Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Too Much Use Of The 'I' Word!.

I''ve noticed that a great many poster''s, many of whom are my favourite poster''s, are using the ''I'' word in full just lately. If that ''s not bad enough, they''re even supporting them!, abeit for a worthy cause in their deluded eyes, but this must stop now!".

When I first took up the City colours in 1957, it was hammered into me then, that they were worthess pieces of ****. I belive that scum fans are taught the same training when young, they don''t like us and ditto on our part.

To wish Mr Potato Head victory, is high treason, especially in the light of his recent rantings, if City need the binners help to go up, then we may as well just pack it in right now in my book.

Sir Nigel does not need B F Joe''s help, he''s doing fine without it, Yes?. You poster''s who say I lack faith in the team, are the very same people pledging their support to the filth. Who has more faith, you or I?, at least I don''t prey for help from them sad and penniless b******ds!.

They are The Binners, Poorman, Scum, Scummers etc etc, not I******!. AND AS FOR WISHING THEM VICTORY, IF ONLY FOR ONE GAME, Shame on you, you tarnish City''s fine colours!. As Nigel Worthington says, worry about what City do, not anyone else!.

Don''t hide behind the excuse that Scum winning would be good for us, we don''t need favours from those saddo''s, SAVVY!!.

come on IPSWICH, come on IPSWICH!!

blah blah blah 1957 blah blah blah.

Your pathetic ramblings are boring me now wiz.

Personally i don''t give a toss what team is involved. Anyone who can take points off our main rivals for promotion is going to get my support.

first wiz

i have agreed with you on many occasions in the past (usually re huckerby) and i know you are a great city fan but this time, sadly you have really gone too far

okay, you might not like ipswich, but all their fans are not another alien being - remarkably they are pretty much the same as you and i

maybe i am just too nice and take people for what they are, not just for which team they support. During my time on the internet i have ''guested'' on many team fan sites, including several ipswich ones, and one in particular is most welcoming of norwich fans, if you remain civil and treat them with the respect you would wish to be treated with

much of my life has been spent living in suffolk, my kids have grown up in beccles where many of their friends supported ipswich, was i supposed to say, you can''t like him/her because they don''t support norwich? (better ipswich than some glory hunting man u fans). I lived in deep mid suffolk the year we won the milk cup and yes, the banter was great, many friends up and down the years have been of the blue and white variety - it makes life much more interesting, discussing football with fans of all clubs, and especially them. Yes, i call them scummers, but only in jest - if they are going to beat sunderland or whoever and do us a favour, i will say, yes please!!

Joe Royle is a law unto himself and makes me laugh, poor guy, he is sure to be certified at the end of the season, have a laugh about it, whatever he says is not really going to make a difference to us

and no, i wasn''t brought up to hate ipswich or anyone in particular. Hate is a pretty pointless emotion. I have had knives pulled on me outside portman road, i have sold city fanzines and been spat at, called all sorts of names by some ipswich fans i have to admit - yes, there are nasty people out there (and there are pretty unpleasant norwich fans too, we are not all perfect).

I expect i will get shot down for this post, but what the hell. I enjoy football, i love talking football and that incudes my friendships with ipswich fans. Sorry first wiz, but that is how i see life, not just football.

Fatboy: Pathetic mate, just pathetic and the usual boring response from you, yet again Savvy!

Gazza: Sorry if I upset you my friend?, that was the least of my intentions, but old habits die hard. I''ve also been spat at, punched and laughed at by that rabble, and if there are any nice one''s out there I''ve yet to meet them, sorry.

At least your arguement''s were reasoned and well thought out as usual, and I respect you greatly for that.

But I''m afraid I cannot change my stance on this matter, Savvy.

Surely just another 1stwizard windup? I hope Ipswich beat Sunderland, I hope they go up in the play offs as they will be taking one of the relegation places next year leaving us just two to avoid.

Sorry Wiz I''m afraid I''ve got to disagree with you on this one. As much as I dispise the Binners, us going up is far FAR more important than anything they do. It''s obvious that if they take 3 points off Sunderland it will be a massive boost for us. Who cares if it helps them. The number one priorty is seeing the mighty Yellows back where they belong in the top flight, and if Ipswich can help us do it all the better.

I''m sorry too DD, sorry that you feel we have to help from the binners in getting promoted, just trust in Sir Nigel, and keep your powder dry, to quote Mr Cromwell!.

Of course like you I hope Sunderland lose against the binners, but thats a world away from saying ''I''m a I****** fan for the day!'', and yes, that was said by several respected City fans on here (I have a little list!) that was the point of my thread in the first place. Or is my logic twisted on this?.

I still think its wrong to wish them any success whatsoever, for what ever reason, it just don''t si well with me thats all.

Sorry Wizard,but I''m one of the posters who call them Ipswich too.Have never called them the ''s'' word and never will, because they are human beings like the rest of us,I work with several fans who I have friendly banter with every Monday morning,life''s too short to hate people and like Gazza I also venture onto a Ipswich fan board on odd occasions where they treat us with respect.So yes when Ipswich play Sunderland I will be cheering them on to victory.Dont care what it takes for us to get promoted and if that means supporting Ipswich for the day then so be it.
Still hope you love me Wizard and will forgive me this one sin.
lol cityangel

I''m with you city angel ''Come on the Blue''s''. Anyone who can nick 3 points from the Black Cat''s has my support. Three points to-morrow against Reading and a win for Ipswich (not frightened to use the word in full) will mean that City will have both feet thro the door ready to shoulder it wide open.

Hands up all of you who can''t grasp this. Whatever happens, even if Sunderland win all their remaining games (very unlikely) and City win their''s (very likely the way we''re playing!) we would still be 5 points clear at the end, simple.

Hell even the Gods are with us, ok, the refs head!, spooky ain''t it.

I trust Nigel Worthington and the boys 100%, City Angel you told me to have faith,yes?. Well I''ve got it now in bucket fulls. Perhaps you try some of your own advise! Savvy.

We don''t need THEIR help, look to next sundays game (on SKY by the way) West Brom v Sunderland, they can''t both win, yes.

Sunderland loseing was great, don''t get me wrong, but its written in the stars I tell you, we''re going up. I just did''nt become a scum fan, if only ,for a day, to make me feel better. I TRUSTED IN CITY!.

City Angel: Of course we''re still friends, I''m bigger than that. If you disagree with me, that''s fine, its why I like you, you speak your mind like me.

And I''m not scared of using the word Ipswich, I just prefer other names, Savvy.

Speak your mind Wizard, just don''t tell us that we tarnish our clubs colours by wishing Ipswich well against our rivals, it''s sanctimonious in the extreme. And whilst we''re on the subject, perhaps you should pause before writing "you and I" and consider "you and me".

Up until reading this thread, I had much admiration for you Wizard, and thoroughly enjoyed your posts. However, I am with the majority on this one; you have gone too far! Now I don''t want to see the binners win much either, but I cannot bring myself to hate them like you appear to. So much hatred and spite in your posts - let it go, it''s not good for you.

Hatred is destructive; you should know this, being first wizard. What would the Mother Confessor think?

Even you have got to admit Wiz we are now in a much MUCH stronger position today than if the Binners had lost to Sunderland. 11 points is a lot more than 8. As for Ipswich, who cares if they get in the play-offs. I absolutely guarntee they won''t win it. Trust me.

1st Wizard wrote

"Hands up all of you who can''t grasp this. Whatever happens, even if Sunderland win all their remaining games (very unlikely) and City win their''s (very likely the way we''re playing!) we would still be 5 points clear at the end, simple."

My hand is up!

As sunderland and Norwich play each other it would be somewhat difficult for both teams to win every game.
Your math is so far off its comical.

USA Canary, nout wrong with my maths mate, if and I say if, sunderland beat us. Our lead of 11 points would be cut to eight, yes. If again, Sunderland beat WBA, its down to 5, yes.

But the point that everyone can''t see is this, City won''t be defeated!. I was only giving what I saw as the worst case scenerio Savvy. I cannot for the life of me see us losing at FCR to Walsall and Preston, or Watford and Crew away. The reason I never mentioned this, was in the mistaken belief that as you say you''re a city fan? you would already be aware of the remaining games!.

Templeton: Brilliant mate, the last thing I''d want is a confession taken by Ms K!. Mistress Dena however, is a compleatly different matter, or indeed any Mord Sith!.

So to keep you lot happy I''ll drop my arguements regarding this thread from now on, find a dark room and have a good old sulk!. Me thought ME was right on this, but apparently ME is wrong, Savvy.

Ok I feel like I''m going to take a lot of flak for this but hear me out:

I was thrilled that ipswich beat sunderland on saturday. Sunderland are the only team that can stop us getting to the premiership next season and were frankly looking very dangerous in the league. The fact that arch rivals ipswich (Yes I said Ipswich!) have effectivelly taken out our only threat must be a very bitter pill for Joe Royle and many other hard core norwich hating binners to swallow. Imagine, wizard, how bad you''d feel if the situation was reversed and a norwich win would secure an ipswich premotion, it''s almost a no win situation. Am I the only one who finds this ironic and quite amusing?

Secondly (and even more controversially) I would secretly quite like to see ipswich premoted in the play offs with us. The derbies are always great events and personally I''d miss giving ipswich their twice yearly thrashing if they stayed down next year. Can you think of an easier 6 points for us in the premiership? Basically I think our season might just be a bit more interesting with the team we all love to hate with us!

I don''t expect many of you to agree with me on my second point but please keep the crucifying to a minimum!

I feel my IQ has dropped after reading this thread. Lucikly it has been treated with the absolute ridicule it deserves. SAVVY!!

Tilt: Yawn!. Can''t you do better than that mate?. Mind you I don''t care anymore We''re up, believe me, and everything is wonderful, maybe even you, Savvy.

Wizard,
Can you explain this bit of your post to me and i quote

''I trust Nigel Worthington and the boys 100%, City Angel you told me to have faith,yes?. Well I''ve got it now in bucket fulls. Perhaps you try some of your own advise! Savvy.

Now you can say that my posts are not well written,you can say I talk a load of rubbish but question my faith,no no no.I''ve always been positive on here and have always had faith that this would be our year and that has never wavered.I also predicted a great Easter, when you said you said you thought we would slip up what more faith can I have? I''m hurt!
cityangel

I agree that there''s too much anti-Ipswich feeling on this board. We''ve got some ITFC fans in our extended family (yes, our family does extend that far back), although of course we try to keep them locked away when visitors come. They''re actually quite well-behaved, and they rarely wet the bed now. They can make good pets, but you should have a word with the postman - my recent NCFC circular was badly defaced when they got to it first. A cattle prod is a good idea.

(sorry Sis!)

Lighten up people, we''re havin a larffff

Ciyt Angel: I''m truely sorry if I''ve caused YOU any distress, you know me better than that girl!. But try and see my side for one moment. Its was very hard for me to understand why you of all posters felt you needed any help from the binners to get promoted.

Of course you have been more positive than any of us on here, and it just felt to me that maybe you were''nt that sure now, so of course I''m sorry that I appear to have upset you. And I sincerely apologise to you for that.

So can we kissy kissy so to speak, and still be friends on here please. You know I still think your a damn brilliant poster, and maybe being so close to promotion, we''re all getting a bit worked up waiting for the maths to confirm it.

Grovel over.

Now, now Wizard!. You know that you love cityangel (as a poster). The evidence is there in writing in post after loving post for us poor souls who are over-exposed. Reciprocated, I might add, by cityangel. So Wizard, you''re old enough to know that love is never having to say you''re sorry. Just don''t do it again! Remember, a woman scorned.....

Uh, you guyz probably all know my position on this, just check out "I''m an Ipswich supporter" thread if you don''t. I''m with you all the way wizard.

THEY''RE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF SCUMMERS.

End of story.

Wizard,
As course we can still be friends I just couldn''t understand why you thought I had lost my faith.Everyone of my posts since Hucks arrived and changed our little lives has been positive.I knew then as I do now that this would be our year and nothing or no-one has been able to make me waver or have any doubts of any kind.Guess I was a bit surprised that you of all people, queried my faith and that I guess surprised me a little bit.But no harm done,as you say we all all getting worked up into a frenzy and sometimes logical thoughts go out of the window.
and yes Yankee I love Wizard and all the regular posters on here, in fact I even love you sometimes!!!
cityangel has fainted.

Yep, I reckon the anti Ipswich line is right out of order, by beating Sunderland they have obviously won us promotion in a single stroke and deserve most of the credit!!

Perhaps as a mark of respect we should let them take our place in the Premiership, after all we would never have made it if it wasn''t for our Suffolk cousins doing us the favour

Seems like Potato Head got his tac-tics right and saved our season! he wasn''t trying to improve Ipswich''s play off hopes but trying to win us promotion!!

Come on y''arll - what you got in there? - wool for brains?!!!

Now now Sire, you''re twisting my words, yes you''re correct about what I said about NW, but so did others. And I also said about Xmas time that I had been compleatly wrong and apolgised.

As for George Burley, who I must remind you, was Derby''s manager at the time and not Scums. Yes I did want him as our manager and if ever NW up''d and left for a ''bigger'' club, I would STILL advocate it, and I won''t say sorry for that!. I still rate him you see, is it his fault that Derby''s finances are in such a mess?. Or indeed Scums money woes, when he was boss there?.

Still, its nice to hear from you again, you''ve been missed. Savvy.

Sorry Wiz but couldn''t resist the bait.

If Ipswich''s financial meltdown wasn''t partly Burley''s responsibility, then Sheepshanks has got the palest complexion I''ve ever seen and needs some rouge for colour.

Who, for heaven''s sake, was recommending the club buy Finidi (how old was he really) George, various dubious continentals, like Le Pen - Le Who, etc. And agreeing wages, fees etc if it wasn''t dear old George.

If Sheepy handled everything, then George isn''t his own man - something you couldn''t level at our Nigel.

Sorry matey, but far too self important. What was it. 100 goals and a 100 points. HO ho ho.

I think his stretch at Derby is bringing him back to earth.

1st wiz

sorry to have missed a few days of this fantastic thread

so ipswich did it for us on monday, was it monday, you will have to excuse me i am jet lagged lol

and i know that they will go up too, just can feel it, like getting hucks, like promotion, call it a woman''s intuition if you like

as many have said, hate for someone who is basically the same as you is pretty pointless, if a said ipswich fan were to take your whole family out, then you might hate him for that, but for being a binner?

please!!

and if you like i can introduce you to a good few ipswich fans who are nice people, just tell me where and when

oh go on i will, next year, derby match, okay? lol