Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Team for Southend

Well we all know that Hucks is out injured and possibl Etuhu as well. I think we would all agree that if Etuhu is fit them Mcveigh will just slot in for hucks and we will play the same team and formation but what if Etuhu doesnt make it?

Team without Etuhu.

Gallacher

Colin                      Docherty             Shackell                   Drury

Croft                      Safri                    Robinson                 Mcveigh

Earnshaw           Jarvis

This is what I would do but I have a horrible feeling that if etuhu doesnt make it worthy will go like for like with hughes.

I would probably go for that.  If Worthy wants to keep to the 4-3-3/4-5-2 I would probably play McVeigh in the middle in stead of Etuhu and someone else on the left.

Remember though that Robinson and Shackell took blows to their respective faces. Despite not being broken, those cheekbones are likely to be rather sore and tender, would hope that neither would take the risk of further damage...

If we have 4 or 5 players carrying a chest complaint, then any 1 or 2 of those could be ruled out tomorrow.  I''m no sports scientist, but I''ve tried a brisk walk with a chest complaint, it can hurt.  It could just be a case of see who is fit and try to build a system around them.  If the current squad fitness is as bad as it sounds, then the management will have to earn their money to get anything out of tomorrows'' game.

Huckerby''s out, etuhu''s probably out but thats not all, robinsons still ''very very sore'', and we  have another 3 or 4 player swith the flu. We could be without at least 3 key players, we dont know who the other flu victims are. (whether or not they are key players). Rossi J is still not fully fit, cave-browns out, louis jean isnt fully fit. We havent got much back up if the doubtfuls dont make it.

I agree that is the likely team, unless more fall ill. But what about Spillane? He is perhaps the most accompilished of the younger players, either in defence or midfield. If we lose a defender or midfielder, I would like to see him given a chance. I would prefer him to Hughes.I suspect that with Cave-Brown and Hux out for certain, and others fighting off chest infections, it could be a matter of seeing who is fit and then arranging them into some sort of team. Now the cost of delay in entering the transfer market in May and June is becoming apparent!

[quote]Now the cost of delay in entering the transfer market in May and June is becoming apparent![/quote]

We could have bought another 5 players, but if they all got the same bug we''d have 10 players with flu instead of 5.  I don''t think it proves anything.

How about...

Gallacher

Colin                     Doherty                                 Fleming                        Drury

Croft                        Safri                                   Robinson                    McVeigh

Earnshaw                               Harris (if we can sign him)

Subs - Camp, Shackell, Hughes, Henderson, Jarvis

I''m hoping Eteuhu will make it, think McVeigh will replace Hucks and Earnie will be the lone striker.

Just can''t see him playing Jarvis.

[quote user="barclay4ever"]i heard robinson was a doubt aswell[/quote]

Yes Ive just heard on the radio that Robinson, Etuhu and Shackell are doubtfull, lets hope they make a quick recovery.

With hin-sight we are all  football experts on this board. Unfortunately the coaching staff haven''t got this luxury 

SO

If you were NW would you risk "the doubts" and hope they get through unharmed or rest them all for this one game giving them a chance for Palace and beyond?

It''s your call. - (Before the event)

For me I''d rest them all and see what we have got in reserve. And if we lost then hope the others were fit for Saturday.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

With hin-sight we are all  football experts on this board. Unfortunately the coaching staff haven''t got this luxury 

SO

If you were NW would you risk "the doubts" and hope they get through unharmed or rest them all for this one game giving them a chance for Palace and beyond?

It''s your call. - (Before the event)

For me I''d rest them all and see what we have got in reserve. And if we lost then hope the others were fit for Saturday.

[/quote]

well depending on there severity id like to rest them, no point making a bad problem worse. even if we are so bad away we shud c off southend

Worry ye not, I have just received the call from Nigel Worthington, a call I am prepared to answer to help out my beloved Norwich City. Do not let my middle aged spread and grey hair (what is left of it) deceive you, I am bloody quick over three yards and have an eye for goal, if the Football League give Norwich City clearance for me to carry my inhaler tucked into the elastic of my shorts, you will see a new Canary take to the field at Southend tomorrow evening!!. I am off to nail my studs into my boots...... 

Hux is out and I would rest Etuhu if he has not been able to train fully.  Shacks and Robbo are slightly different;  play them if there have been no ill effects.

What none of us know is what the current position is.

I wouldnt risk the doubtfuls and i think a show of faith in the squad players will not only be good for morale but will show that the places are genuinely up for grabs:                                    Gallagher                  Drury    Shackell      Doc    Collins                     Robinson     Safri         Hughes                        Croft        Earnie    McveighCampSpillaneRossi.JarvisRyan JarvisHenderson

it doesnt matter what we think the team will or should be the fact is that we should NEVER have been in such a position to have to scratch around for a team due to the fact we have such a small squad!!!

Worthington cant win on the squad front, if brings in squad players he will get moaned at for bringing in average players ala last season, if he misses out on adding quality to the squad he gets moaned at for not bringing any one in.Its really quite stupid to assume they havent brought any one in on purpose, its in there best interested to bring in new players if a). they add to the squad b). we can afford them.  If a player doesnt meet either of those we dont get him, simple.It amazes me the amount of silly statements that are made on here, if anyone took this forum seriously you would think there is some conspiracy by the board and the management to get us relegated!  On top of that the same protagonists change their mind like the wind, which just makes them laughable in my opinion!

team i would like to see tonight is this:

gallacher, colin, drury, doherty, shackell, croft, spillane, safri, mcveigh, earnshaw, ryan jarvis. subs  camp, fleming, robinson, eagle, henderson.

think this team could get a result.