Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

The curse of leaving city!

It''s funny how, in relatively recent years, unless a player is clearly set for greater things, e.g. Bellamy, Sutton, they tend to disappear into obscurity once they leave us, or at most do not advance themselves as they intended.
I''m thinking:
Fox (started ok-ish at Newcastle but the end at WBA was embarrasing!)
Eadie (injury cursed)
O''Neill (injury cursed)
Johnson (done ok but not much better off now than if he had stayed!)
Marshall L (lummock, where now after leaving Leicester?)
Marshall A (oops, dropped it!)
Coote ("Who let the Coote out?" Good job someone did!)
Llwellyn (Vo is? Vanished it seems. Still at Wrexham?)
Broughton (Drewe a blank!)
Forbes (started well at Luton, now sinking fast it seems)
McGovern (?????!)
Jackson (done ok at Wigan)
Kenton (not looking too good so far...)

If Mulryne had left when his last contract was up, as he nearly did, i feel sure he''d be languishing in the Charlton reserves or somewhere! So take heed Macca when you start your contract talks in the close season!

Good post a1. I''ve noticed this myself. Particularly with injuries are city players unfortunate. Lee Marshall has just broken his leg and Kents had a nightmare pre-season inury wise. Just shows they shouldn''t have left! As for Coote, Llewellyn, Broughton, Forbes and McGovern I''m not overly surprised we haven''t heard loads about them. Mainly because they were all bloody awful! There are some exceptions to the rule. Obviously players like Sutton and Bellamy have done well, but they''ve got the talent. I was thinking more along the lines of Russell. Done pretty well since he''s been at Stoke.

Just a point on Adrian Coote, I met him on holiday on Florida last year. It''s no surprise to me he didn''t make it as a pro. he spent 2 weeks in an alcoholic coma, smoking 40 a day.
The ultimate professional !

Last I knew, Broughton was playing for Southend, I wonder if him disappearing from their starting XI has anything to do with their sudden climb up the table away from the relegation zone? Christ, he was a carthorse. I think I read about McGovern not so long ago - didn''t he go back to Ireland? Or was it him that''s gone to play in the States? Forbes was playing like a gem up front for Luton, but has been injured lately, which is why you haven''t really heard anything about him.

Flecky did nothing after he left us. Although the £2.2mn did us some good at the time.

Dale Gordon done well at Rangers. Danny Mills has got a lot better.

It seems to be players that leave under a cloud who have ideas above there station a la Andy Johnson, Kenton...

It is odd the way bad luck befalls them. Could it be anything to do with 1st Wizard? I invite your comments oh wise one. And if so could you do something about Merson on Saturday please.

If you''re worried about Merson, Kathy, have a look at the Walsall mb! They describe him as slow, overweight and disinterested, to name but a few of the kinder adjectives! He''ll probably have a blinder against us now I''ve written this, but then again I thought that he would when he played for Portsmouth at FCR last season, but he let them down that day as well, if my memory serves me right.

Fair enough jon, i thought WLY''s contract was up at the end of this season! did he sign an extension? must have missed that one!

Ok Wiz. So you''ve turned him into a manager. Thats not quite what I meant I was thinking more along the lines of an infected toe or a heavy cold (Sorry flu - he''s a man)