Sign in to follow this  
SI

Worthington says: "There was not a lot wrong!"

...that Worthington either cannot see, or simply refuses to admit that we were second best.

We weren''t unlucky and the game wasn''t going to go either way. They created a number of good goal scoring opportunities and we didn''t.

Worthington relies on the fact that most people listening on te radio didnt go to the games.

he saves his biggest whoppers for away games.

I have never heard even the most hardcore KTF defend Worthingtons post match fairy tales.

95 minutes of football and the Palace keeper had only one save to make (which he fumbled!!), and our keeper was "man of the match", says it all really. Two games in a row where we have conceded a goal in injury time which has cost us three points, I really am not a fan of "zonal marking". The 4-5-1 did not work today, Palace had us susssed out and Earnie looked isolated, and how long before we tried to change things around? -  78 minutes !!. So all in all I think today Mr Worthington really is talking out of his bottom.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]95 minutes of football and the Palace keeper had only one save to make (which he fumbled!!), and our keeper was "man of the match", says it all really. Two games in a row where we have conceded a goal in injury time which has cost us three points, I really am not a fan of "zonal marking". The 4-5-1 did not work today, Palace had us susssed out and Earnie looked isolated, and how long before we tried to change things around? -  78 minutes !!. So all in all I think today Mr Worthington really is talking out of his bottom.[/quote]

Thank you for some honesty.

I feel very uneasy about a manager who can say such things.

There are only 2 explanations for such talk.

(a) He is being diliberately dishonest to the listening fans

or

(b) he really does believe his own rubbish and is clueless.

Either way I dont want someone like that in charge of the club I care about.

There was no way anybody could say that todays game could have "gone either way", the only surprise was that it took so long for Palace to score. I am not one to have a go at the club but today Mr Worthingtons comments have really made me angry, he was quick to publicly slate the players after the draw at Southend, well today he should have held his hands up and admit he got it wrong in taking so long to change thing around.

worthy haters r so thickle we go on a good run we lose two games u all start wanting worthy out again stick by him and the team

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Worthington relies on the fact that most people listening on te radio didnt go to the games.

[/quote]

My Mate said exactly the same thing before the game today in Squares. Wothington thinks that those listening, as they didnt go to the game, will save his bacon when they go to Carrow Road... it DOESNT wash.

The man has proven his incompetence with that one comment today, if there was any justice he''d be on the dole tommorow morning

jas :)

Sellex - I am not advocating that we get rid of Nigel Worthington nor am I a "Worthy hater", what I am advocating is a little bit of honesty from the man in his post match interviews, he was happy to slate the players, today we got our tactics wrong and we left it far to late before we changed things around.

we were an appaling team when worthy took over he attracted stars such as ashton,huckerby,earnie got us in the playoffs when us the league nearly kept us up worthy must stay

iv tried to stick by worthy but i was impressed today. he had no other plans - earnie clearly wasnt at the races, played far too deep, made no runs and was swamped why did worthy wait until about 70 mins atleast before trying to giv him som support. then all he cud do was to stick thorne on and et gallacher to punt the ball on to his head

[quote user="SI"]What match where you watching Mr Worthington.....?[/quote]

Quite agree SI, what game were you watching Worthy, not the same one as me obviously!!

That interview with Worthy summed him up for me

Waller - What are your thoughts on the game today Nigel

Worthy- There were a lot of positives

Waller - What did you say to the players after the game

Worthy - Wasn''t a lot to say as there wasn''t too much wrong today

And no I don''t want him out because we lost today, I''ve wanted him out for a long time now and say what you like about me but I''ve never waived or changed my mind.

Poor performance by both sides in the first half.  The difference in the second half is Palace had a manager who realised he needed to change things early, and we had a manager who waited until the 78th minute for our first change, and then gave Ryan Jarvis four minutes to make an impact on the game.  I really despair for our managers sanity if he genuinely thought there wasn''t a lot wrong today.  I guess not testing their keeper with a single shot is good in Nigel''s book.

Herb, Dicky, Load of Squit and those other loyal Worthington supporters I can''t wait to hear whether you support our managers after match comments.

I didn''t get where I am today without standing on the touchline with my arms folded.

GOTF,

Serious question

Just wondered what you thought to Worthy''s interview yesterday, did you agree with him that there wasn''t much wrong  and that there were positives to take from the performance?

CA

[quote user="sellex"]we were an appaling team when worthy took over he attracted stars such as ashton,huckerby,earnie got us in the playoffs when us the league nearly kept us up worthy must stay[/quote] Yawn!! You''re just living on past glories! Football is about the present and right now I can''t find many positives for Worthy to stay - poor treatment of the fans, poor media skills, horrendous away form, frightening lack of ability to bring in players during the transfer window and to spot a good bargain to name a few. Yes Worthington has made some good signings but any idiot can see that Earnshaw, Ashton, Huckerby are class players and would be good signings - he hasn''t done so well on picking up class bargains from the lower leagues - I can''t really think of one at the moment!

i can''t agree with worthy''s publically stated view - clearly its bumkin! hopefully in private he''s injected some reality into the dressing room.the lads didn''t perform yesterday, whether worthy was just protecting them because they were down after southend and he felt another public criticism wouldn''t suit - who knows? what''s clear though, is that 1 point from 9 isn''t good enough, and if the rot isn''t stopped at rotherham on tuesday, then quickly the promising start to the season we''ve seen and the confidence it can bring to players can be lost and turned into mid-table despair. 

CA

I thought it was a poor performance. My guess (and that is all it is) is that Worthington meant that it was not a repeat of Tuesday, when we were unprofessional. You can''t criticise the players if you feel that they have done their best for you, even if it did not work out.  

I don''t think that there was a lack of effort or professionalism, it was just that we didn''t play to our potential and we don''t have enough on the bench that was going to make much difference. I don''t think that there are any Norwich fans who think that we are a striker light (but I don''t think McKenzie would have made much difference either). I think that the match showed how dependant we are on Huckerby to stretch teams and as an outlet. Worthington must know this, so what point would there be in criticizing the players? But as I said, this is only a guess.

I think that there is an element of hysteria about the reaction to what is after all our first home defeat in quite a while. We have had a bad week (despite 55 minutes of good performance at Southend) in what has otherwise been quite an encouraging start to the season.

Without wishing to be thrown into the KTF and WO camps (i am sitting on the fence - just!) I found Worthy''s post match comments unbelievable.  The first half was a non-event and 0-0 was about right.  In the 2nd, Palace stepped up and would have buried us but for Gallacher.  I found his post-match interviews after Coventry and Southend a bit more honest, but yesterday he lost the plot.

Whatever people may think of Worthington, he did himself absolutely no favours yesterday with the rubbish that he came out with.  Who are you trying to kid Worthy?

The difference between the teams after a very non-descript first half was the ability of Palace to change their teams approach with substitutions. Our bench contains no more than injury cover; once a team susses and counters our game we have absolutely no options available to change.

Jarvis for 4 minutes was never going to achieve anything.

We are paying for a paper-thin squad.