Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

If we lose Worthington, could we lose Hunter ?

When a manager moves to a new team, they often bring their own deputies with them.

If we lose Worthington, is there the danger that Martin Hunter would be surplus to requirements ?

Do we want to lose Hunter, or do we believe that he will replace Worthington ?

You can try all you like but just about everybody wants him gone and yes if that means losing Hunter so be it .

I don''t see any reason why Hunter can''t stay on as a coach. It is true that managers often bring coaching staff and assistant manager along with them, he shouldn''t be affected though as you can have more than one first team coach, so I should think he would stay in that capacity.

I don''t think (at least I hope not) that he will become manager. We need to move on from the days of appointing from within and start afresh.

Just as long as bloody Keith Webb isn''t in the frame [:|]

Guess it depends on who the next manager is?  Could it be Hunter?  Sceptical old me wonders if he has been brought in for such purposes?  Maybe the board wondered, what if, what if things go pear shaped again next season?  We need a ready replacement if we have to wield the axe?

If Worthington does go, please whoever decides these things, take Webb and Livermore off the coaching staff at the same time.  Like the first team, the reserves have been punching well below their weight for a good many seasons.  Time for fresh ideas.  Not sentiment.

Good post blah, and a question I''ve been wondering to myself today.  We don''t really know for sure what Hunter is like as a manager, so it is likely that he would be at least caretaker giving us a chance to judge him on results and then, if he''s not up to it yet, get someone else in and keep him as Coach as is.

NotWorthy, I probably shouldn''t react to your post, but I don''t think blah has actually said on this post he wants Worthy to remain (even though we know his previous views on the subject).  It''s a good question to debate, and one well worth starting by anyone.  No need to jump on the insults bandwagon...

Alex, regarding two coaches - many teams do indeed have them, but they''re mainly with larger squads.  But then again, maybe a little more one-on-one coaching will help a few of the current players, and two coaches is one way to get this.

Gazzathegreat - I don''t think it''s cynical or sceptical to suggest the board got Hunter in with the sacking of Worthy in mind, sounds like common sense given last season, and we know how our board don''t like to disrupt things too much.  Not suggesting that this was pre-planned, but more of a fail-safe and a back-up in case things did indeed turn out as they appear.

Phew, that''s me done...

Personally i reckon the board will try hard to keep hunter because he has done a reasonable job in getting us to play decent football occaidonal. I reckon livermore would go becasue he''s part of the worthy era.

But . . . if another Championship club is interested in Worthy, as some posters have suggested, he could take Hunter with him.  A former England U19 coach would not only be an asset to another club, it would have the added bonus of hampering us as their rivals.

Does it matter. Hunter this Hunter that. The truth is we are still failing. He is part of a failing regime. It''s a new broom this club need. Worthington, Hunter and a whole bunch of average player need to be removed from the club. He is not of any great quality. Otherwise he would 1 not be here in the first place and 2 he''d be a manager. We need wholesale change. I for one can''t see any reason to want to keep him.

To be honest would it actually be a great loss? It''s difficult to tell. He''s brought in the zonal marking which has backfired in the last couple of games - it''s hard to tell what else he has done? If Hunter has to go beacuse of Worthy then so be it!

Don''t think we would lose Hunter unless a new manager didn''t want to keep him. Remember that Neil Doncaster said that this would be our biggest signing of the summer, so he is presumably tied into a decent contract and that would cost to escape from.  Livermore will go though, if Worthy does.

If Hunter is deemed surlus to requirements to by a new manager then he will be gone.. simple as.. will it be a loss? on the evidcence of the season so far no! A Worthy yes man!

if he is on a decent wage and it would cost too mnuch at this time to get rid then expect him to be offered a role with less 1st team contact if a new manager doesnt want him. Bib man or something

jas :)

[quote]The truth is we are still failing. He is part of a failing regime. It''s a new broom this club need. Worthington, Hunter and a whole bunch of average player need to be removed from the club[/quote]

...How would you remove a whole bunch of average players from this club before January ?

Blah, obviously I have no idea who you are but I have always found your postings condescending and I really can''t make you out. You seem to pick on a phrase or point from a contributor and twist it in order that you can make some innocuous argument.

No where was it said or implied that the phrase ''remove a hole bunch of average players'' contained  ''before January''

One may agree or disagree with posters but surely points can be put without that air of superiority you have perfected so well. I may do you a disservice and you are blissfully unaware of the irritation caused for which I humbly apologise.

I look forward to further contributions from you when your hero has gone. I also hope Hunter joins him out of the door but I fear our board have not finished with the ''cheap way'' and Hunter could be our next man.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]The truth is we are still failing. He is part of a failing regime. It''s a new broom this club need. Worthington, Hunter and a whole bunch of average player need to be removed from the club[/quote]

...How would you remove a whole bunch of average players from this club before January ?

[/quote]Did I say it would be before January. You need to chill out. Everything is always difficult with you. Perhaps you could go with them all.

At least most posters are debating this instead of blah-bashing!For me, Hunter hasn''t been here long enough to be totally tarred by the failing standards of the club. He may be responsible for the zonal marking (which has been horribly exposed lately, but then players make mistakes bedding-in new systems and we don''t know if his ideas are being enthusiastically endorsed by the other coaches.I could see Worthy wanting to take him, if he had a new club to go to himself, but how likely is that right now? With limited funds for paying up contracts, I''d expect to see Hunter stay, unless he resigned in support of the man who brought him here. I''d like to see him incorporated into any new set-up, at least until he''s had a sensible length of time for his impact - if any - to be properly assessed. Worthy''s time is now up.

From what i have heard Hunter was never bought here by Worthington in the first place.Actually, i would not at all be supprised if he was bought here to take over from Worthington.

Basically, Norwich copy england, and by posting Hunter as manager, they can persuade him to keep the same background staff and therefore save money.

Ignoring your deliberate baiting Bury, and moving to your point...

[quote]No where was it said or implied that the phrase ''remove a hole bunch of average players'' contained  ''before January''[/quote]

True - but that is the reality of the situation, with the transfer window, and only a couple of loan signings left, there is a tiny amount of room for manoeuvre for any new manager.

[quote]One may agree or disagree with posters but surely points can be put without that air of superiority you have perfected so well. I may do you a disservice and you are blissfully unaware of the irritation caused for which I humbly apologise[/quote]

I am unaware of any air of superiority ( maybe you''re the only person who feels inferior ? :) ) and see no harm in challenging peoples'' points in here.  I seek to learn from others'' points of view, as they might from mine.  I''m certainly not looking for the arguments you are spoiling for. 

[quote]I look forward to further contributions from you when your hero has gone. I also hope Hunter joins him out of the door but I fear our board have not finished with the ''cheap way'' and Hunter could be our next man.[/quote]

Worthington is not my hero, he''s just a bloke doing a job in difficult circumstances, but he''s paid very well, and is probably blissfully unaware of most of this negativity.  To judge Hunter after 9 games suggests that you are unwilling to give him a fair chance.

This is your THIRD thread today.

''If we lose Worthington, could we lose Hunter?''

''Manager departures - the facts''

''How many managers would accept our terms''

What on earth are you trying to achieve with these threads, apart from a seemingly one man campaign on Nigel Worthington''s behalf?  I can only think that you are linked to the clubs regime in some way, because you are beginning to sound like a one-man PR machine.  This is an attempt at division, and disinformation at its most blatant, and if you are not in PR, then I suggest a career change could be beneficial for you.

To answer your points, if we lose Hunter, who cares, there are dozens of him out there.  No manager can last forever, so by default, for whatever reason, must eventually go, and if the board managed to lure a ''name'' manager to the club, they would give him any terms he damn well wanted, within reason.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

When a manager moves to a new team, they often bring their own deputies with them.

If we lose Worthington, is there the danger that Martin Hunter would be surplus to requirements ?

Do we want to lose Hunter, or do we believe that he will replace Worthington ?

[/quote]

does it matter.

there''s no logic in suggesting all the good performances are the work of Hunter and all the bad ones the work of Worthy.

They are a team.

Replacing Worthy with Hunter is the cheap option for the board so i''ll guess they''ll probably take it. Mind you they''d probably appoint a turnstile operative if our finances are to be believed.  

[quote]This is your THIRD thread today[/quote]

Nope.

If we lose Worthington, could we lose Hunter ? - Yesterday, 5:05 PM
Manage Departures - The Facts - Yesterday, 5:18 PM
How many managers would accept our terms ? - Today, 11:23 AM

[quote]What on earth are you trying to achieve with these threads[/quote]

It''s called encouraging debate, and I thought it was the purpose of this board.  Does it bother you that I hold a differing opinion to yours ?

[quote]This is an attempt at division, and disinformation at its most blatant, and if you are not in PR, then I suggest a career change could be beneficial for you[/quote]

Was I meant to be offended by this ? :)  I am available for weddings, divorces,  bar mistvahs, and childrens parties.  I also do a reasonable line in balloon puppetry.

[quote]To answer your points, if we lose Hunter, who cares, there are dozens of him out there.  No manager can last forever, so by default, for whatever reason, must eventually go, and if the board managed to lure a ''name'' manager to the club, they would give him any terms he damn well wanted, within reason.[/quote]

To answer your answers, there are dozens of coaches who have moulded the careers of the likes of Dean Ashton, Theo Walcott, and Joe Cole out there ?  Really ?  I guess there must be, but I''m also guessing that they already have jobs with Premiership teams.

Agreed, managers have shelf lives. Leaves fall off trees, it gets cold and the sun goes down.

The "name" manager would have to be capable of operating on a small budget.  Add the fact that negotiation on transfers is controlled by the non-playing side of the club, and you have a manager who is effectively neutered in the transfer market.  What "name" manager would agree to that ?

Blah, you make some good points try not to let some users rile you, if you try and stimulate debate on here with a less popular point of view you get abuse.Giving Hunter 9 games to show any improvement is insane, but there have been signs that we have improved (the five games we have done well) but theres still work to be done (the four games we didnt), which is exactly what i thought would happen.  There isnt a magic button that suddenly turns a team from under performing to excelling, you get the impression from some people on here that they would only be happy if we went unbeaten for the rest of the season.

blahx3, say what you like, we are all entitled to an opinion, I disagree with you, thats fine, its called debate. We don''t have to throw insults but some will. You need not answer them all, it gets a little boring.The sooner Nige leaves the better, will he take Hunter? I would be happy for him to stay, he has the c.v. Hunter as manager? Might be an improvement but I hope we aim higher and at least try to attract Curbs. Whatever it must happen sooner rather than later for the sake of the Club.

[quote user="KidCanary"]Blah, you make some good points try not to let some users rile you, if you try and stimulate debate on here with a less popular point of view you get abuse.

Giving Hunter 9 games to show any improvement is insane, but there have been signs that we have improved (the five games we have done well) but theres still work to be done (the four games we didnt), which is exactly what i thought would happen.  There isnt a magic button that suddenly turns a team from under performing to excelling, you get the impression from some people on here that they would only be happy if we went unbeaten for the rest of the season.
[/quote]

The biggest worry Kid is that the no-show style thrashings of last season have reappeared, 2 already in only 5 away games - all against average or poor opposition.  We have an appalling home performance against Palace. and have lost 4 of 9 games overall conceding 14 goals.  This sort of form is not going to get you promoted by any stretch.

In fact is is almost exactly the same form as last season!  As for how long to give the caretaker, who knows?  I would like to see us bring in a manager from outside to shake up the setup totally.

[quote]Whatever it must happen sooner rather than later for the sake of the Club.[/quote]

Agreed - as megson said on another thread it should be back him or sack him.  This smacks of a "third way", cheap option to me, hanging the bloke out to dry instead of paying him off.

[quote]Hunter as manager?  Might be an improvement but I hope we aim higher and at least try to attract Curbs.[/quote]

I think our buying policy would be too restrictive for Curbishley, and a lot of other managers besides.