought of everyone else donning their x-ray specs trying to see what colour my you-know-whats are! On second thoughts I shall invest in some very pale foundation and put talc over the top of it then that will fool you all - hopefully. Now please let this thread fade into the obscurity it so definitely deserves...I am SOOO embarrassed!

You absolute rotter, paradox!!! You must stop delving in my undies drawer or I shall have to spend some time trawling through your previous posts and dig up some dirt on your good self!! Perhaps the City Dreams 1, 2 and 3 threads would be a good pace to start...

You''ve really wound me up now Gari! I play football for a ladies team! The reason I go to watch norwich is cause I like football not the players legs. I couldn''t care less what a player looked like so long as he could play football. Sorry if what you said was tongue-in-check but I had to say something, cause you have the same opinion on girls and football as most of the boys I know.

Don''t let Gari wind you up, Mouse. As I said in my post, I know him well and I will sort him out! I have even eaten a Yorkie bar in front of him, if that makes you feel better! He doesn''t believe what he said at all...it''s his way of having a joke with me. In truth, he actually thinks I know as much about footy as him, if not more, and he knows that I don''t go to matches to look at legs and bums either! If he doesn''t come on here and apologise in the next 24 hours I will expose the truth about his lucky blue pants to the nation!!! (He''s actually the least chauvanistic guy I think I know, but he is a huge wind-up merchant).

Sorry Mouse didn''t mean to offend you I was just trying to wind Susie B up as I know how see prides herself on her footie knowledge.
I think its great to see you lovely ladies at the matches especially in season''s past when the football hasn''t been to good to watch.

Just a quick note for Kathy as Basil Fawlty once said you''d have to sew them back on first.

Next you women will be chaining yourselves to railings demanding the vote!

Thank goodness you''ve apologised Gari. You have saved the nation from your lucky blue pants - that is such a relief!!! Now do try to do some work instead of upsetting all the nice people who come on here to meet in peace and love!