Sign in to follow this  
Darth Canary

Delia in the telegraph today

Interesting piece, and thanks for bringing it to the attention of the message board.  What she says about making savings should the parachute payments run out worry the hell out of me.  She doesn''t seem too optimistic that we will make a swift return to the Premiership, at least not in this interview.

I wonder just how much the club are prepared to gamble in the January transfer window. Will they back the management come that time should some targets for team strengthening for a promotion push become available?  Or will we have to rely on selling first. 

If that''s frankness then I''m Frank Bruno . . .

So the catering side has a turnover of £4 million.  Irrelevant.  If the purpose is to generate income for the club, what we need to know is how much profit it makes.

When the parachute money runs out "savings will have to be made in all areas".  In other words, Hucks can forget about a new contract.

I hope I''m just a grumpy old bastard who needs to get a life . . .

Thanks Darth.  Wouldn''t have seen it otherwise.

What I find interesting is that i''ve seen only two interviews with Delia in the last few months and both have been in the national press.  I''m sure she''s been very quiet with the local media or have I missed something?  Not being critical but just curious.

Gazza,

Didn''t I read on a thread yesterday that you claim to have nice nails? How can you with all that rubbing down? I''m decorating at the moment and the glasspaper is playing havoc with mine.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Interesting piece, and thanks for bringing it to the attention of the message board.  What she says about making savings should the parachute payments run out worry the hell out of me.  She doesn''t seem too optimistic that we will make a swift return to the Premiership, at least not in this interview.

I wonder just how much the club are prepared to gamble in the January transfer window. Will they back the management come that time should some targets for team strengthening for a promotion push become available?  Or will we have to rely on selling first. 

[/quote]

How could they possibly spend any less money...no new contract for Hucks then...

Bloody hell! I thought we were already enduring a period of extreme penny-pinching and cost cutting! When/if  the real economy measures take place, we''ll be lucky if we can still field a team worth watching. Why do we seem to have one of the most parsimonious boards in the entire football league?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Nice to hear the restaurant turned over £4m last year - did it make any profit though?

[/quote]

A lot of restaurants work with a 40% Profit Margin so if the year went to plan they should have expected a profit of around £1.5 Million

I don''t know how busy the place is as I haven''t gone there but I imagine it made a profit of at least 500k

[quote user="mystic megson"]

So the catering side has a turnover of £4 million. 

Irrelevant.  If the purpose is to generate income for

the club, what we need to know is how much profit it makes.

When the parachute money runs out "savings will have to be made in

all areas".  In other words, Hucks can forget about a new contract.

[/quote]

As i remember from previous accounts (the ones before the latest set i

think), the restaurant made a record profit of 750k which is pretty

useful. Don''t know if that figure has come down now though.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Gazza, Didn''t I read on a thread yesterday that you claim to have nice nails? How can you with all that rubbing down? I''m decorating at the moment and the glasspaper is playing havoc with mine.[/quote]

simple answer, young sir, I am a woman

next..................

decorating advice, those of a nervous dispositon, look away now

Rudolph, you can put on a barrier cream on your hands before you start, I use a good quality hand cream many times a day and yes, occasionally break a nail, but they soon grow back and as for that thread, the boys in yellow, though I love them are not worth losing nails over.....

You can always cheat and get an electric sander......

[quote user="Fat Barman"]I want to know about Gaza''s nails - there was talk last year of two new puppies being on show down the pub, what happened?
[/quote]

I can''t remember the reason (excuse) for the puppies, you will have to remind me Fatbarman.

I cannot understand the obsession with my nails, I understand you and Rudolph met the other night.  Shame I wasn''t there to show you the glamorous talons in all their glory....

Maybe someday...  promotion party perhaps   lol

And it''s two Zzzzzs, I am not a very dangerous area in the Middle East thanks! 

Well, I just know where I''m going wrong Gazza.

I have a through and rigid regime using only the best quality emery boards and bottles of ''Hello Vera.''

In addition I soak in Fairy and shape my cuticles one a week in addition to my monthly manicure.

I use vitamin supplements, including extra strength coral calcium and all it takes is one good rub over my newel post and my bloody nails just go to rats.

Gazza.....help!

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="mystic megson"]

So the catering side has a turnover of £4 million.  Irrelevant.  If the purpose is to generate income for the club, what we need to know is how much profit it makes.

When the parachute money runs out "savings will have to be made in all areas".  In other words, Hucks can forget about a new contract.

[/quote]

As i remember from previous accounts (the ones before the latest set i think), the restaurant made a record profit of 750k which is pretty useful. Don''t know if that figure has come down now though.
[/quote]

a1, I think you''re referring to the statement in the 2005 Annual Report that catering turnover increased by £750,000 in the Prem season.  It does not state anywhere how much profit the catering operation made for the club. 

In the days when it was just pies and pints for the fans on a Saturday that might have been acceptable, but not now.  Time for another letter to Mr Doncaster . . .