Sign in to follow this  
Del-Boy

Ian Crook

Just wanted to know what other people thought of Crook returning to Norwich to manage the youth team.Don''t think City have replaced Boothryod yet and a partnership of crook and Iwan Roberts be worth something to look at.

On the ball city

I just heard that he has been sacked from his job at Newcastle United in Australia though. He may be English but from what I''ve heard he''s enjoying it out there and would he want to come home. My big sis is out there at the moment and is really enjoying it. Landed in Sydney Saturday Night our time and has been to Bondoi beach and seen Sydney Harbour bridge and opera house. Now in Adelaide and the other night there time fed Crocodiles, cuddled a kangaroo and saw koalas. Lucky for some in it.

I think Chippy would love to return to Norfolk but the rest of the family are a different matter. His two boys went to Australia at an early age and have been brought up as Ozzies - beach, climate etc so I''m not sure it would be a straightforward decision for him. He certainly brought success to Northern Spirit though and has the credentials to make an impact over here. If he did come back I feel sure it would be to East Anglia and he wouldnt make the same mistake twice and join the binners.

There have been several mentions of Crook returning but I should imagine he will get other offers where he is at present. Both these players wouldn''t be out of place on the Norwich coaching staff and would do wonders for the strikers and midfielders, how about an ex defender.

Oh the picture of him signing for Ipswich then changing his mind!! Priceless archive comedy!!

Ex defender, poach Taffy Bowen when Brucy goes to Newcastle. Is Tony Spearing still at Kings Lynn or another local side?

isn''t tony spearing playing for some team in Diss towns league?

I thought i saw he was on the bench for someone can''t remember who it was?

not sure he done too good a job at kings lynn

How about robert fleck ? doing a good job at diss town or even giving him and rob newman the joint job

I am sure Rob newman would rather be a coach than scouting for west ham

and thats where Newman should stay, selling clothes. We need somebody who can really add to the set up at Carrow Road and the youth team is vitally important to out future. Now Crooky was a great player and he has experience and could do a job, but I am bored of sentimental signings and ex players scurrying back to the club that "will always have a special place in my heart" People at the club should be there on merit and what they have to offer, not necessarily just because they used to play for us. If they can do a job however, then fine. But don''t just take it as read. Gunn is a legend and is doing well at the club, as is Goss who works for the academy, but what next....10 years down the line Kenton ''comes home'' to run the ticket office? DeWaard employed as head steward. Do me a favour.

rant over

OTBC

Saw Flecky on Sunday at Charity Match at Gorleston i.e. City all Stars.

Tony Spearing played as well don''t suppose he is attached to a club if playing for NCFC AS.

Rob Newman also played, and Gunn and Goss and Disco Dale and Foxy perhaps either of them could return and teach Rivers how a real winger plays.