Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Same old Norwich - Embarrassing

Look, do you know how pathetic it is to be calling for the managers head after one poor performance in 6? Fair enough if we continue to play poorly over the next few games then questions can be asked, but not after one game. We''re still 3rd and every team have off days. If you''re serious about getting him out after one bad game I expect to see you and all of those who want him out stood making that fact known on Carrow Road next Saturday. I expect there will be none!

Too right. It''s all very well the "Worthy lovers" saying how much we''ve turned the corner. I''d like to us score at an away match, let alone WIN one before we start talking about turning corners. Face it, we are toothless away from home. Even Ipswich can win away.

Worthy out

As i''ve stated before. we will not score any goals away from home with this delusionary system we continue to play.

We''ve signed nobody, so we deserve nothing. Thanks Delia, thanks a lot.

Same old moaners - Embarrassing.Why shouldn''t the system work away from home? If anything the onus is more on the home team to attack, leaving themselves more vulnerable to a lone frontman.For whatever reason, it didn''t work today, but you can''t blame it on the system - we were a shower out there today, no system could have changed that.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Too right. It''s all very well the "Worthy lovers" saying how much we''ve turned the corner.

[/quote]

Can''t say I''m a Worthy lover, just have a grasp of reality = )
[/quote]

I think you''ll find the reality is that the manager is not upto the job. Our away record under him during his tenure is nothing short of pathetic. Not to mention his transfer record. Or worse still, going by this summer, what transfer record?

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Look, do you know how pathetic it is to be calling for the managers head after one poor performance in 6? Fair enough if we continue to play poorly over the next few games then questions can be asked, but not after one game. We''re still 3rd and every team have off days. If you''re serious about getting him out after one bad game I expect to see you and all of those who want him out stood making that fact known on Carrow Road next Saturday. I expect there will be none![/quote]

I am not calling for the managers head after 1 bad result in 6. I have never stopped wanting him out. Unlike may I personally have never said I back the manager or that I am overly impressed with our start to the season. We are a one dimensional side with a wafer thin squad and 1 striker. I do not protest outside the ground because I don’t see that it will make much difference or help the club. I do however reserve my right to voice my opinion and don’t need you or anybody else to tell when and if I can do it. Worthingtons away record is as bad as it gets and there is no sign of improvement your one bad result doesn’t stack up in the games to points stakes. 3 away games 1 away point. Rubbish return end of. Just like last year the year before that. You said in an earlier post that you had only been going to CR since the mid 90’s well then maybe your used to this crap but I have seen more and want more and Worthington is not the man to do it. He’s had his chance time for change

Oh here we go again, boring!

go and eat your bloody prawn sandwiches elsewhere then. This is so predictable and makes many Norwich fans look like spoilt children, 1 bad defeat and the dummy''s are out of the pram - grow up you fickle so and so''s.

It didnt work today ? when has it worked then Herb ? 3 games 1 point from 9 and 0 goals scored , even Colchester and Ipswich  have away wins already . Corners turned ?  no the ball may be getting played on the floor but the results are no better than last season , and we have not played any of the better sides yet .

[quote user="king of latvia"]

one bad performance and we are calling for worthys head get real please.

[/quote]

So there were no bad performances last year?

hearing Worthys post match "excuse fest" further convinced me that he is totally lost and out of his depth.

Getting real is the fact that out of 3 away games this season we have scored none conceded 4 and have gained just1 point. Echoes of last season. Just how can any any one defend this poor excuse for a manager beats me but I''ll bet that Dicky, bla bla, ect al will.  Poor deluded fools. 

[quote user="Marty"]

Oh here we go again, boring!

go and eat your bloody prawn sandwiches elsewhere then. This is so predictable and makes many Norwich fans look like spoilt children, 1 bad defeat and the dummy''s are out of the pram - grow up you fickle so and so''s.

[/quote]

If its so boring then why are you contributing to the debate, just ignore it !!!!!!

We were unlucky at Derby, played well at Leeds and were not as bad as 3-0 suggests today, so just get things into pespective.

i think this game was a reality check, afterall i think we all got ahead of ourselves, players and fans.

I think Marty that maybe you should remove those rose tinted spectacles , Leeds have been no more than average this season , Derby are below average and could just as easily have beaten us as us them , and Coventry another very average team have absolutely thrashed us . Anybody thinking this squad will get promotion is living in cloud cuckoo land .As for Worthington blaming bugs and little niggles tough he had all summer to strengthen and chose not to , the excuses just sound pathetic .

[/quote] Not quite true that though is it! We''ve had to put up with abject away performances for the past two seasons and nothing has changed this season so far! If we don''t learn to play away from home we can kiss goodbye to promotion.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]I think Marty that maybe you should remove those rose tinted spectacles , Leeds have been no more than average this season , Derby are below average and could just as easily have beaten us as us them , and Coventry another very average team have absolutely thrashed us . Anybody thinking this squad will get promotion is living in cloud cuckoo land .As for Worthington blaming bugs and little niggles tough he had all summer to strengthen and chose not to , the excuses just sound pathetic .[/quote]

hear hear!

Nigel Worthington cannot blame Illness, injury or squad size this season! he knew full well how many players he had at the end of last season and yet decided to get rid of a few more,

Ward, Brennan, Charly, Jarrett, Greeno and now McKenzie thats 6 players out. and Croft is the only one bought in. so we are 5 players down still!

It became apparent last season that an injury crisis would kill us, and yet i dont see us holding onto players just to make up the numbers when needs be.  Someone on here posted a thread up- about the players available for free recently, people like Kalilou Fadiga. Just because they havent been snapped up doesnt mean they are bad players, Goran Bunjevcevic was on that list too I remember. When was the last time Worthington signed a player on a free transfer for this football club? i dont think he ever has has he?

surely we should of got one or 2 in, even if they werent that good, they make up the numbers and then injuries etc dont become an issue!

This behaviour from the club is utter Tosh! i dont believe Neil "Fib" doomcaster anymore, almost everything the man comes out with is "what fans want to hear" and not the truth..

And worthington is a joke too! the problem doesnt go away unless u make it Nigel, Players dont grow on trees!

jas :)

So those who claim Hunter is the basis for our recent success, blame Worthy for the defeats?

1 bad result  and performance in 6, and all of a sudden it''s doom and gloom. GET OVER IT!

Must agree though, if we are to make anything out of this season, we have to bolster the side with loans, then splash some serious  cash in January, or we really will be dooomed!

No point even trying to defend what happened today we were poor.  However, we do have the benefit of the away game at Southend on Tuesday, a chance for the players to prove that they can do this away from home without having to stew on it for a week or two.  If we don''t start to get performances soon then people will be understandably upset.  Calling for the managers'' head after a dodgy performance will only strengthen the resolve of the people who employed him to keep him there, i would imagine.

Hardhouse - in your first post, you finished with Worthy Out, later in the thread you said you weren''t calling for the managers'' head.

What exactly does Worthy Out mean these days if not "I want Worthington to be removed from his job" ? 

Just a knee-jerk soundbite to express your dissatisfaction, I''d guess.

Is not Hunter 1st team coach?, why is no one blaming him, why is Worthy always to blame?.

I''ll tell you why?, its personal with some posters on here, we all know who they are, and they''ve been dying for this to happen for weeks now!.

After just one, yes one, defeat, and in 4th place in the Championship, of course I''m still backing Worthy, why the hell not?.

I was not at the game today so I cannot really comment on whether 3-0 was a fair result or not, I listened to the commentary on Radio Norfolk and it sounded to me that we were poor, particularly in the first half. In terms of this season I think it is fair enough to say that it is only one poor showing in six, but looking at the bigger picture our "away day malaise" of the last two seasons appears to be continuing this season. My feeling is that we are too negative awy from home, as someone said in an earlier post the onus is on the home team to attack but for some reason the 4-3-3 formation that performs so well at home just does not transfer to the away matches, is it because we play a more negative 4-5-1 away from home?, I would be interested in the viewsof those that do travel to way games. OK we may have been unlucky at Derby and Leeds but the cold hard facts in the record books will show that we failed to score in both these games (and we failed to score again today). As for "niggles" and "bugs" comment from Nigel Worthington in his post match interview, these have been part of football as long as I can remember, and for me highlight the reason why you need strength in depth for a 48+ game season.

Look it is one game but we still sit 4th in the table, the syle of football is far far superior to last years efforts.  

However a review of the six games so far this season shows how much a chimera our second place was.  At home we played well against a poor and dismantled preston side,  were outplayed for too long against Luton before an inspiring comeback care of the luton centre backs and comfortable disposed of a 80 min 10 man Barnsley team who must suffer from changing their manager every 12 months (see another post). 

Away from home we have lost to a poor leeds side who we outplayed,  got a deserved draw in a game of two halfs against another poor side in Derby and been spanked by a side rebuilding having just lost its best player.    No goals and 1 point away from home is not going to get us success.

Looking at that there is not much difference to last season,  picking up points at home, and very poor away;  and dropping too many points to our promotion rivals - two of my outstanding acid tests. 

To those already complaining its only 1  poor away game; its not;  its yet another poor away performance on the back of 40+ of them - and all too reminiscent of last years darkest performances.  3 good home wins cannot wipe out 2 seasons disappointments, even more than 1 away defeat cant wipe out 4 good performances in 5 league games so far this season.

What today showed is that the fears of many were reasonably stated;  the second in the table was too soon to assess whether a corner had been turned, that while the first 11 looks top notch, they will not be consistent enough to play all 46 games, that the squad remains woefully threadbare and is even smaller than last years, with no options to adopt an alternative style from the bench.

We have made progress so far this season,  but that progress comes from a very low baseline; the hard work to continue that progress starts tomorrow; everyone at the club owes everyone at the club that after todays efforts. 

We have to be better away, starting at roots hall, and cannot afford to lose to palace next weekend  - its just become a very big week for the club.[:S][^o)]

This is not about jumping upon bandwagons its about reality check. The cquestion that has has to be aked and rightly has been asked has anything really changed? From the evidence of today, no it has not. Of the teams that we have so far played away what are thet collectivelly achieving. Nothing! Coventry before todat were stuggeling for goals and for form.

Worthingtons excuses today were as useual pathetic. So the break affected us. Coventry had a break as well! We have bugs and little niggles. How long has he had to put a squad together? Getting players in is hard work. Well all other clubs in the division manage it! What are you playing at worthy? Sunderland got 6 players on deadline day while we faffed about and got no one, but there was so much paper work involved wasn''t there? Come on they knew McKenzie wanted out, and before then worthy wanted a striker supposedly, so why leave it to deadline day to sort it out. What I cant work out is that before Leon wanted out worthy still wanted a striker but dealine day he was only going to sign Cotterill if McKenzie left! So much do not weigh up at the moment if you only take the time be objective and have a look.

Biggest concern was that Coventry sussed us out. Worked out how to stop us and we had no plan B. No imgagination. And no players to actually facilitate an effective plan B. Earnie was far to isolated today. today cried out for the second striker.

Also Drury as captain, I also have my doubts. As heads fell, and disarray set in the first half there was no motivation on the pitch. No leadership on the pitch.  Nobody out there to pull things together.

As for worthy out I still do not think that that he is the best man for the job. I would not want his away record on my C.V.!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Is not Hunter 1st team coach?, why is no one blaming him, why is Worthy always to blame?.

I''ll tell you why?, its personal with some posters on here, we all know who they are, and they''ve been dying for this to happen for weeks now!.

After just one, yes one, defeat, and in 4th place in the Championship, of course I''m still backing Worthy, why the hell not?.

[/quote]As stated in my other post this undying devotion is baffling. Hunter is no more to blame than the players he is worthys man they are worthys men. His choice his responsibility his fault. I also doubt your credibility as your just as likely to jump ship again next week.

Whilst you might have changed your loyalties there are many that have wanted him out since our Premiership days. The reason the buck rests with the manager is because he makes the judgements he appoints the coach he chooses the players he is the one who has decided the size of the squad.

The sooner he goes the better his after match comments shows he has absolutely no idea of where the problems lies. Huckerby has a groin problem, Etuhu has a bug others have a bug For goodness sake he is the manager if a player isn''t up to it don''t play him. 

[/quote]Yes lets get real because it isn''t one bad performance is it? - I''d say of the last 100 performances 90 have been bad, now hows that for a bit of good ole Norfork reality?