Sign in to follow this  
pitch fork

why do worthy outers come to carrow road?

i used to think norwich fans where a bred of people come rain or shine supported there team through thick and thin!

but there are obviously those who went let it drop that they belive worthy should be gone,there for are not supporting the team this people are irrelvant!

norwich are a club who have been through ups and downs and those ups and downs will happen again at this club(this is football)

the point im trying to make is how tedious is it going to be everytime we lose some sad twat comes on here and says worthy out?

if u dont want to support worthy dont come to carrow road.

we need positive fans at carrow road which we have done well at this season.

ps judge me on my opinion not my spelling!

Cos they get so much grief of the missus that a trip to Carrow Road to give grief to the manager is a bit of welcome relief  !!!

And every time a big fat dose of reality hits, there are people like you who post, who cannot see that the writing is on the wall and has been for a year.

I could not agree with you more pitch fork. I am and was one of the worthy outers and this season gave up my season ticket (which i had had for 23 years) Because i believe money talks and the only way the board will do anything about worthy is if people stop going to home games. I still go to away games, but have never booed our team off. I know i am in the minority of fans in taking this action, but if you are not happy about something then you have to make a stand rather than turn up and moan about worthy as you say pitch fork

Agree with both Pitvhfork and Irish Canary as both seem reasonable positions. What is really irksome are those that come and moan/ boo throughout the game. Everybody would be better off without them.

Irish Canary - as you seem one of the more reasonable "worthy outers" (the non-booing variety), is there any possibility that you would relent and return if (please note the "if") the early encouraging signs are sustained and developed upon? It would be a shame if you were to miss out if we were tobecome successful.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Agree with both Pitvhfork and Irish Canary as both seem reasonable positions. What is really irksome are those that come and moan/ boo throughout the game. Everybody would be better off without them.

Irish Canary - as you seem one of the more reasonable "worthy outers" (the non-booing variety), is there any possibility that you would relent and return if (please note the "if") the early encouraging signs are sustained and developed upon? It would be a shame if you were to miss out if we were tobecome successful.

[/quote]I wonder how many of last seasons booer’s are now behind whorty after our good start.

As somebody who would like a change at the top I would like to point out that you can not be dissatisfied with the manager and still be a Norwich City fan. I never boo or protest. My interest is what is best for my club. My belief is a different manager would bring in new ideas new players and a fresh start. This is not a negative opinion in my eyes. It is my opinion and it is my right. Is that a reason for me to stop supporting Norwich and to stop renewing my season ticket which I have done for 25 years through thick and thin. I don''t think so. Opinion is the difference between a dictatorship and democracy. I love my football club and will never stop going to CR.

Almost right Hardhouse. It’s beng allowed to express an opinion that’s the difference between a dictatorship and a democracy which, thank God, we are all still able to do on this board

Hardhouse - You talk alot of sense and i read and agree with most of what you say.  But please don''t feel the need to have to reiterate your loyalty self as a fan just because you don''t like the the manager of this football club and would like him replaced.  You''re just heeding to the "bully brigade on here". 

Noone but noone has to justify their support to anybody else on this message board.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Hardhouse - You talk alot of sense and i read and agree with most of what you say.  But please don''t feel the need to have to reiterate your loyalty self as a fan just because you don''t like the the manager of this football club and would like him replaced.  You''re just heeding to the "bully brigade on here". 

Noone but noone has to justify their support to anybody else on this message board.

[/quote]Thank you. I just get a little ticked off when just because you don''t think everything in the garden is rosy your told your not a true fan. I go despite my dissatisfaction. We need to keep united as fans whilst supporting our great team. After that debate and opinion is always good and after all what a bore this forum would be if we all agreed all the time. I do however take offence when illiterate half wits question my or your or anybody’s loyalty and right to support OUR team.

Cheers Sussex.

Because they support the Canaries through thick and thin in the long run. But that does not mean that they have to accept mediocrity or worse without complaint. They have decided, after a few years of saying, "Give him 10 more games!",  that there is no long term future under the ptresent policies and personnel. The KTF group feel that somehow things will come good again. The WO group feel that on the basis of the immediate past the future is decline, and that only a major change could prevent it. Each should be entitled to their opinion without rancour and name-calling.

My own feeling is that time is not on our side and that another poor season, from injuries and a minute squad, or whatever, could find  the WO group not renewing season tickets. If this happens, it is difficult to see how how a recovery could occur, unless a wealthy benefactor stumps up some cash. Do the KTF group really want to "bar" the WOs when it comes round to ticket renewals, and thus plunge the club into financial straits worse than now?

Salopian - there is no "KTF group" - it''s just that a lot of people are not so fanatical about getting rid of Worthy as the Worthy Out group which did (does it still?) exist.

I hope that things come good again. But if we don''t make a decent stab at promotion this year and show real signs of progress, I expect Worthington will get sacked. Nobody wants to bar fans for their opinions - even if their understanding of political philosophy is as weak as their understanding of the realities of football.

However, on a personal level, I feel that many fans get sick of loudmouthed "know-it-alls" who criticise every action the team takes during games. I am not talking normal frustration but a constant barrage of ill-informed abuse. Perhaps you don''t get any where you sit, but there is one about 3 rows behind me who drives everybody mad with his loud stupidity.

If it wasn''t for the fact that he is 20 years younger, much stronger looking, six inches taller and almost certainly braver than me, I would  do something about it! I would welcome it if he didn''t come to games.

I also think we would be better off with those who still have their Worthy Out banners at the ready, waiting for the chance of another protest or to forge another petition. The board will sack Worthington if we do badly this year without any encouragement from them. Personally, I think that they have let their dislike of Worthington override their care for the club - and some have almost admitted as much.

Hardhouse - if you don''t boo, organise protests or falsify petitions, I have no problem whatsoever with you or your stance.

You may well prove to be right. As I have said in another post, this "KTF group" nonsense is a gross oversimplification. I just don''t want to see some of the things that happened last year which I think brought discredit to the club, and don''t like the way that some who express a contrary opinion are treated in this room by "worthy outers" - thats all.

Hardhouse - if you don''t boo, organise protests or falsify petitions, I have no problem whatsoever with you or your stance.

You may well prove to be right. As I have said in another post, this "KTF group" nonsense is a gross oversimplification. I just don''t want to see some of the things that happened last year which I think brought discredit to the club, and don''t like the way that some who express a contrary opinion are treated in this room by "worthy outers" - thats all.

[/quote]

I''ve never booed a Norwich player , have never organised a protest or falsified any petitions yet you have a problem with me!!

ITS INTERESTING THE SOME PEOPLE HAVE LEFT CARROW ROAD DUE TO HAVIN NO FAITH IN WORTHY,SO RATHER BOO THE SIDE THEY FEEL ITS BEST NOT TO GO TO HOME GAMES

THATS BRILLANT,THAT IS AWESOME SUPPORT IN MANY WAYS IF EVERY WORTHY OUTER THOUGHT LIKE THIS MAN CARROW ROAD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE.

HOW DO WORTHY OUTERS FEEL ABOUT THIS?

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH GETTING OFF THE FENCE,SO NO NEED FOR ME TO WRITE ANYMORE 

I am part off the Worthy Out brigade as you call us. I don''t agree with what Worthington is doing but, he is only a puppet, a spokesperson for the club when he has to be interviewed by the media. All this season''s good work goes to the coaching staff and Doncaster for releasing the funds to buy the ''player'' for this campaign.

I don''t wish to come to Carrow Road because of the current situation and have returned my season ticket. I am an original Barclay Boy of the standing variety yet, because of my disability, I cannot sit for long periods. I go to the away games when the pain isn''t too much trouble. I do not boo the players because my gripe is with the management only. It is the KTF''ers who cause the trouble because they forget they live in a democracy. It is their comfort zone that is being threatened and are socially challenged to not cause a stir. They resort to snide spitting and threats of harm. When a blast from one of my syringes will immobilize them for the rest of the day. I sometimes wonder who is disabled them or me.

So, the next time you here a call for Worthington''s head. Think! It may be someone crying out in pain. The pain of having to sit there and the pain having to endure on the way home.

While the current set up remains we will never see Europe again, let alone the Premiership!

Salopian - there is no "KTF group" - it''s just that a lot of people are not so fanatical about getting rid of Worthy as the Worthy Out group which did (does it still?) exist.

I hope that things come good again. But if we don''t make a decent stab at promotion this year and show real signs of progress, I expect Worthington will get sacked. Nobody wants to bar fans for their opinions - even if their understanding of political philosophy is as weak as their understanding of the realities of football.

However, on a personal level, I feel that many fans get sick of loudmouthed "know-it-alls" who criticise every action the team takes during games. I am not talking normal frustration but a constant barrage of ill-informed abuse. Perhaps you don''t get any where you sit, but there is one about 3 rows behind me who drives everybody mad with his loud stupidity.

If it wasn''t for the fact that he is 20 years younger, much stronger looking, six inches taller and almost certainly braver than me, I would  do something about it! I would welcome it if he didn''t come to games.

I also think we would be better off with those who still have their Worthy Out banners at the ready, waiting for the chance of another protest or to forge another petition. The board will sack Worthington if we do badly this year without any encouragement from them. Personally, I think that they have let their dislike of Worthington override their care for the club - and some have almost admitted as much.

[/quote]

I, and I am sure everyone on here, knows a loud mouthed fan as you have described.  In fact where I used to sit (in the South Stand of old) we had one individual who constantly slatted Mark Rivers, even before the game had started.  It got so bad I turned round and told him if he didn''t like watching the team don''t bother turning up.  He then called a steward over and I was "asked" to leave.  Which I did, along with my family.  I then changed our seats.  No problem then as ground wasn''t full. 

I saw last season, dire football, discontent etc and yes it''s not nice, but part of human nature.  I don''t have any faith in the current manager, but still go along and support my team as I have done for a good many years.  When we play well I cheer and sing along, When we do badly I try and support and encourage.  I have never in over 35 years booed a player, but have discussed their merits with those around me and other supporters after the game. 

As for Worthington, personally I don''t think he''s up to the job, and if we don''t improve this season, his job will become untenable.  I still wish to go along to support my team, despite my reservations over the manager.   

I don''t support individuals, I support the club. Your point is massivly flawed in that you seem to consider Worthy as "The club" which is riddiculus as no one person at the club constitutes or is more important than "The Club". I don''t believe people should have to be in favour of a manager to come the club or be considered supporters, imagine if Tony blair said "support me or you''ll be chucked out of the country" its madness. This post stinks of more elitest fan rubbish and I would rather those kind of fans didn''t come to carrow road. What you are basically suggesting is a dictatorship and I certainly won''t accept it.I will always support the club no matter what, but it dosn''t mean I have to support the manager. We have done ok for a start to the season but after seeing every game so far I still think we will struggle to make the play offs.

[/quote]Where do you sit fence, just out of curiosity?

[quote user="pitch fork"]

SO NO NEED FOR ME TO WRITE ANYMORE 

[/quote]Thank god for small mercies....... but next time you do consider to post take a moment to learn some netiquette before you do post

ITS INTERESTING THE SOME PEOPLE HAVE LEFT CARROW ROAD DUE TO HAVIN NO FAITH IN WORTHY,SO RATHER BOO THE SIDE THEY FEEL ITS BEST NOT TO GO TO HOME GAMES

THATS BRILLANT,THAT IS AWESOME SUPPORT IN MANY WAYS IF EVERY WORTHY OUTER THOUGHT LIKE THIS MAN CARROW ROAD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE.

HOW DO WORTHY OUTERS FEEL ABOUT THIS?

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH GETTING OFF THE FENCE,SO NO NEED FOR ME TO WRITE ANYMORE 

[/quote]

I feel you should shove your pitch fork where the sun dont shine

I support the club not one person.

I do not particulary like the chap dressed as a Clown but he seems to keep the kids happy with his balloon models.

Does this mean until I can learn to love every person associated with NCFC I cannot go to matches?

listern pitch.

iam pi**ed off with peopl like you , who come on here shouting about not going to carrow road, not a real supporter.

i have had a season ticket at carrow road for over 30 years. i love norwich city.

i support norwich city 100% . but i do not support nigel worthington, imo he is not the man for our team. ( i may be right i may be wrong ).

i pay my money, i am intitled to my opinion.

just because its not the same as yours, does not mean i dont support the team.

i go to carrow road and i am positive. so get over it.

Because I dont like worthy does that make me a tw*t? if thats the case you need to be very careful as people can sue you for slander! if you dont like people debating ALL things norwich then maybe you should go elsewhere. i dont like him but i still love norwich city but thats not enough in your eyes is it?

I don''t care what the KTF brigade may say about who the WOs are. I have been going home and away every week for several seasons now and know all the regular faces who are the people i would consider to be our most hardcore support. Of that support i can tell you that they are overwhelmingly opposed to Nigel Worthington.

The truth is that the Worthington out brigade are the most loyal and vocal fans that NCFC has and it is precisely because we care that we are prepared to stand up and make our point to the club. I for one have found it immensely painful to see the way that the club has wasted a genuine opportunity to re-establish itself in the top flight over the last 3 seasons and to see the same mistakes made over and over again by a manager who has shown himself to be incompetent in many ways

That is why we are so vocal in our protests. not because we want the club to fail but because we believe the club can do better than it is and is being held back at the moment.

i used to think norwich fans where a bred of people come rain or shine supported there team through thick and thin!

if u dont want to support worthy dont come to carrow road.

[/quote] I have to disagree here with your last point. I''m firmly with you on the fact that there''s nothing to be gained in coming to Carrow Road and shouting negative comments at the team or Worthy. However why do we have to be a fan of Nige to come to a game?? I''m a Worthy outer in the sense that I believe we would be better off without him and that someone else would take us forward in a more impressive manner. However I went to the game on saturday and sung my heart out. I was behind the team 110% and shouted no comments about Worthy out despite believing that to be best for the club deep down and despite the awful performance. Now if you''re saying the club would be better off without my support then I think there would be a large number of fans who had to stop going to games who held similar views!

It''s a difficult situation to be in believing the club would be better off without the manager yet wanting to be behind the team 100%. Support the manager and see Worthy gradually pull our club down or get 100% behind the team and let the manager and directors think we''re all happy at the situation!? What would you do?

(I haven''t bothered to explain here why I think Worthy should go because there are now so many reasons it would take all day and I know everyone is getting sick and tired of all the Worthy in/out debates) What I want to impress on you though is that it''s possible to be a Worthy outer without signing negative comments at the game, without bringing down the team and being 100% behind the lads on the pitch.

City Angel said "I''ve never booed a Norwich player , have never organised a protest or falsified any petitions yet you have a problem with me!!"

Sorry Angel, but you were right at the heart of the petition fiasco as anybody who can be bothered to check previous postings can tell. You came in here and said how anybody who cared "one tiny little bit " about the club would sign.

Along with 20,000+ others, Ididn''t. As a result, you crew resorted to falsifying the petition. I am not saying that you personally did it, or even approved of their actions, but you knew it was happening and did nothing to stop it or denounce the petition.

gazzathegreat - I don''t think we are far removed in our views. However, becuase we don''t boo etc we would be regarded by a vocal minority in here as "KTFs."

Jim Smith sums up thier view point quite well.

1. The WO are the most loyal fans

2.It is their loyalty that drives them into being "so vocal in their protests."

I really find it astonishing they believe that this helps our cause. Was it the booing of fans that led to, for example, Ken Brown''s or Mike Waker 2''s sacking? Did "fan-power" drive out Bruce Rioch? Alternatively was it just that the board got fed up with "mediocrity." (Please don''t cite Robert Chase as this is very different from sacking a manager.)