Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Tottenham...

As many of you will have read, today''s news is full of stories stating that Tottenham Hotspur are having a summer clear-out. Players looking likely to face the transfer market are;

Jamie Redknapp (could join his Dad at Pompey)
Gus Poyet
Darren Anderton
Mauricio Taricco
Michael Brown

Does anyone think any of these players would be of any use to Norwich? (Consideing the wages of course!)

Only my opinion, but
Redknapp - too injury prone
Poyet - too old (?)
Anderton - doesn''t get called ''sicknote'' for nothing
Taricco - ex-Binner, might go against him
Brown - slightly suspect temperament, perhaps (?)

I honestly think that we will probably looking for just three or four of the Nationwide''s best players who are hungry for a go in the Prem and who will fit Worthy''s very high standards in terms of commitment, discipline, work ethics, personality, and so on. It will be exciting over the summer to see who exactly these people are, but I don''t think it will be any of the above...but I might be wrong!

IMHO the only one who could possibly do a job for us would be Poyet in a similar (albeit avastly reduced way) that Martin Peters did in the 70''s

The only one I''d want at the club is Micheal Brown and thats only based on his performances for Sheffield United. I haven''t seen or hear much about him since he''s been at spurs so maybe the step up to the prem was to big for him. Poyet and Anderton are too old. Taricco has a funny temprament and so I woul''d want him to spoil the warm friendly atmosphere at our club and jamie redknapp is to injury prone, you be paying his wages for nothing for 80%of the season!

Slightly to do with the question: We lost 3-0 to Spurs in pre-season. What do you think score would be now?

I think out of the above mentioned that Brown might do a job.However he is similar in play to Holt and Francis.One player i might be tempted with is Dean Richards,only about 28 and has years of experience in the prem.The last season hasen''t been his best but im sure a fresh start would do him good.I rate Richards more then Unsworth From Everton,which a few people have mentioned.
If Pompey fall out of the prem,maybe we should go for Primus and Berger
What doe''s everyone else think?

One the ball city

i think that the best player they have at the min is stephane dalmat looks such quality every time i see him play ! robbie keane and defoe as you cant leave them out we need players of that quality !
dalmat is on loan from inter milan so maybe we could sneek him in !