Sign in to follow this  
sussexcanary

Palace !

Where do this lot come in the hate stakes then?

Personally, i''d have them second to Ipswich.  Really cannot stick Crystal Palace.  Rubbish ground, odious toilets and even more odious supporters!   The only good thing is they don''t have that cheat playing for them anymore.

Come on city stuff them out of sight on Saturday.

OTBC 

They''re not near the top of my hate list but they aren''t a club I warm too. 

Its probably based on meeting a Palace fan in Lisbon before our Premiership season two years ago.  He just kept rattling on about how they would beat us, win their next game against Everton and be top of the league by the end of August.  There was no humour, no reasonable discussion, just the fact that he was Crystal Palace and everybody else sucked.

I don''t want to base all Palace fans on this one guy but...

I can''t stand their pompus looking, big headed, I have the right to be in the prem, long haired geek of a chairman myself!

Why Morrison thought that they were better than us I don''t know.

I hated cheat boy AJ also.

Hope we have croft playing saturday and beat them 3 - 0.

I''ll be there!

Cheers

Sorry, but I don''t get the hate Palace stuff.  Yes, their ground is a pain to get to, overpriced and the away facilities at least not up to scratch, but what has that to do with hating them?  There are plenty of other grounds we go to (or used to) which we don''t think for a minute compare to CR.

All the Palace fans I have met have been okay, they don''t have the arrogance associated with Wolves.  Now that''s a place never to visit again, been threatened every time I have been there (and as a middle aged woman, I surely don''t fit the stereotyped hooligan do I?).

Sure they used to have a player who dived a bit.  Can we honestly say they are the only team.  The recent match when City fans made up A4 posters of Andy Johnson diving were well received by the Palace fans I talked to after that game.  They thought it was good banter. 

Ipswich, Wet Sham and Wolves in that order, but have nothing against Palace (other than that we''re due a win over them and their ground is a complete hole for which they charge a fortune to enter).

I have a great disliking for Palace. Mostly because I''ve spent a fortune going to Selhurst over the years and the best I''ve seen is a draw. Can''t remember the last time I saw as beat them at FCR either.

I do like Simon Jordon though. I think his plain speaking is refreshing change from the arrogant bullsh!t of Peter Kenyon.

1. Ipswich (obvious)
  2. Wolves (remember the song, we only hate wolves and ispswich)
  3. Arsenal (too many foreigners and i hate wenger)
  4. Chelsea (too much money)
  5. Palace (shit ground, cost us surviva, diver johnson)
  6. Sheffield United (warnock)

Oh! For god''s sake! Why on earth should Norwich supporters ''hate'' Crystal Palace?

The ground is poor for visiting fans but I always found the experience friendly and they are impressively vocal given their number. We have a poor record there.

We also have a history of some great ding dong games and recently of being in similar league situations with shares aspirations.

Andy Johnson is a player you would love playing for ''your'' team and his ''diver'' goal celebration in front of Worthy last season was the best I had seen from an away team.

Are these not, infact, games to look forwards to and share some good banter with the opposition fans? You certainly can''t say the same thing about Wolves so the two Clubs do not deserve to be bracketed together.

Palace are a great rarity in football. A Club you want to beat so much it lifts the atmosphere; but in a proper way. It''s pure competitive spirit, hate doesn''t come into it.

Let''s stop talking up ill will, welcome Palace and their supporters.....and send them home with a defeat.

1.  The obvious Ipsh!t Town

2-10. Wolves, Leeds, Palace, and all the other odious, sanctimoniouse, and down right, "We''re bigger, better, older with more history, and more trophey clubs that think they have the god given right to be in the Prem.", clubs.

Sorry for the rant, but i''m p!ssed off this morning!

Chase Out!

Palace are more of an irritation than a hated club in my book.  Am afraid they don''t come even remotely close to the likes of Ipswich, Wolves and Man Utd.   They''re just a team I don''t really have any feelings for.

1) Ipswich, 2) Wolves, 3) Sheff United, 4) Everton, 5) Liverpool, 6) Millwall, 7) Chelsea, 8) Blackburn, 9) Palace

Good reasons for all, but those are the least pleasant teams for me. However, the top two are country miles above the others.

[quote user="congo"]

1.  The obvious Ipsh!t Town

2-10. Wolves, Leeds, Palace, and all the other odious, sanctimoniouse, and down right, "We''re bigger, better, older with more history, and more trophey clubs that think they have the god given right to be in the Prem.", clubs.

Sorry for the rant, but i''m p!ssed off this morning!

Chase Out!

[/quote]

I wonder if supporters of other clubs put us in this category when they hear "my garden shed is bigger than this . . ."

Two reasons why we tend not to like Palace:

1. We can''t ever seem to beat them.

2. Simon Jordan

It''s often to do with the personnel at a club - we hate Sheff U because

of Colin W, Wolves probably still because of Muscat, etc...

Although strangely, i quite warm to Colin when he''s on telly. He is

just the complete antithesis of himself on the touchline when he''s on

the pundit''s couch. Calm, reasoned, amusing.

My personal Top Ten Most Hated Teams in The Whole World

1. Ipsh*t

2.Wolves (Made worse by living with a wolves fan - who keeps saying we''re a one man team!)

3.Man Utd (More to do with the fans then the team)

4.Birmingham (Surprised more people haven''t said them)

5.Coventry (Don''t know why, but always have)

6.West Ham (Because the fans are fickle and they keep buting our best players!)

7.West Brom (Bryan Robson - Enough Said)

8.Great Yarmouth Town (I''m from Lowestoft)

9.Tamworth (Been living in Burton for 4 years!)

10.Middlesborough (Very dull and pointless and they tried to buy success)

not really got much against palace, liked it in the old days when we used to beat them.

i don''t hate palace but do hate selhurst pk.

apart from being overly expensive i have yet to see us win there regardless of opposition i.e. incl Wimbledon & Charlton (Ken brown''s last game).

i also still hold a 20-year old unreasonable grudge against everton.

also despise west ham for their cockeyness (sic) but ironically it seems many of us share the same undesirable traits (a lack of respect for what we deem lesser clubs in the division).

can''t see what we people have against sheff utd. they''re a similar club to ours in terms of historical status and warnock is a passionate man , a successful manager given the resources he has and a great laugh for anyone who doesn''t . Rather have him than a droll alternative that i can think of.

Coincidentally, & with nothing better to do at work recently, & being a bit of an anorak, I decided to put all 92 teams in order of preference (I devised a fiendishly clever way of doing it) but recognising that this is really sad I couldn''t envisage a way of sharing it with you. But now here''s my opportunity - & don''t panic, I''m not going to give you all 92!

My 10 least favourite, in order - Ipswich, Chelsea, Man U, Palace, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Arsenal, Portsmouth, Millwall, & Bury. Why Bury? Well they''re just boring aren''t they.

And what about my top ten - Norwich, Southend, Tottenham, Walsall, Peterboro'', Birmingham, Chesterfield, Torquay, MK Dons & Crewe. Methinks there''s 1 or 2 there that most of you would disagree with but I have my reasons - go on, challenge me! 

[quote user="JayM"]

They''re not near the top of my hate list but they aren''t a club I warm too. 

Its probably based on meeting a Palace fan in Lisbon before our Premiership season two years ago.  He just kept rattling on about how they would beat us, win their next game against Everton and be top of the league by the end of August.  There was no humour, no reasonable discussion, just the fact that he was Crystal Palace and everybody else sucked.

I don''t want to base all Palace fans on this one guy but...[/quote]

I must admit I have had similar experiences with Palace fans on other football forums. One was particularly bad. After each game they won it would be a brag about how great Palace were, then a talk about how he was such a great football fan just because he travelled the long way to Plymouth once. If Norwich lost on the same day he would go to town on how much we ''suck'', how ''crap'' we are (even though he hadn''t seen any of our game) and how much Earnie looks ''like an alien''. When we lost 4-1 to Palace last season he had no respect whatsoever and was totally unreasonable with his comments. I then had a go back at him when Palace got thrashed 3-0 by Watford in the play-offs, quoting some of the things metioned above and saying that Palace were ''crap'' and ''sucked''... let''s just say he threw his toys out of the pram and gave a response that a 3 year old should be embarassed by.This was obviously just one instance, but there have been some others. That said I don''t dislkike them and their fans as much as Ipswich, Wolves, West Ham and Sheff Utd. It would be nice though to see them given a good beating tomorrow. [:)]

That''s a good point - BIRMINGHAM! Ugh, i think they''re first after the scummers for me.

Again, it''s down to personnel and I absolutely can not bare Steve Bruce

ever since the way he treated us in the play off final and since.

Plus St Andrew''s is an absolute hole, i''d rather watch football in

Bogota, i''d have less chance of being assaulted, stabbed, mugged...

You can''t buy petrol around there unless you pay first, and that''s not

just at night like in some other dodgy parts of the country.

Not a great fan of the Palace, since their ground sucks, hard to get to (for London) and we always seem to get beat when I go. However I they would not be in my top three.

As for their Chairman, well I use to despise the man, but his columns in the Obverser are thoughtful and interesting. I have found myself argeeing with him on more occasions than not.

Also he always speaks very highly of our board of Directors, if that means anything!

Simon Jordan spouts total dross.

Teams I can''t stand: 1. Ispwich Obvious really. 2. Sheffield United I was brought up as a Norwich fan im Sheffield by my dad, who''s foilowed the city all his life. United fans are among the most unpleasant, idiotic freaks I''ve ever come across. I ever got any grief from Wednesdayites, but Unitedites made my life hell. The boxing day game last year was one of my best experiences watching the city - seeing Colin''s face at the end was priceless! 3. West Brom Quite possibly the dullest team in the world. I know a couple of Baggies supporters who are OK (and have only good words to say about us), but they seem to be in the minority. They have a rubbish ground, and that Premiership game at the Hawthorns was probably the dullest, most frustrating match I''ve ever been to - and I was at Derby last season! 4. Wolves Not called "the gold scum" for nothing. 5. Leeds Growing up in Yorkshire, I got plenty of reminders just how unpleasant Leeds fans are. Plus, my mum''s from Leeds and some of her family go... and they spent most of the 90s winding me up about how well they were doing compared to us! 6. Birmingham Can''t stand the "big club" arrogance. That''s about it, really. There''s a few there, though!

Everton, even above Ipswich for me. I have never forgiven them for their non-trying in 1985 that got us relegated.

For younger posters, they did not play all the last games at the same days in those days. Coventry had to win at Everton away to stay up. Everton had just won the title and had a great home record but for some reason had a weakened team and did not seem that interested.

Coventry won, we went down. One day Everton will go down - I will be so happy, I may even buy a round.

[quote user="Ginger Pele Ate My Hamster"]

Simon Jordan spouts total dross.

Teams I can''t stand: 1. Ispwich Obvious really. 2. Sheffield United I was brought up as a Norwich fan im Sheffield by my dad, who''s foilowed the city all his life. United fans are among the most unpleasant, idiotic freaks I''ve ever come across. I ever got any grief from Wednesdayites, but Unitedites made my life hell. The boxing day game last year was one of my best experiences watching the city - seeing Colin''s face at the end was priceless! 3. West Brom Quite possibly the dullest team in the world. I know a couple of Baggies supporters who are OK (and have only good words to say about us), but they seem to be in the minority. They have a rubbish ground, and that Premiership game at the Hawthorns was probably the dullest, most frustrating match I''ve ever been to - and I was at Derby last season! 4. Wolves Not called "the gold scum" for nothing. 5. Leeds Growing up in Yorkshire, I got plenty of reminders just how unpleasant Leeds fans are. Plus, my mum''s from Leeds and some of her family go... and they spent most of the 90s winding me up about how well they were doing compared to us! 6. Birmingham Can''t stand the "big club" arrogance. That''s about it, really. There''s a few there, though!

[/quote]

A long list there Ginger Pele, one thing makes me smile though....

Your Leeds relatives....just how did they feel when we thrashed them 4-0 in 92-93......Where they there that day.  What a match!