Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Brian Robson's departure from West Brom

In the statement issued by West Brom announcing that Brian Robson had this morning left the club by " mutual consent " Chairman Jeremy Peace said :

" In view of the results since early 2006 it''s been decided that a change is necessary if the club is to achieve it''s aims. This is a very important time for the club with promotion a priority and the best way forward is to make a change ".

A knee-jerk reaction some might say but at least West Brom are taking some decisive action from an overall position somewhat better than the Canaries find themselves in right now.

My son remarked pointedly, " that''s from a team that sit one place and one point above us ".

Too much to hope that something similar may happen at Carrow Road in the not too distant future ? Don''t hold your breath ......

The difference is that they''ve done it after being back in the Championship for just 8 games. We''ve had to endure a whole season + 8 games and still the penny hasn''t dropped.

Oops... Just posted a new topic on this before reading the board properly!On the face of it, it seems that West Brom have made a very hasty decision... especially seeing as their results haven''t even been THAT bad (they''re certainly above where we were 12 months ago)... My guess is that they already have a new manager up their sleeves.Worthington... I''ve never been in the WO camp, but I start to feel that maybe last Xmas would have been an opportune time for him to leave for his own sake. We''ve been blessed at Norwich in the last 10 years that our managers have all jumped ship before they needed to be forced out. I can see another season similar to last, and then Worthy leaving by "mutual consent" come May.

Last season I was "Worthy Outer".... this season I''ve been a "Support the team, sit on the fence and hope he prove me wrong-er". Now I''m a "Keep Worthy for as long as it takes for Robson to get another job-er"

[quote user="ob1"]

Last season I was "Worthy Outer".... this season I''ve been a "Support the team, sit on the fence and hope he prove me wrong-er". Now I''m a "Keep Worthy for as long as it takes for Robson to get another job-er"

[/quote]

I will certainly be joining that faction!! [:D]

I wouldn''t want him at Carrow Road whether Worthy is still here or not.

Will Worthington make the West Brom shortlist ? it would be a first for him ...no chance whatsoever no other club would even look at him .

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

a strong board who are not afraid to make a tough decision.

wish we had one that was as clear in its ambition.

[/quote]

Yes but ....  the big question is  ,  will it work ?   should be interesting   to watch   the fortunes of Brom    , who they get as the next manager , what he does when he`s in charge  , how much dosh he`ll  get  ,  etc etc ..... because   this just might  be the marker   both the camps can hang their hats on  ?  

As I always tell my teams I would rather people made a decision and some times it it go wrong and some times it pay of than procrastinate - that latter always cost money and very rarely improves things.

Chage isnt something to be scared of.

West Brom have a proactive board for the good of the club, whereas NCFC have a naive old woman who thinks doing nothing is always the best option.

Delia Out!

Oh come, come the good lady has put a lot of her own money into the club and there is no need to be personal about her age. Loyalty is generally considered to be a good trait and we must not condem her for that.

I think what Delia needs alongside her is a Director of  Premiership quality and experiance. She has a fine marketing guy who has sold out  the stadium for both last season and this, another fine guy who has helped sell out all the land that Chase bought on advantageous deals but she just does not have anyone about her who really knows football other than Worthington. Thats why he is still there and why he attends Board Meetings.

We should try and find suitable non-executive footballing directors who really no their stuff and offer Delia a list to choose from. Lets be positive and aim to get Worthington some footballing competition at the Board Meetings.