Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

The Pints Half Full.......

.... Not half empty.

Lets try and be positive for the time being at least. Let''s keep behind worthy at the moment, we''re obviously dissapointed but its not the end of the world..

1. We are still 5th in the league, there are alot of draws and its a vfery close league. A win on saturday which is perfectly possible would give us more breathing space from the bottom half.
  2. Most People would have settled for 5th place after 7 games so what is the immediate problem
  3. We have got a draw at southend with a crap performance who were unbeaten at home and we''ve finally scored away.

Ok, there are negatives 

1. 2 points from 12 away isnt promotion material
  2. We don''t score 3 very often away and not winning when we do is a problem, especially losing when we are 2 goals up.
  3. We are leaking goals, our defensive seems shaky. Doherty played well tonight by all acounts, but he''s struggled recently, shackells off colour, ther jury''s still out on colin and drury seems destracted withy the baby situation.

But we are 5th in the league and a win against Palace who are low on confidence will maintain a good league position. I dont see why we cant win

I do not understand why so many people are calling for the managers head already, people would have settled for where we are 6 weeks ago so why arent you know. Sacking any manager who has his side 5th in the league bar perhaps the top 3 or 4 in the prem wouldnt happen. If we contune on a bad run ans after 10 games we have 12 points and are sitting in the bottom half of the league after 3 more crap displays then you should start to look at the manager, so will i.

Be patient - WE ARE 5th, the way some are going on, you''d think we were bottom of the league without a win.

Ive been reading this forum for a few years now so its about time i got involved

Have to agree with this, there are too many people ready to pounce on every negative. Were not in such a bad position, granted a few more injuries and we will struggle but from the football ive seen this season, worthy (or hunter) is doing something right as its a big turn around, at least at home, and with a loan signing or too for cover who knows?

Like Matt has said, be patient.........

Best we not forget as well that we are the highest scorers in the league with 13 goals.

We also have the leading goalscorer in Earnshaw with 6 goals in 7 games.

5th place is a decent start.

I think that most people, after hearing about the capitulation at Coventry on the radio / news, will be glad that we managed to get something from last nights game.  It is disappointing that we didn''t win, but if we can get the leadership on the pitch that Worthington mentioned in the post-match interview in future matches, there''s no reason why we can''t get ahead away from home and stay there in future.

if you want to say we are the best goalscorers look at our goals against as well! it doesnt look good does it? 7 goals against in 4 games and 6 in the last two. stop looking at everything through green and yellow shades!

[quote]stop looking at everything through green and yellow shades![/quote]

You''re entitled to your opinion baldyboy, if you want to be miserable it''s up to you.  Why make other people miserable though ?

We''re doing ok so far.

Baldyboy,

Who are you, Stalin? I''ll look at things through whichever colour shades I wish thank you very much. And yes I do think that the positives outweigh the negatives so far this season. Biggest negative is the paper thin squad, IMO, but I think it is too soon to call for the manager''s head - and I finished last season desperate to get rid of him but I think it would be foolhardy not to take account of the undoubted improvement this season. And as for goals conceded, apart from the last two games our defence has been exellent. I don''t think that kneejerk reactions will solve anything.

[quote]I don''t think that kneejerk reactions will solve anything.[/quote]

Agreed.  Apart from anything else, if your pint is half full and you have a jerky knee, you''re likely to spill your pint !

Guys i wouldnt worry too much, from my experience of internet forums they are not really a true representation of the topic the present i.e. there is a very small proportion of Norwich fans on here with regards to the greater scheme of things.This is why when the call for Worthingtons head was at its peak, nothing happened, because the majority (as was indicated by various messages from the club) wanted to stick by him. What ever the opinion is on this board, because of the nature of the media its presented on, it is highly visible and that gives the appearance of being a majority consensus.I find the above a relief to be honest, there are so many people on this board that change their stance/opinion on a daily basis (how do you expect people to take you seriously?), continually slate players/club decisons but offer nothing in the way of how to address an issue and finally nearly every single negative mark on here is based on assumptions (and pretty stupid ones at that).So, although its difficult, i keep reading this board because you occassionally find out some interesting info or a good topic of discussion (i find zippersleftfoot''s posts a good read, although i dont always agree), the majority of posts you have to take with a pinch of salt.Its quite interesting how this board has reflected the demise, in my eyes, of canary mail.

It seems the Major members of the worthy out brigade have gone quiet. Where are you?, do i have a reasonable point, are they ignoring me ? or most probably they aren''t sad and check the board as regularly as me.

I''m very concerned about this half-full pint business - why, I''d be ashamed to call myself a barman, if I allowed such sloppiness where I work! [:@]Speaking of sloppy (calm down missus!), these reactionaries with jerky knees - they can jolly well drink outside, they could have a whole table full of drinks over - whose gonna have to mop that lot up? Eh? Eh?sinks restlessly down behind bar and rests chin in the drip tray...

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

.... Not half empty.

Lets try and be positive for the time being at least. Let''s keep behind worthy at the moment, we''re obviously dissapointed but its not the end of the world..

1. We are still 5th in the league, there are alot of draws and its a vfery close league. A win on saturday which is perfectly possible would give us more breathing space from the bottom half.

2. Most People would have settled for 5th place after 7 games so what is the immediate problem

3. We have got a draw at southend with a crap performance who were unbeaten at home and we''ve finally scored away.

Ok, there are negatives 

1. 2 points from 12 away isnt promotion material

2. We don''t score 3 very often away and not winning when we do is a problem, especially losing when we are 2 goals up.

3. We are leaking goals, our defensive seems shaky. Doherty played well tonight by all acounts, but he''s struggled recently, shackells off colour, ther jury''s still out on colin and drury seems destracted withy the baby situation.

But we are 5th in the league and a win against Palace who are low on confidence will maintain a good league position. I dont see why we cant win

I do not understand why so many people are calling for the managers head already, people would have settled for where we are 6 weeks ago so why arent you know. Sacking any manager who has his side 5th in the league bar perhaps the top 3 or 4 in the prem wouldnt happen. If we contune on a bad run ans after 10 games we have 12 points and are sitting in the bottom half of the league after 3 more crap displays then you should start to look at the manager, so will i.

Be patient - WE ARE 5th, the way some are going on, you''d think we were bottom of the league without a win.

[/quote]

well said my friend

People should remember that there are clubs who''ve had alot more recentish success than norwich struggling in the championship. Leeds, Sheffield Wed, leicester in particular and also derby have had a prem past, and are at the wrong end of the table. The championsips a tough league when you are relegated, be thankful we havent done a forest, bradford, or an oldham.