Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

you are fickle and you should be ashamed.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Anybody with an ounce of sense wants him out around 85% of City fans .If the majority of you back him why is name never sung , answers please Fence ? or is it all you Worthless supporters (all 150) lose your voices on matchdays ????[/quote]

His name was sung on a number of occasions on Tues evening, the longer it went on, the more people joined in.

[/quote]

Was it, we were fairly central and didn''t hear it once. Where where you standing Sid??

[/quote]

Right behind the goal, about halfway back.

Worthy Out,

I am merely giving him the benefit of the doubt. I agree with CJF that if we don''t finish in the top six he should be on his way - many people on this board said they would give him ten games this season before calling for his head. We are currently fifth and therefore he and the team have won back my full support through much improved performances and will have unless it starts to go t*ts up again. If that makes me fickle then I suppose that it makes you stubborn. An equally unpleasant/unhelpful trait I''m sure you will agree.   

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I also heard it a couple of times (after our second and third goals) but no more once we forgot how to play football.[/quote]

Fair enough, they say your heariing goes when you get old [:D]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]City Angel - if we continue to play in our more attractive vein, won promotion and made a good stab at staying up, would you still want Worthy out?[/quote]

Why oh why does it always come down to these "dream scenarios" - the ifs! - we all know there is no chance in hell of Worthy getting us up and keeping us there, not only because of his lack of tactical awareness, but his failure in the transfer market being just two of the reasons.

Before anyone says "He almost kept us up 2 seasons ago", I urge you to look where we spent most of the season and to check how far off the pace we were considering the bottom 4 were not even close to the 16 above them.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Dicky"]

In that case, it''s personal - most of us others want what''s best for the club.

[/quote]

Is there anyone one this board that doesnt want the best for the club?  Its peoples attitudes to opinions other than their own that causes the problems,  not the opinions themselves.

Why should anyone hide their views away because its different?  Cityangel and others take a lot of personal abuse like this because of a genuie belief that their football club is best served bya change in management?  Which of us can say this is right or wrong?

Antagonistic comments like most of us others want what''s best for the club is all about a lack of tolerance and is even more depressing than yet another sign chris sutton/worthyout after one poor display this season/more positivity please postings.

Dicky you in particular can put you view across very wel and I respect and enjoy reading those even though I dont entirely agree with them ; I just get frustrated trying to find those examples amongst the one line put downs that, for me at least reflects, worse on you than your victim . 

There are shades of light and dark,  but there is no perfect/true/real supporter, having a view that Nigel should be manager makes the holdr of that view no better nor worse fan than those with an opposite view, nor less able to give full and vocal support in the ground on match days.   Cityangels passion for her club does her credit and I for one have confidence that just like you Dicky she will be fully behind the team when saturday comes, wanting them to do whats best for her club .  

[/quote]

Yes ZLF you''re right I will be behind out team 100% on Saturday  just like I have been at all the other games I''ve ever attended.

Not sure if I''ll too vocal though as still have a sore throat from my Southend trip.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]And if we finish below 6th?  What then?[/quote]

How about we worry about that next May ?

[/quote]

Why wait till May?

Blairblairblair, do you own a field with an open gate - that once had cows in it?

Are you still waiting for them to come home?

Pre-emptive is the way forward.........not waiting for the inevitable to ''hopefully'' not occur. When we can unbuckle the parachutes - and freefall into..............May?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]And if we finish below 6th?  What then?[/quote]

How about we worry about that next May ?

[/quote]

3 points off second!  4 points off the relegation zone...  Scored a few, but conceded loads too... 

Far too early to tell I guess, but if we start sliding down the league, as predicted all last season''s vitriol will be back.....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Shrimper Sang: "Ee-aye, ee-aye, ee-aye o, Up the football league we go, When we win the title this is what we''ll sing, We are Norwich, super Norwich, Worthy is our King"

And if we finish below 6th?  What then?

[/quote]

I''ll be very disappointed, but agree with 3xblahs that we should worry about that in May (or as soon as it becomes certain that the play-offs are beyond our reach)

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]City Angel - if we continue to play in our more attractive vein, won promotion and made a good stab at staying up, would you still want Worthy out?[/quote]

Why oh why does it always come down to these "dream scenarios" - the ifs! - we all know there is no chance in hell of Worthy getting us up and keeping us there, not only because of his lack of tactical awareness, but his failure in the transfer market being just two of the reasons.

Before anyone says "He almost kept us up 2 seasons ago", I urge you to look where we spent most of the season and to check how far off the pace we were considering the bottom 4 were not even close to the 16 above them.

[/quote]

The point is that some have said quite openly that even in this "dream scenario" they could not support Worthington. It is quite interesting to see the depth of individual antipathy.