Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Delia and Michael demand improvement - statement

I have mixed emotions about this. Worthys position is now untenable, which is a good thing. But this is not the way to do it though. Firstly he should have been released at the end of last season when it was obvious he could no longer take us forward. Secondly, why issue this statement instead of relieving him of his duties. Having Worthy hanging round the place now will not help moral. Thirdly a lot in life is down to timing. With two other big clubs looking for a manager at the moment are we going to be able to get our first choice?

Funny how D-day (Qpr away) co incides with Hucks Return against the worst team in the division doesnt it?

they are taking the Mick!

Worthy out NOW!

jas :)

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]

I have mixed emotions about this. Worthys position is now untenable, which is a good thing. But this is not the way to do it though. Firstly he should have been released at the end of last season when it was obvious he could no longer take us forward. Secondly, why issue this statement instead of relieving him of his duties. Having Worthy hanging round the place now will not help moral. Thirdly a lot in life is down to timing. With two other big clubs looking for a manager at the moment are we going to be able to get our first choice?

[/quote]

Agree with you on this BJK; the timing could have been a lot better, but look on the positive side - at least it shows that they are as angry, annoyed, and disillusioned as the rest of us. I wonder whether will now say that he is no longer under pressure after the next poor showing.

At least its a start and that the ''big two'' have finally spoken.  Never mind analysing to death what they have said.  They recognise there is a problem - and god only knows what else is being said in the boardroom.

At last.... have Delia and Michael seen the light ?

Not wanting to tempt fate or anything  ( and knowing Worthington''s luck ) but the next two games could herald salvation. But I''m not putting my house on a Burnley / QPR win double......

Still, from small acorns do giant oak trees grow. 

yay, best news for a while. They''re all rattled now, they can stand up,

hold their hands up, learn some lessons etc etc, admit for the 50th

time it''s not good enough, blame whatever and whoever but that bugger

is out soon, probabaly after Burnley sp*nk on us.

What must not, must not happen is Hunter given caretaker, do ok and get

it full time as the cheap option. We need a proper manager for once,

one with some actual pedigree, ability to talk to the press, some

genuine intelligence, is that too much to ask .

Two more games, as then we are into mid October, and Curbishley has declared himself available from end October...

Come to the club modelled on Charlton, it will be like home from home for you Alan!

All good stuff as finally it seems we are on the cusp of getting rid of him, first though a couple of points to reflect on.

Things went the ‘the way of the pear’ at Coventry and have got consistently worse since (apart from beating some pub team in south Yorkshire) which links to the departure of Leon, I wonder to what extent his departure might have lost Worthington the changing room? 

If indeed he has lost the changing room the players now have the ability to get Worthington out of the club off the back of Smith & Jones newly adopted hard line

We shall shortly find out but I’m getting my QPR tickets to wave bye bye

[quote user="Woking Canary"]

Two more games, as then we are into mid October, and Curbishley has declared himself available from end October...

Come to the club modelled on Charlton, it will be like home from home for you Alan!

[/quote]

Don''t hold your breath, Martin Jol could be out of a job by then.  

About time, Six months two late but at least they are acknowledging that there is a problem, Eventhough it has been blantenly obvious to us for what seems like years.

You watch us murder burnley now! Mcviegh goal to save worthy head again!

Well Done Delia and Michael, hopefully this will stop the protests on Sunday so we all can just get behind the team and give the lads our support and start moving up the table.

OTBC[:D] 

Nigel Worthington had four years success with us before the last 2 years of failure so i think that the board were right to give him time to try and turn things around.

I also believe he''s had his chance and failed so now is the time for change and i welcome the boards statement.

I hope people will ease their critisism of delia & the board now they''ve made a statement. They saved this club from near extinction without them i hate to think what state ncfc would be in! I think in football fans sometimes have short memories.