Sign in to follow this  
pitch fork

why do worthy outers come to carrow road?

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

City Angel said "I''ve never booed a Norwich player , have never organised a protest or falsified any petitions yet you have a problem with me!!"

Sorry Angel, but you were right at the heart of the petition fiasco as anybody who can be bothered to check previous postings can tell. You came in here and said how anybody who cared "one tiny little bit " about the club would sign.

Along with 20,000+ others, Ididn''t. As a result, you crew resorted to falsifying the petition. I am not saying that you personally did it, or even approved of their actions, but you knew it was happening and did nothing to stop it or denounce the petition.

[/quote]

I''ve never denied that I helped collect names for the petitions but I am a very honest person GOTF and I can assure you that the 5 sheets that I got signed had no duplicate names on them and were not falsified in any way. You have my word on that!

I then posted my 5 sheets to one of the organisers of the worthout website who is known to many people on here and is also very honest,

[quote user="percyvarco"]

I do not particulary like the chap dressed as a Clown but he seems to keep the kids happy with his balloon models.

[/quote]Yes I agree Worthy does seem to be good with the kids [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

City Angel said "I''ve never booed a Norwich player , have never organised a protest or falsified any petitions yet you have a problem with me!!"

Sorry Angel, but you were right at the heart of the petition fiasco as anybody who can be bothered to check previous postings can tell. You came in here and said how anybody who cared "one tiny little bit " about the club would sign.

Along with 20,000+ others, Ididn''t. As a result, you crew resorted to falsifying the petition. I am not saying that you personally did it, or even approved of their actions, but you knew it was happening and did nothing to stop it or denounce the petition.

[/quote]

I''ve never denied that I helped collect names for the petitions but I am a very honest person GOTF and I can assure you that the 5 sheets that I got signed had no duplicate names on them and were not falsified in any way. You have my word on that!

I then posted my 5 sheets to one of the organisers of the worthout website who is known to many people on here and is also very honest,

[/quote]

Just wondered, is the worthout website still up and running?

[quote user="canary cherub"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it is Cherub  www.worthyout.co.uk it looks like its been fairly quiet since last season but then I guess there''s a lot of people like me who haven''t posted since last season because they thought fresh season = fresh hope = lets give him a chance.

We go to support the team, through thick and thin, but not Worthington. 

Bearing in mind the handful of supporters left after the last game at the end of  last season there would be very few supporters in the stands if the WOs stayed away. 

We love our club.

gazzathegreat - I don''t think we are far removed in our views. However, becuase we don''t boo etc we would be regarded by a vocal minority in here as "KTFs."

Jim Smith sums up thier view point quite well.

1. The WO are the most loyal fans

2.It is their loyalty that drives them into being "so vocal in their protests."

I really find it astonishing they believe that this helps our cause. Was it the booing of fans that led to, for example, Ken Brown''s or Mike Waker 2''s sacking? Did "fan-power" drive out Bruce Rioch? Alternatively was it just that the board got fed up with "mediocrity." (Please don''t cite Robert Chase as this is very different from sacking a manager.)

[/quote]

GOTF

Sorry, haven''t read this post for a while, so late in replying.  I could in no way be labelled a KTF.  I was at some of the protests last season and would dearly love NW to leave the club as I cannot see him helping the team progress to where most of us would like them to be.  As to fan pressure, well the protests in themselves may not have made any difference, but the meeting organised by NCISA, added to the letters sent in with ticket renewals and the general atmosphere at games following the Ipswich home game must have had some impact.  Mike Walker''s sacking came as a shock to me and most people I know.  Yes he failed in getting us promoted, but in his favour he wasn''t able to concentrate on the job as his wife was ill. He, and the managers who immediately followed him didn''t have anything like the benefits the present manager has been afforded by the board.   I think for many years the supporters in general had a lot of faith in the board and had a lot to thank them for following the departure of Mr Chase.  As for him, yes, the case for protests etc then were a hundred times more relevant and important than getting rid of Mr Worthington. 

I found Jim Smith''s post extremely interesting and certainly amongst the city fans I know I would say at least 80% of them would like the manager to go.  That''s not to say we, or anyone else is right, or that the people who support him are wrong, how can you absolutely say 100% one way or the other that if he went things would improve straight away.  Perhaps they wouldn''t.  As I see it, he''s not the man to take us any further, he''s had six years and although we are higher in the league than when he joined us, considering the money he''s spent I personally would have hoped for more.  Tough to please, yes I am, and fed up of away day calamities, you bet!  If the board are swaying and wondering, then they have to make up their mind soon.  Parachute payments will end soon, I wonder if that is the real reason they are reluctant to boost the size of the squad?  Mediocrity?  Well another few seasons in this league will maybe spell it out for them.  Can they depend on everyone constantly renewing tickets.  Only time will tell. 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="canary cherub"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it is Cherub  www.worthyout.co.uk it looks like its been fairly quiet since last season but then I guess there''s a lot of people like me who haven''t posted since last season because they thought fresh season = fresh hope = lets give him a chance.

[/quote]

Had a look around that site and its not for me thats for sure! I support the manager now and I supported the manager last season too, although I had doubts at times as I''m sure most people did. I believe theres still fresh hope this season so I hope people still give him a chance. That site is very aggressive and there is no alternative view, which I guess there doesn''t have to be as it''s not a fansite as such. You and I support the same team and have the same highs and lows but our opinions can be different and we can both post here. I like this better!

[quote user="pitch fork"]

i used to think norwich fans where a bred of people come rain or shine supported there team through thick and thin!

but there are obviously those who went let it drop that they belive worthy should be gone,there for are not supporting the team this people are irrelvant!

norwich are a club who have been through ups and downs and those ups and downs will happen again at this club(this is football)

the point im trying to make is how tedious is it going to be everytime we lose some sad twat comes on here and says worthy out?

if u dont want to support worthy dont come to carrow road.

we need positive fans at carrow road which we have done well at this season.

ps judge me on my opinion not my spelling!

[/quote]

The reason WO come to carrow road is because they are season ticket holders who support Norwich not the manager.

They feel a new manager would improve many areas of our club and get the best out of the players.

[quote user="canary cherub"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="canary cherub"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Had a look around that site and its not for me thats for sure! I support the manager now and I supported the manager last season too, although I had doubts at times as I''m sure most people did. I believe theres still fresh hope this season so I hope people still give him a chance. That site is very aggressive and there is no alternative view, which I guess there doesn''t have to be as it''s not a fansite as such. You and I support the same team and have the same highs and lows but our opinions can be different and we can both post here. I like this better!

[/quote]

Thats what I like about this site too Cherub, we all have different highs and lows and we all have different opinions and beliefs and the majority of posters on here respect that. And as you say the most important thing is that we both love the same team [:D]

[quote user="canary cherub"]You and I support the same team and have the same highs and lows but our opinions can be different and we can both post here. I like this better![/quote]Nice one cherub, you''ve got it spot on. If only everyone on here saw it that way...

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not going to accuse you of being dishonest Angel, but nobody is suggesting that people signed your list several times. The point is that they went off and signed other lists! It was openly discussed in here, but the campaign did nothing to stop it.

(Sitting down?) I agree with you about Hughes'' treatment at Southend. I thought he did ok till we all wilted in the last half hour. 

[quote] user="crisis?whatcrisis"]

Bearing in mind the handful of supporters left after the last game at the end of  last season there would be very few supporters in the stands if the WOs stayed away. 

We love our club.

[/quote]

A bit a stretch to say that everyone who went home was a WO, did you stop and ask them as they left or are you doing the delusional ''we''re the majority'' thing again?

It goes without saying.  The team usually gets an enormous farewell after the final game.  It is the first time I have ever known the majority of fans go.  There could only be one reason the fans didn''t stay this time - Worthington.

gazzathegreat - I don''t think we are far removed in our views. However, becuase we don''t boo etc we would be regarded by a vocal minority in here as "KTFs."

I really find it astonishing they believe that this helps our cause. Was it the booing of fans that led to, for example, Ken Brown''s or Mike Waker 2''s sacking? Did "fan-power" drive out Bruce Rioch? Alternatively was it just that the board got fed up with "mediocrity." (Please don''t cite Robert Chase as this is very different from sacking a manager.)

[/quote]

The same board that sacked walker after two massive home wins (and if you look at his squad...), wanted Brian Hamilton to stay!!!  As for worthington, christ knows what they think, in essense he is nothing more than an average manager but we have to pay half a million to sack the fool and then try to find a replacement...  Doomed to mediocrity i''m afraid, if erny gets injured we are totally up s**t creek.

crisis?whatcrisis said - "It goes without saying.  The team usually gets an enormous farewell after the final game.  It is the first time I have ever known the majority of fans go.  There could only be one reason the fans didn''t stay this time - Worthington."

Nonsense - the majority of fans did not go, they stayed. Of those that left, many did for good reason unrelated to calls by the Worthy Out campaign.

The truth is that the whole WO campaign was a farce. Protests with 2 men and a dog, a forged petiton that still only got a few hundred signatures etc etc.

In the end, they were resorting to any spurious way they could to make it look that they were successful.

e.g. I understand thier next plan is to say that if you want Worthy Out don''t turn up at Carrow Road at 2a.m on 22nd Novemebr. They will go on to say that this proves that the vast majority of fans want Worthy Out.

Whenever supporters were asked to do anything to demonstrate oppostion to Worthington, there was overwhelming apathy.

[quote] user="crisis?whatcrisis"]It goes without saying.  The team usually gets an enormous farewell after the final game.  It is the first time I have ever known the majority of fans go.  There could only be one reason the fans didn''t stay this time - Worthington.[/quote]

Only in your little WO world would you be able to draw ths conclusion. If its the first time you''ve known this to happen then either you''ve not been going very long or you''ve got a very short term memory (like a goldfish). I also note again that you''ve used the term ''majority'' without understanding its meaning.

Maybe they were all rushing home because they were Dr. Who fans, maybe they were the much taunted ''part time supporters'' or perhaps they were rushing home so that they could give us the benefit of their opinion on this message board. As you didn''t ask them why they were going you cannot speak for them so don''t.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

GOTF

Sorry, haven''t read this post for a while, so late in replying.  I could in no way be labelled a KTF.  I was at some of the protests last season and would dearly love NW to leave the club as I cannot see him helping the team progress to where most of us would like them to be.  As to fan pressure, well the protests in themselves may not have made any difference, but the meeting organised by NCISA, added to the letters sent in with ticket renewals and the general atmosphere at games following the Ipswich home game must have had some impact.  Mike Walker''s sacking came as a shock to me and most people I know.  Yes he failed in getting us promoted, but in his favour he wasn''t able to concentrate on the job as his wife was ill. He, and the managers who immediately followed him didn''t have anything like the benefits the present manager has been afforded by the board.   I think for many years the supporters in general had a lot of faith in the board and had a lot to thank them for following the departure of Mr Chase.  As for him, yes, the case for protests etc then were a hundred times more relevant and important than getting rid of Mr Worthington. 

I found Jim Smith''s post extremely interesting and certainly amongst the city fans I know I would say at least 80% of them would like the manager to go.  That''s not to say we, or anyone else is right, or that the people who support him are wrong, how can you absolutely say 100% one way or the other that if he went things would improve straight away.  Perhaps they wouldn''t.  As I see it, he''s not the man to take us any further, he''s had six years and although we are higher in the league than when he joined us, considering the money he''s spent I personally would have hoped for more.  Tough to please, yes I am, and fed up of away day calamities, you bet!  If the board are swaying and wondering, then they have to make up their mind soon.  Parachute payments will end soon, I wonder if that is the real reason they are reluctant to boost the size of the squad?  Mediocrity?  Well another few seasons in this league will maybe spell it out for them.  Can they depend on everyone constantly renewing tickets.  Only time will tell. 

Blimey you''re brave admitting you were at the protests Gazza [:)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not going to accuse you of being dishonest Angel, but nobody is suggesting that people signed your list several times. The point is that they went off and signed other lists! It was openly discussed in here, but the campaign did nothing to stop it.

(Sitting down?) I agree with you about Hughes'' treatment at Southend. I thought he did ok till we all wilted in the last half hour. 

[/quote]

Angel - you forgot to reply to my point about different lists.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[either you''ve not been going very long .........

[/quote]

I have been supporting NCFC for over 40 years, through thick and thin, and WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO long after Worthington has gone.  Players, managers, chairmen come and go but the supporters are always there because they love their club. 

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How would I know if people signed my list and then went off and signed someone elses. I was well away from the ground, the others were all down the Barclay end and nearer the ground so I couldn''t see them from where I was standing.

As I said once it got to 2.45pm I went to the footy, when I got home I sent my lists to the worthyout website organisers and that was it.

Can we move on now please and enjoy this season?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How would I know if people signed my list and then went off and signed someone elses. I was well away from the ground, the others were all down the Barclay end and nearer the ground so I couldn''t see them from where I was standing.

As I said once it got to 2.45pm I went to the footy, when I got home I sent my lists to the worthyout website organisers and that was it.

Can we move on now please and enjoy this season?

[/quote]

So in other words, it may well have taken place and you didn''t do anything to stop it.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote] user="crisis?whatcrisis"]It goes without saying.  The team usually gets an enormous farewell after the final game.  It is the first time I have ever known the majority of fans go.  There could only be one reason the fans didn''t stay this time - Worthington.[/quote]

Only in your little WO world would you be able to draw ths conclusion. If its the first time you''ve known this to happen then either you''ve not been going very long or you''ve got a very short term memory (like a goldfish). I also note again that you''ve used the term ''majority'' without understanding its meaning.

Maybe they were all rushing home because they were Dr. Who fans, maybe they were the much taunted ''part time supporters'' or perhaps they were rushing home so that they could give us the benefit of their opinion on this message board. As you didn''t ask them why they were going you cannot speak for them so don''t.

[/quote] So you feel sorry for Charlie?

I feel sorry for you, pal.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

Can we stop this personal wrangle please? I''m sure it''s getting boring for everyone else and you aren''t going to agree.

Celia

[/quote]

Tring to secure acknowledgement that there were irregularities over the petition is an important issue - especially when WO claims that they have hundreds of fans that supported their case rather than the 26 who turned up.

It would be much quicker if they would just come clean, but every admission takes ages to drag out. I''d have thought as a journalist that you would want people to be held to account for what they have said and done - or am I naive?

I think the other person (was it City Angel?) has told you what she did, and that''s the end of her knowledge. As far as I understand she collected signatures, rather than organising the petition. Of course the issue is interesting, but I don''t think you''ll get any answers via this thread, which seems repetitive. But carry on if you want ...

Celia

"Gettin'' off the fence" - or is it "Gettin'' on Nigel''s defence?"

I signed the petition..........just the once mind you. Honest! 

Anyway, I suppose that you are surrounded by a plethora of ''true supporter''s'' who think that the board and Mr Worthington are doing a ''fine job!'' You don''t sit in the Dictator''s box do you? They have erected a rosey tinted glass screen across the front of it......apparently.

"Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Luvverly cottony wool clouds"

Do you also look through the large lenses - when using a pair of binoculars? "

I think the other person (was it City Angel?) has told you what she did, and that''s the end of her knowledge. As far as I understand she collected signatures, rather than organising the petition. Of course the issue is interesting, but I don''t think you''ll get any answers via this thread, which seems repetitive. But carry on if you want ...

Celia

[/quote]

Thankyou Celia, as I said yes I was one of many collecting signatures for the petition. As I then said I posted them on to one of the worthyout organisers and that was the end of my involvement.

If you want any more information speak to Meeky or Mark T on the worthyout website, they collected the petitions and posted the numbers up.

Thats my last post on petitions and protests GOTF.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Gettin'' off the fence" - or is it "Gettin'' on Nigel''s defence?"

I signed the petition..........just the once mind you. Honest! 

Anyway, I suppose that you are surrounded by a plethora of ''true supporter''s'' who think that the board and Mr Worthington are doing a ''fine job!'' You don''t sit in the Dictator''s box do you? They have erected a rosey tinted glass screen across the front of it......apparently.

"Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Luvverly cottony wool clouds"

Do you also look through the large lenses - when using a pair of binoculars? "

I''m not surprised to hear that you signed the petition Mello. Strangely, it confirms my belief about the intellectual maturity and grasp of reason of many (but not all) WO fans. I''m sure that you were quite at home with your fellow signatories.

[/quote]

Celia

[/quote]

If you check back though Celia, you will find that CA is being "economical with the truth." It was not the end of her involvement. Her role was to promote the petition in here and to recruit others to act as signature collectors. Trace this back and you will see that she had a greater role than she will now admit to.

The very fact that she, as an unashamed WOer, tries to distance herself from the petition is intriguing as well ...was there anything that she was uncomfortable about?... but that is just conjecture...