Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

So close, so very very close

I''m walking around our fine city with an extra spring in my step these days. One of the biggest and most important things in my life (don''t tell me girlfriend!) is going so very very well. 9 years. 9 years in the footballing wilderness. 9 years of no money, no media coverage, getting to watch 30 seconds of Norwich highlights when we play away from bloody Anglia. 9 years of playing the likes of Crewe, Grimsby, Rotherham and Brighton. It''s all coming to an end my friends. Well for one year at least.

I''ve refrained from saying it so far but i''m going to now- We are going up. Definitely. We''re not going to fluff our lines now. Norwich City in the Premiership. It''s got a nice ring to it! I can''t describe how happy I''ve been over Easter. 6 points and Sunderland and West Brom slipping up. 2 great games with some great goals. Probably the best Easter I can remember.

I''m aching for the season to end. I can honestly say I''ve NEVER wished for that in my life! I live for the football season. What''s there to do in the Summer? "Nothing, boring. Just sit around in the park and wait for the fixture list to come out" to quote Colin Firth from Fever Pitch (cityangel, susie b and Kathy sigh and smile at the name! I''m only guessing!) This is what my summer''s are normally like. Not this one though. Oh no. I''m going to be on the internet everyday. Who have we signed, what are the rumours, who are Ipswich selling to Newcastle. Roll on the summer.

This may sound like the stupid ramblings of a happy man but I cannot put into words the joy and happiness Norwich have given me this season. And it''s not over yet. Two more home games, Watford away (I''ve decided to get a ticket in the home end. At least I''ll be there. I''ll just have to sit pretty quietly!)

The sun is shining, my girlfriend''s coming to stay, summer''s coming and Norwich are going up. Happy bloody Easter!

DD

Oh dear DD - i''ve assumed you were female for the last 3months or so!! No offence, was just ''cos of having Delia in your alias!
Anyway, makes no difference, i echo your sentinments entirely!
With City being on the telly for their last two games i''ve dragged my g/f to see them down the pub here in Cambridge and even she has got a little bit taken up by the euphroria! And she''s Malaysian so what with her national car manufacturer on the shirt I''ll maker her a die hard yellow and green yet (even if she does think the cars are rubbish!)

DD your life sounds much the same as mine. Sad isn''t it. And I too thought you were a woman. Mine even drives a Proton- now that is sad!

Us "ex-pat" Canaries are biting our nails, as promotion means live games on FOX Sports World, and not having to wait for the video to come through the post!!!

I think everyone echoes DDIM''s thoughts. To have sat through some of the games this season has been magical and yet many of the more recent ones have been so nervy and full of tension.
But now you can taste the success, feel the grip of the Premiership drawing us in - what a great feeling!
Even there, for however long we stay, games will be exciting not nervous because we will enjoy ourselves. We are not expected to do too well and so every game will be a step into the unknown but yet full of pleasure.
For a long time now, we have dreamt of being there but not just to see City - the likes of Henry, van Nistelroy, Giggs et al at Carrow Road will be hopefully magical to watch (hopefully not too magical).
We are moving into a different stratoshpere - it is down to Worthy, the team and the most fantastic set of directors you could hope for. Not forgetting us, of course, who have shouted, sung and backed the team in almost every game.
I feel the joy too, DDIM..............roll on August!!!

Yeah I meant The Levellers. Quality. OK More songs please for the Norwich promotion album..

#Who''d of thought those country boys, would ever have something to shout about#

don''t worry dumbledelia, we''ve still got euro 2004 coming up, u can see how the corner stand is coming along on 1 of your walks through the city, and see the new faces being brought into the club.
have a relax coz its gonna be even more hectic next year!

I am actually having trouble thinking about anything else at the moment. If I make a conscious effort to think about domestics or concentrate at work it lasts about a minute and I am daydreaming again. The none football days are filled with reading the EDP, looking at websites and taking part in this message board. And when a song comes on the radio I am fitting the words round the football. Apologies to Matthew Southern Comfort but:

By the time I got to Reading
They were half a million strong
Everywhere there was song and celebration

(Ok slight exaggeration). Its a bit like being in love. I think I may be getting on some peoples nerves. Anybody feel the same?

Agree Kathy.

Work really gets in the way doesnt it??

Looking forward to the release of the premier league fixtures too! Man Utd at home on a warm summers afternoon anyone?