Sign in to follow this  
hot Drury hes so fine

Carling Cup four round here we come!

I think Norwich have a good chance of getting to the four round draw like who we have played this season all lower league clubs Torquay, Rotherham, now we have Port Vale. Look who we have been played over the past three seasons Birmingham we lost there but there were in the Premiership and we played Newcastle the year we were in the Premiership and lost but the year before we got knocked out by Nothampton in the first round. Not a lot of Championship clubs will be in the four round 8 clubs are in the three round  4 for the 8 clubs are playing Premiership sides. One Championship side has may it Leeds/Southend. So who thinks we will make the Four round draw?

I bet loads of people reply saying that they don''t care for the cup but whilst it isn''t a patch on the league it is nice to do well and prove that we can actually win away from home.

I think we can do it.  Despite our terrible league form, we performed okay at Torquay and Rotherham with a weakened side.  Port Vale will be a tougher prospect though.

Dunno if it means anything, but before the draw I had a feeling we''d get another lower league side away from home.  Went to the first two and I''m going to this one too, can''t wait.  B***ocks to the Championship.

the reserve team we basically fielded actually played better than the first teamok, it was against a lower opposition, but still it was more entertaining and better football

maybe we should be playing these players...

[quote user="AJ"]the reserve team we basically fielded actually played better than the first team

ok, it was against a lower opposition, but still it was more entertaining and better football

maybe we should be playing these players...
[/quote]

Against Rotherham Tuesday night we matched them for effort and it seemed to me that there was more fight and passion in the team, whereas Worthy''s old chestnut about "earning the right to play" sprung to mind yesterday in the league! But you are right, it was lower opposition in the Carling Cup!

[quote user="london Canary"]I think the Carling Cup is the last thing we should be thinking about! A win away at port vale will mean very little if we can''t beat our league opponents.[/quote]

any win is good for confidence

and a win gives us chance of a big home draw in the next round to swell the coffers and then buy..............................................................................................................................

no one.

The Carling Cup has been the best thing about this season so far and the win at Millmoor didn''t get half the credit it deserved.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="london Canary"]I think the Carling Cup is the last thing we should be thinking about! A win away at port vale will mean very little if we can''t beat our league opponents.[/quote]

[/quote]

So they say but yet again we failed to prove that this week didn''t we?

Perhaps if the Worthless one had stuck with a couple of the players who gained that confidence by beating Rotherham things might have been different but true to form they were dropped (even off the bench) for the Plymouth match?

We had the chance of playing an easier team, putting a few goals past them and re-establishing some confidence in the side. We did not dare field our first eleven as the inability to sign players has left us with a first eleven numbering about 8 players in actuality after less than a couple of months of the season.

Lack of backup meant we were forced to field reserve and squad players, a pointless and entirely demoralising exercise if they are to be given no reward for playing well as is customary with NW.

Why just for once could he not say "play well and you''re in the team for Saturday"? It''s beyond him, certainly beyond me...........

Worthy Out!

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

So they say but yet again we failed to prove that this week didn''t we?

Perhaps if the Worthless one had stuck with a couple of the players who gained that confidence by beating Rotherham things might have been different but true to form they were dropped (even off the bench) for the Plymouth match?

We had the chance of playing an easier team, putting a few goals past them and re-establishing some confidence in the side. We did not dare field our first eleven as the inability to sign players has left us with a first eleven numbering about 8 players in actuality after less than a couple of months of the season.

Lack of backup meant we were forced to field reserve and squad players, a pointless and entirely demoralising exercise if they are to be given no reward for playing well as is customary with NW.

Why just for once could he not say "play well and you''re in the team for Saturday"? It''s beyond him, certainly beyond me...........

Worthy Out!

[/quote]

I agree with you Marty,

Yes any win is good for confidence but if that win comes in a cup game against lower opposition where there is very little pressure on the players as nobody really cares (we all care about our league position). I think it has little affect on the players in terms of confidence. Look at leeds they beat barnet 3-1 but the next day Kevin Blackwell was sacked,  meaning that the leeds board didn''t see the win over Barnet (a lower league opposition) as much of an achivement. I suppose it depends on where your standards are set for your team.