Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

NEGATIVE POSTS

All the negativity on this board is beginning to seriously depress me. I dont understand why some people on here (who are allowed their own opinions i realise) are constantly posting negative thoughts and consistently blaming everything on worthy, and calling for him to go.

Ok , there are some negatives, away results, (most performances have been ok) and the small squad. The southend collapse was hardly worthys fault although i do question some of his substitutions. The squad size isntworthys entire fault either, i do believ ethere are perhaps players he could and should have signed but alot of it is down to funds, the boards consent, the player wanting to come here. Norwich is hardly party central (not some peoples cup of tea), other clubs may be a preffered choice.

There is plenty to be positive about you, earnshaws goals, croft and etuhu''s emergence, 100% record at home, 2nd roung of league cup, 5th in the lague, we''ve now scored away etc etc.

Be POSITIVE

OTBC

This would get very dull if we all just sat around posting how wonderful everything is and agree all the time. Internet forums are a coming together of people with their own view, which are up for discussion. As long as we can do so in a manner that does not offend each other personally I thinks it all good.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]This would get very dull if we all just sat around posting how wonderful everything is and agree all the time. [/quote]

It also gets very boring reading to you and others constantly negative posts. When i have something negative to say i''ll usually say it, at the moment positives outweigh the neagatives in my opinion.

Everyone accepts that we have made a good start at home this season, although on two occasions out of three we have needed mistakes by defenders to start us going! Everyone al accepts that we have played good football on occasions, for periods bordering on delightful football, and that one or two players are now proving to be something of a relevation!What worries many is the very fragile confidence which the players seem to have, -how quickly the confidence is punctured, and how dire the team have been on occasions. The better play is not maintained, and until it is it is diffcult to think of promotionAll is not right, for whatever reason, and we could each suggest reasons for the malaise. I am sorry that you are depressed, but those of us with concerns about the club we have supported for years, -concerns which do not seem to be appreciated by the Board or managment, do not want to live in a false optimism which pretends that these problems do not exist. Apart from the odd Portaloo Road supporter, and they are odd, most of us contribute here because we love the club and we are dismayed by what has happened for the past two seasons. Please bear with us, as we must bear with the over-optismistic. I do not like the name-calling and the dismissal of those with different views. We ought to be able to discuss successes and failures, strengths and weaknesses, without any of this.

Right well that is your opinion as you say. But your not in charge of everybody and you not in charge of this message board. What do you want us to talk about players hair cut the new shirts. Seriously debate is only any good when it is passionate and means something.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I believe the phrase is "light and shade", HH.  Some of your better posts have this, the same can be said for me and anyone else.[/quote]AGREED

OTBC

What do i want people talk about?

I think thats pretty clear, positive things a bit more. I have listed a number in my original post and there are many more. I''m not saying that there shouldnt be any negative posts, because there are things to be negative. My problem is that a negative post is started on here so frequentley, a post that has been said 100 times before and has the same message.Sack worthy and blaming everything on him. I dont mind debate, i have nothing against people who want worthy out, the world would be dull if we all had the same feelings.

Agreed Matt. I have nothing against WOs but got annoyed last year when people used this site to try to orchestrate the campaign against Worthy, including some who now affect memory loss about some of the things they said about those that disagreed.

However, in the vast majority of cases, it is an honestly held opinion and the debate can be interesting. I prefer it when it does not denigrate into personal abuse however.

I take your point Matt and feel that too many posts are turned around into "Worthy Out" threads without any real need to.  On the other hand, people who make constructive comments about the club or players are instantly branded as "disloyal" and "boo-boys".

At the end of the day though, its a message board and its up to people what they say and how others respond.  You are going to get good points, bad points, people sitting on the fence and people who don''t really care.   That''s freedom of speech for you.

this is distressing why are we all so negative and why do we all want to talk about worthy so much?

norwich and worthy will sort this out

lets get the togetherness back

on the ball city.................

norwich for prem

now thats positive

You have to expect this though. All football fans are quick to moan when things aren''t going well. It''s kind of catching! Someone has a moan and we all join in! Part and parcel of supporting a club I suppose! Don''t agree with so much negativity but good luck in stopping it!! ;-)

I think Jay M has hit the nail on the head. IMHO there should be a separate forum covering the "Worthy debate", too many people turn posts in the main forum around to that debate and the original thread is lost, equally too many people are quick to throw insults around (anti club, disloyal etc) when a perfectly reasonable and constructive point is posted.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]There is plenty to be positive about you, earnshaws goals, croft and etuhu''s emergence, 100% record at home, 2nd roung of league cup, 5th in the lague, we''ve now scored away etc etc.[/quote]

Well I hardly think that a grand total of 7 positives is much to get over excited about

Furthermore, two of your "positives" (100% home record, 5th in the League) went down the swanny on Saturday. If a third (2nd round of League Cup) doesn''t go the same way tomorrow night it will only be a matter of time before it does.

That just leaves us with 4 positives then -

1. Earnshaws goals, which could dry up at anytime.

2. The "emergence" of Etuhu - form is temporary, class, or in this case lack of it, is permanent.

3. I don''t really call 3 goals in one away game out of 4 a positive, especially when we are the only team that has failed to score, let alone win, at Elland Road this season.

4. Croft - promising I''ll agree, but the jury is still out.

I would list all the negatives but my keyboard wouldn''t cope with the pressure.

Its difficult to do in practice tough SOB - everything on pitch has a direct link to the manager;  otherwise why have one?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I think Jay M has hit the nail on the head. IMHO there should be a separate forum covering the "Worthy debate", too many people turn posts in the main forum around to that debate and the original thread is lost, equally too many people are quick to throw insults around (anti club, disloyal etc) when a perfectly reasonable and constructive point is posted.

[/quote]

Agreed. It also leads people to over simple understanding of what is quite a complex issue.

In that case i don''t think you''ll find this football message board a lot different from the majority of others.  Most supporters, me included use them as a veichle to vent anger and dissatisfaction at what is going on at their respective clubs. When things are going well i tend to just stay quite and whistle a happy tune !! 

Yes, saturdays performance worried by considerably. I wasnt expecting such a poor inept home performance and itr does leave me wondering why i was so positive 5 days ago. Then again, we''re still in touch and for the moment at least i wont be shouting worthy out. I repeat for the moment, becasue we cannot except a continuing bad run, we cannot afford to drop right away from the pack with no plan B.

OTBC