Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

What the feck was that? And as for McVeigh...

We couldn''t pass, defend or create any chances. I am livid with that today. They showed no passion, belief or grit. We look non-flexible. We changed our formation, and we went to bits.

What really annoyed me today was Paul McVeigh. Here the man has a chance to push his way back into the side and start to push Hucks for his postiton. He didn''t take it. But this wasn''t just through a lack of talent, he didn''t bleedin'' try!

One postive was Gallagher. What a permormace by a man who so clearly should not had been our 3rd and 2nd choice keeper for so long. Other than that, it was a shocker. Such a shame that after such an encouraging start that we have 3 shockers.

Fair post! I was well disappointed in McVeigh too. I always felt that he was a betyter player for us before Huckerby came to the club and it was difficult for them to play in the same team. Today totally blew that theory away.

I would say 2 shockers though, Tuesday night was disappointing and we threw 2 points away but it couldn''t be classed as a shocker!

Apart from Gallagher, I thought the loan signing, Boyle looked promising.  Seemed enthusiastic and tracked his man.  Considering he had never played for us before, he did well.

To my mind we just looked confused, jaded and unable to figure out what to do.  A mystery as although Palace were their usual physical selves, they were by no means a great side, even a good one, just wanted it more than us and got their reward in the end.

Neither side looked promotion certs, we have to do a lot better than this to keep on track.

I think this is a bit critical.  First half we did ok, but as we tired in the second half, Palace''s obvious extra strength and height (men against boys alomost literally in places) began to overpower us.  We had no options on the bench, unlike Palace who threw on 2.5 million of ''wasted money'' on, according to some around here, who promptly won them the game.  We did as well as can be expected, but Palace''s extra squad depth and financial speculation paid off.  I take your point on Mcveigh, but he has NEVER been capable of 90 minutes of football, so I was not at all suprised to see him disappear after fifty minutes.

The team did as best they could in my opinion, but they failed because:

1.  Their are no other options outside the starting 11, and god we miss Huckerby - give him a damn contract!

2.  We are not powerful enough or tall enough as a squad, and 4-4-2 is imperative from now on.

3.   Worthington threw on three subs in the space of five minutes, which made our play disjointed.

On a side note, after the goal went in, Thorne and Jarvis were told to strip off.  They then spent SEVEN minutes going through a bloody clipboard before finally going on.  Jarvis appeared on 87 minutes.  What was on that clipboard that was so important tactically with ten minutes or less to go????? 

I''ve always been a fan of McVeigh but I have to say it seems the time has come for him to move on now. He seems disinterested and only really plays well if he comes on as a sub. I don''t think he gets on with Worthy and I think a move would be best for both parties. Problem is though he can''t move because we have no players! Nice one Worthy!