Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

Greeno for England

Headlines on back of this afternoons Liverpool Echo (Evening News equivalent) - "Dream Over - Injury destroys Kirklands Euro 2004 Hopes".

What chance now for Greeno to spend a couple of weeks in Portugal this summer????

I certainly hope he gets the nod over the Walking disaster, Walker, who will be a Div 1 keeper in a couple of months.

Come to think of it both James and Robinson are in danger of playing in the Nationwide next season. Either way lets hope Greeno continues to shine in the prem next season and shows his critics up as the ignorant fools they obviously are!

If Man City, Leeds and Leicester (not beyond possibility) were the relegated teams then all 3 ''Euro'' keepers would, temporarily at least, be playing outside the Prem next season, and our Greeno would not (hopefully - but almost certainly now).

Its a straight race now between Walker and Greeno. I reckon Walker will get the nod, but stranger things have happened. For the world cup qualifiers Greeno''s going to be in with a good chance as long as his form keeps up in the Prem.

Regarding Kirkland - he did look a good keeper, but he also appears to be very injury prone (just like Hoult who was also highly rated).

If Leeds go down (but I have a sneaky suspicion they won''t) there is no way that Robinson will stay there - Norwich will buy him as No2 to Greeno!

They said on the radio this afternoon that, barring an injury to james or robinson, it will be between greeno and walker for the third keeper at euro 2004. There is still the posibility that james, robinson and walker could be playing div 1 football next season adn so making greeno the only keeper in the prem. I know its far fetched but we can all dream/hope.

I think greeno will be going. Its a sure bet that green will be involved with the england set up for years to come, so what better way is there for him to gain experience of international football than to go to a major tournament as third choice keeper. Lets be honest, its very rare that the second and third choice keepers get a game in these tournaments, but the experience they gain from just being there is priceless.

the bbc recons that walkers gonna be the 3rd keeper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/england/3631135.stm

i really can''t see the point if it is him, he''s never going to play for england again so why take him?! green will be and he''s a better keeper already! i really can''t understand some of the decisions sven makes.