Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

4-3-2-1 or whatever it is

it has to go, i think we have established now that it does not work and therefore needs to be changed in time for the burnley game!

inm my opinion:

1. the midfield three are not half as effective as what they were at the start of the season

2. teams have worked out how to play against it

3. earnshaw is too small to play as a lone striker

4. we  need a change

team for burnley

4-4-2: camp, colin, shackell, doherty, boyle, croft, safri, etuhu, new signing, earnshaw, new signing

subs: gallagher, fleming, robinson, dublin, jarvis

well there is nothing wrong with him but when we are playing as bad as we are lately we might aswell give camp a game and see how he gets on, plkus gallagher has conceded 3 at plymouth and confidence wil be low

Having conceeded 12 goals in 5 games, with a significant number coming from catchable crosses/corners I can see where josh is coming from.

Its not that we have any more defensive changes we can try is it?

it wasnt just gallacher who conceded three at plymouth so does that mean change the whole defence or indeed team? gallacher has been superb this season and should be in v burnley

I doubt Gallachers confidence is low, more likely that he''s terrified of his own defenders, mind you keeps him busy. 

I didn''t think he was at fault for any of the goals on Sunday as it goes.

1st of all if gallachers confidence is low dropping him will not help, 2nd of all its easy to say new singing new singing to walk straight into the first team, any actual players on your mind? and 3rd of all the fact earnshaw is short does not mean he cant play upfront alone, it just means we have to play to his strength by keeping the ball on the ground and putting more through balls for him and when we do cross make sure its onto dicksons head

apart from that yea maybe it maybe time for a change of formation. jarvo upfront?

Gallagher has done very well... ok so he let 3 goals in at plymouth, btu theres a saying if the defence did their job then the goalkeper would let any in would he?

jas :)

i agree but we might aswell give camp a chance seeing as he has been here a month already.... anyway what do you think the whgole formation will be. I for one think worthy will ring the changes as his job depends on the next two games and he has to be seen to being trying to change things

I can''t believe he hasn''t already abandoned it - I mean it''s purely based around giving Huckerby the chance to attack without any defensive repsonsibilities now that he''s injured I see a reason why he has persisted with it. 4-4-2 all the mean give Earnshaw some support having only two bodies in central midfield will also allow Mcveigh more space to weave his magic in the middle

I think the problem is that the 4-5-1 only works with Huckerby and with this formation we are a one man team. I say this because Croft is a good player but beats people on the outside to put crosses into the box. However Earnie is too small to win headers so they sail over his head. Earnie can''t hold the ball up so what do the midfielders do - they pass the ball to Hucks, who has dropped deep, to see if he can make something happen. Hucks cuts inside and passes the ball across the box or into it to feet - hence the system works as Earnie can win balls to feet.

However without Hucks there is no outlet for the midfield. They can''t pass it forward to Earnie beacuse it bounces straight back. They can pass it out to Croft but the cross sails over Earnie''s head and they can''t pass it to Hucks so he can run at the defence because he isn''t playing. In a nut shell without Hucks the midfield don''t know what to do with the ball so it is either lost or the midfielders pass it around amongst themselves until the move finally breaks down. The midfielders have got so used to having Hucks there to give the ball too they have becaome lazy and lost for inspiration because someone else can provide it! Put simply, Huckerby makes the 4-5-1 and the formation is made for Hucks!