Sign in to follow this  
irishcanary

Crouch staying Hucks GONE

I have it on good authority that Crouch is here for the rest of the season, but as i am sure we all know Huckerby is not. How dissappointing is that.

If you''re right (would you care to reveal your sources?!) then that''s great news. Lets face it, we all knew Huckerby was on his way. And it looked like Crouch was too. McVeigh/Rivers(when fit!)/Brennan can all contribute to offer what Huckerby did and I think Crouchy and McVeigh up front could be really formidable, not to mention a laugh with their height difference. And there''s room for another rabbit or two out of the loan hat if NW can find one!

I could not possibly reveal my source, but i think we should have pushed the boat out for Huckerby. at this level he is a match winner. Crouch has not got the same potential

I truly hope that you''re right about PC, irishcanary. I think he has been a towering force for us - no apology for the pun!
I also hope that you''re eventually proved wrong about DH. I think it could be a bit of a waiting game for him and for us. If he really wants to be here, and I do believe that he does, then surely a few weeks of earning good wages MCFC can ill afford for ''not much contribution required'' and a couple of instances of ''thanks, but no thanks'' to offers made by others richer than ourselves, and maybe, just maybe, KK will give in and let him come here permanently. It won''t be easy or particularly pleasant for the player himself going back to who knows what, but I''m still in the camp that if he wants to be a Norwich player as badly as he has suggested, then he will be...and it will be more than worth the wait! (I know the money to pay the agreed fee will still have to come from somewhere, but I have a feeling that too many people realise by now that this in an opportunity too good to miss...at least I hope so). Ever the optimist, I know I am, and ever the dreamer, but that''s what supporting your team is all about. And after all, it is almost Christmas!

I personally feel that moving Mcveigh from the left up to partner Crouch would be a mistake as Maca has looked superb throughout the season on the flank and remember earlier in the season when he played upfront with Neilson he didnt look great did he. I personnally feel this would have an unsettling affect and we should really go like for like and just make a straight swap of rivers for huckerby

I would suggest the fee being haggled over (Huckerby) is the difference between what he would get on the remainder of his contract and what Norwich are offering.

Assuming Norwich offer him a contract in the next week or so at a lower level than he was getting at Man City who is going to pick up the difference ?

All talk about taking a lower wage is that after his present contract runs out.

I believe Man City are realistic enough to know that in the present climate transfer fees are not being paid for players like Huckerby and so if they can at least get his wage bill off their books it is something they''ll take.

Likewise with Villa. Having taken a heafty loss over Balaban it is an indication that they are also more inclined towards removing unwanted playing staff than paying them on the hope of getting some transfer money in.

It will come down to how much Man City want him off their wage bill, how much Norwich want him here and then how much will Huckerby be prepared to lose to sign for us.

Given the obvious benefits for both clubs it may come down to how Huckerby rates his chances of getting in the next 18 months what Norwich are offering now. Would also make you wonder why, if he has been staying here with his family, he did so if he only thought the loan was short term

I do believe that Norwich have every intention of signing him but wanted him on a 3 month trial so to speak, hence the agreement to pay his full wages from the beginning. It may well also have been the case with both the others though it know looks a certainty that Harper''s injury will force him back to Pompey. (Just think, a bit more ''ambition'' from the board in September and we could have signed Harper permanently)

Thankfully I believe the board and Worthington have thought this through and whatever the outcome it will be seen as the best for the club both in the long term and short term.

But however it pans out just give us a win at the New (Dirty) Den on saturday and hope the resurgent West Ham can hold the Baggies cos if this is as far as we go then at least let us be on top for once.