Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

NORWICH FANS GETTING EXACTLY WHAT THEY DESERVE!

So, a large travelling support have a long journey home after a disappointing display.

With an away record like ours what did they expect. I don''t feel sorry for them, the players obviously don''t and the Club couldn''t really care less. So why bother?

20,000 plus season ticket holders £25,000 home capacity crowds, money banked, why should the Club worry.

Now Leeds (and others) just don''t turn up, nothing sings a loudly as an empty seat and the Club has to take notice.

I don''t want to tell anyone to do anything, it is a personal decision but it seems to me the mind-numbingly stoical supporters of Norwich are just getting what they deserve from a complacent, sound bite, media savvy Club and acting like a bunch of revolting peasants being told to stay in their place by the ruling classes, tugging their forelocks and shuffling back for more of the same.

or unlike leeds, we understand what the term ''supporter'' means not ''fine-weather supporter'' Yes i am not a fan of Worthless, but my love for the club is stronger than my hatred of him  

[quote user="Ramrod"]So, a large travelling support have a long journey home after a disappointing display. With an away record like ours what did they expect. I don''t feel sorry for them, the players obviously don''t and the Club couldn''t really care less. So why bother? 20,000 plus season ticket holders £25,000 home capacity crowds, money banked, why should the Club worry. Now Leeds (and others) just don''t turn up, nothing sings a loudly as an empty seat and the Club has to take notice. I don''t want to tell anyone to do anything, it is a personal decision but it seems to me the mind-numbingly stoical supporters of Norwich are just getting what they deserve from a complacent, sound bite, media savvy Club and acting like a bunch of revolting peasants being told to stay in their place by the ruling classes, tugging their forelocks and shuffling back for more of the same.[/quote]

Yeah! Go Rammers!

I like your writin'' style - just as much as your visually aesthetic avatars!

"My kind of rantin'' and your avatars have me pantin''!"[:P]

''rearguards'' Mello, self appointed punk poet, forum alpha eedjut - and voice of the can''t be ar$ed![:|]

Ramblin'' on home........

I understand your point Ramrod but think some of what you say is very harsh. NO fan who has travelled that far to support his team deserves a performance like that. It''s a sad day when supporters have to miss football and take such drastic action to get noticed. I don''t think you can blame fans for wanting to see their team play football. If anyone should take blame it is the board for not acting in the transfer market and for not having the guts to make a change in the management. The board don''t have ambition - it''s not the fans fault. Why should the fans who want to watch football have to suffer because of the ineptitude of the club''s hierarchy??

Nice avatar by the way!! ;-)

[quote user="Daveinnorfolk"]or unlike leeds, we understand what the term ''supporter'' means not ''fine-weather supporter'' Yes i am not a fan of Worthless, but my love for the club is stronger than my hatred of him  

[/quote] Well said - I don''t think fans should be criticised for supporting their club and players. To me that is the core aspect of being a football fan! It doesn''t mean you support the manager!

Ramrod, if the situation is like is in February when the renewals are up, then the board are gonna get a shock.  I think people (like myself) renewed last time in the hope that things would improve and that we would have, to quote Delia, "a big push".  It clearly isn''t happening now and if its not happening in Feb then many will walk away.

I think away numbers will start to dwindle soon.  There''s a difference travelling hundreds of miles every other week to see a gutsy team lose than to see a gutless team lose without a fight.

Ramrod - I renewed my season ticket because I knew that Worthington would mess things up - and he hasn''t disappointed -  and, hopefully, be replaced by someone who knows what they''re doing. I don''t want to be wishing for a season ticket when the new regime uses the talent in the squad to push us back up to the top of the table.

Some of these replies just reinforce for me the doormat mentality of Norwich supporters.

Can you not see how the Club''s season ticket policy manipulates supporters and takes away their right to choose ''I renewed because I might not get a ticket again!''

If Norwich had 15,000 season ticket holders then it would really find out fans views, and quick. Instead, holders go out of obligation and create a long running sore of dire atmospheres, arguments amongst themselves and peaks and troughs sensibilities.

Get off the merry go round everyone, can''t you see you are the real problem?

ramrod, will you therefore not be asking for tickets upon this club going through better times? if theres one thing i can''t stick, it''s fine weather supporters like yourself.  

This Club has had unequivocal support for long enough. Am I a fair-weather supporter?

Well, I don''t like being ripped off, paying through the nose and subjecting myself to things i don''t enjoy generally so if this is fair-weather then that must be my mantra.

On the other hand being a supporter isn''t about being a masochistic eunuch and putting yourself through unbending and unquestioning pain. That is a form of oppression. Norwich City are seriously under-performing, they have more money than most and better players. Trouble is: not enough players, not a balance of players and a Costa Del Holiday Camp attitude fed by supporters who let them get away with it.

for a start how about cutting out  ''Delias green and yellow army'' every bloody match. Sycophantic beyond beleif, and makes me sick. I take children to the game with me and there is no way im demonstrating or letting off steam in front of my kids, or subjecting them to the nutty ktf loonies and their warped sensibilities. although, that said i came close to rearranging the nose of one tw*t last season against QPR, fortunately he withdrew quickly when I looked at him. The point is, conflict and football dont mix, it doesnt make people ''hand-wringing bed wetters''  

This Club has had unequivocal support for long enough. Am I a fair-weather supporter

Well, lets look at the facts. If you are implying that the best course of action is to lend your support to the club during the good times and then withdraw it when things go wrong, then it appears you''ve answered your own question.

On the other hand being a supporter isn''t about being a masochistic eunuch and putting yourself through unbending and unquestioning pain.

And its certainly not about just jumping on the band wagon when things are joyfull. Football is now and has always been about the ups and downs, if that fact escapes you run along with the other lemmings with no sense of truely belonging to their local club, and buy yourself a Chelsea shirt to wear down the pub on a Saturday lunchtime.

Who exactly are these unbending and unquestioning supporters? The vast majority of people who sit around me have more than a few questions for the board. The way to change the situation is not to withdraw your support from the club, its to ensure that the board are aware of the disquiet.

It''s easy to stand outside the tent and pi$$ in.

It''s a lasr resort, but if nothing else will get rid of Worthy then we should do it.

I was part of the protests to get Chase out all those years ago, and I boycotted home matches and went to away ones. Therefore I still supported my team without giving the club any money. I was hoping that we weren''t going to have to resort to such drastic measures again, but see no other way to make the board act.

The replies do nothing for me....I am not talking about jumping ship at the first sign of trouble I am talking about tolerance up to a point and then drawing a line...this takes a certain amount of courage and conviction, something lacking in too many Norwich supporters and reflected in the character of our team. I will not lower myself to booing my own side or demonstrating in the street nor shouting or refusing to shout inanae chants. I just won''t go until the Club learns a lesson about respect and application.

The replies do nothing for me....I am not talking about jumping ship at the first sign of trouble I am talking about tolerance up to a point and then drawing a line...this takes a certain amount of courage and conviction, something lacking in too many Norwich supporters and reflected in the character of our team. I will not lower myself to booing my own side or demonstrating in the street nor shouting or refusing to shout inanae chants. I just won''t go until the Club learns a lesson about respect and application.

Get off your high horse, and listen to yourself. "First sign of trouble", "tolerance up to a point" these mean nothing, how do you quantify any of this. What you are saying is that it you will support a team up until the point and then withdraw if you''re not happy.  Fine, I''m sure everybody feels the same (If we ended up in an ''MK Dons'' sort of position I''d stop supporting) But, to imply that people who have a higher level of tolerance or who''s support runs deeper than your own, lack courage and conviction is wrong, if not a little disrespectful.

You may choose not to protest in any way other than stop attending, that''s your choice. But, don''t forget that if and when change does take place (and you grace the club with your return) it will be more as a consequence of the actions of these who choose to stay and try to implement change than the likes of yourselves who basically do nothing.

Please let us know what you propose to do, because none of us wants to boycott if we think there''s any alternative.

You know as well as I do that  a boycott will get nowhere. We have far to many season ticket holders to do that. The moneys already in. If a casual supporter wants to stay away theres another who''ll jump into his place.

At the end of the day we need a consistent and vocal series of protests, before and after the game (win or lose) Instead of a boycott, why not a sit-in at the end of the Burnley game. Stay where we are until the board come out and answer our questions?

I have never and will never boo a player in our colours, but am happy to voice my disapproval at the management team during the game.

If you''re going to boycott anything try the club shop, programs, canary travel, the bars in the stands, delias restaurant, fly-bes products. Hit the club and its sponsors in the pocket without leaving empty stands.

I don''t pretend to know the answers, but, as a ordinary supporter, who’s been going to Carrow Rd since I started standing in the South Stand with my father, I''m damned if NW or the board or any "supporter" who regards me as a weak minded peasant is going to stop me continuing to support MY club on the field.

Norwich City FC will be there a long while after Nigel Worthington, Delia or any of them.

As the title of this thread states Van, if people aren''t prepared to boycott en masse then nothing is going to change.

I didn''t renew last season but I gave the money to the Academy instead.  Don''t assume that people who choose to stay away aren''t true supporters.

[quote user="Ramrod"]So, a large travelling support have a long journey home after a disappointing display. With an away record like ours what did they expect. I don''t feel sorry for them, the players obviously don''t and the Club couldn''t really care less. So why bother? 20,000 plus season ticket holders £25,000 home capacity crowds, money banked, why should the Club worry. Now Leeds (and others) just don''t turn up, nothing sings a loudly as an empty seat and the Club has to take notice. I don''t want to tell anyone to do anything, it is a personal decision but it seems to me the mind-numbingly stoical supporters of Norwich are just getting what they deserve from a complacent, sound bite, media savvy Club and acting like a bunch of revolting peasants being told to stay in their place by the ruling classes, tugging their forelocks and shuffling back for more of the same.[/quote]

I''m glad you don''t feel sorry for us Ramrod, and you are right, the players obviously don''t either!

I don''t wanna tell anyone what to do either, but it seems to me crazy that you bother with this forum having decided to leave you''re seat empty at Carrow Road.

Would miss your avatar though! [;)]

I didn''t renew last season but I gave the money to the Academy instead.  Don''t assume that people who choose to stay away aren''t true supporters.

As I have said, I don''t assume any such thing, and, would appologise if you believe I have implied it. Everybody has a right to show their disapproval in whatever way they so wish. My objection is to the many insults that seem to pepper this post against people (like myself) who do believe that calling for a boycott en-masse is not the answer. Don''t get me wrong, I fully understand that if the team ran out to an empty stadium next week, Worthy would be gone by half time, but, the fact is it isn''t going to happen. Better to expend energy on protests etc. they hopefully would be better attended this time (surely there is nobody left who would still actively support the present management) and, a sit in would be a good idea???????

As for us getting exactly what we deserve????

It appears we want the same thing, only our methods differ.

You seem personally quite stung by my comments WVM: struck a nerve?

I do feel sorry for people of conviction like myself who are not getting what they deserve due to the so called ''real supporters'' continuing to nourish the Board (not the Club) with slavish loyalty.

So, you''re a better Norwich fan than me, fine, I can live with that, give yourself a pat on the back.

And you,ve got about as much chance of organising a credible and effective protest at a match as you have of organising courteous and sensible driving by the drivers of white vans.

Football Clubs take on the character of their supporters who end up getting what they deserve. Just see how tolerant successful Clubs are of mediocrity and remember to this is your Club, mine and all the other supporters. As an entity it belongs to no one else and this has been forgotten by those currently entrusted to it''s management.

I''m surprised at the lack of response by many contributors....perhaps the truth hurts...you believe the Club belongs to the fans but are not really prepared to do anything to endorse it.

Norwich supporters are very tolerant and they tolerate mediocrity. The current situation is the supporters fault for allowing it to develop. You don''t have to chant and you don''t have to turn nasty or argue with one another you just let your empty seat do the talking and if you care that much for the Club go in for half time 10 minutes early and have an extra pie while the Sky cameras pan around the departing stands.

Alternatively, go along, unhappy, be involved in a small protest which will look silly on TV, create a tense or muted atmosphere in a mass sulk and chant a bit and supporters everywhere else will think you are muppets.

Thanks for your support Mystic. I am afraid people like ''Trannie Man'' can''t stop being grateful. It''s the little Norwich mentality again.

[quote user="Ramrod"]Thanks for your support Mystic. I am afraid people like ''Trannie Man'' can''t stop being grateful. It''s the little Norwich mentality again.[/quote]

Did you both write to the club explaining why you were not renewing this season?

White Van Man,

I think I let my dislike of White Van Drivers run away with me a bit and have been rather more insulting to you than I intended.

Forget the personal remarks, this is no time for in-fighting. I have my view and you have yours.

Just check your wing mirrors when you overtake and give other road users plenty of room, thanks.

As they say there are many ways to skin a cat, this is one of them, and several others are taking a different approach - also being the one that suits them best.  You like this one, others prefer other methods - who can really judge which is the best - its only one opinion after all;; one mans pi55ing in the wind is anothers golden shower.

Which one will work best only time may tell - but by taking a multi-fronted stance means a better chance of success.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="Ramrod"]Thanks for your support Mystic. I am afraid people like ''Trannie Man'' can''t stop being grateful. It''s the little Norwich mentality again.[/quote]

Did you both write to the club explaining why you were not renewing this season?

[/quote]

I also did not re-new my season tickets for this season ,I also took the trouble to write to the club explaining why and how to rectify it,needless to say no reply was ever forthcoming.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

Yes.