Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Traffic!!!

What a bloody nightmare today was.  The A14 was shut half of the way there AND back, then various tailbacks on the diversion. I only had to get to Cambridge so I feel sorry for the poor sods in the coaches on the way back.Crap day all round

I got to the ground at 15.15 after nearly 5 hours without a stop.  Partly down to roadworks, accidents and some not very forward thinking by Club Canary/Sanders Coaches.  It was only 3 hours coming back though although there was another accident and more roadworks.

Why though when the A14 roadworks were announced a couple of weeks ago did the club or the coach company not have the foresight to amend the leaving time (we left at 10.30 which I knew was way too late) or go a totally different route (A47) rather than plough through the mire.  Not good but these things happen.

And the game was crap!

i left at the same time as the coaches at 10:30, i came from Stowmarket which is about 20mins from Bury St Edmunds for those that don''t know,  so im not suprised your late. luckily i knew of the road problems and took different exits for Cambs and i still only got to my seat for 14:30. thank god ive got tues off and have decided to make an afternoon of it in Southend.

[quote user="JayM"]

I got to the ground at 15.15 after nearly 5 hours without a stop.  Partly down to roadworks, accidents and some not very forward thinking by Club Canary/Sanders Coaches.  It was only 3 hours coming back though although there was another accident and more roadworks.

Why though when the A14 roadworks were announced a couple of weeks ago did the club or the coach company not have the foresight to amend the leaving time (we left at 10.30 which I knew was way too late) or go a totally different route (A47) rather than plough through the mire.  Not good but these things happen.

And the game was crap!

[/quote]

JayM, I can let you into a secret, Nigel Worthington chose the start time and route, if only we''d let Martin Hunter do it I''m certain he''d of gone for the A47 route.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

JayM, I can let you into a secret, Nigel Worthington chose the start time and route, if only we''d let Martin Hunter do it I''m certain he''d of gone for the A47 route.

[/quote]

Agreed, Hunter''s traffic directions would have been more slick and cohesive.  Worthy just decided to hoof it straight through the A14.  Worthington Out!

[quote user="JayM"]

Agreed, Hunter''s traffic directions would have been more slick and cohesive.  Worthy just decided to hoof it straight through the A14.  Worthington Out!

[/quote]The driver was clearly lacking in pace too.