Sign in to follow this  
Hump

Sympathy would have been given

Dear Nigel

If you had played the youngsters from the start of the season and things had gone poorly people would have accepted that you were building for the future and been on your side,but I am struggling to see your long term plan. You appear to be fighting fires and are very reactive instead of being pro-active.You call yourself a Manager but  I see no evidence of this in the decisions you make.You are fortunate in having a contract worth a £1000000,because in any other business you would be in a review process leading to disciplinary procedure for poor performance.

Football Management is a very priviledge position and in a way I feel you are abusing this.What is your ultimate ambition apart from hanging onto your job and messing with your young employees. You have a duty of care to young footballers and I feel you are falling short.Eagle and Jarvis performed for you and got no loyalty back but Delia is loyal to you      Boyle and Dublin will be your nemisis

I sent Nigel a copy and I suggest you all write him a personal letter that is not offensive but is objective

Dear Hump

When you were doing the managers assessment, what areas of my performance warranted him being placed on a disciplinary procedure?

Please elaborate.

Dear Nigel or may I call you Nutty

1.You spent money on some very poor goods and old fashioned models which have failed to deliver, so I question your ability to utilise our cash wisely- they cannot not be returned

2 You contantly blame the workers but they are the workers that you interviewd, so I question your recruitment ability. Did you ever ask these workers for references or to pass a practical or to see their qualifications

3 Your apprenticeship scheme seems to operate on a very unfair basis and you discriminate against local boys

4 you have sacked unfairly members of your staff who could, had they not have been compensated by the club taking you to an industrial tribunal

5 You fail to see the talent that is under your nose therefore I feel you also fail on medical grounds

[quote user="Hump"]

Dear Nigel or may I call you Nutty

1.You spent money on some very poor goods and old fashioned models which have failed to deliver, so I question your ability to utilise our cash wisely- they cannot not be returned

2 You contantly blame the workers but they are the workers that you interviewd, so I question your recruitment ability. Did you ever ask these workers for references or to pass a practical or to see their qualifications

3 Your apprenticeship scheme seems to operate on a very unfair basis and you discriminate against local boys

4 you have sacked unfairly members of your staff who could, had they not have been compensated by the club taking you to an industrial tribunal

5 You fail to see the talent that is under your nose therefore I feel you also fail on medical grounds

[/quote]

Just call me nutty cuz I couldn''t be nigel and nor would i want to! I''m still not sure about this disciplinary thing, surely if that was the case the board would have acted by now. Many of the things thrown at Worthy on these boards are made up or unsubstantiated rumours. I have always supported the manager on here but not without some very deep soul searching at times. My one reason to sack him right now would be because the fans would unite behind a new manager at least for a little while.

To quickly answer your points:-

1. I believe Worthy''s record in the transfer market is no worse than any other manager in this league and better than most. He has worked within the restraints put on him by the board who haven''t always delivered the players he identified as first choice.

2. Much to the annoyance of many people Worthy defends the workers more than he blames them. Which workers are you referring to?

3. I am not sure what you are getting at with this Hump.

4. Not sure the Team Manager sacks anyone. I think, as with bringing people in, he makes suggestions.

5. I doubt anyone could be sacked for just not having the same opinion as you.

We don''t know what targets the manager is set each season, I rather suspect they are below what most fans would like them to be, and he probably hasn''t fallen short enough to warrant being sacked.