Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

worthy out or not

The trouble is the board havent got the guts to sack Worthy, BUT, I have heard that Worthy is going "upstairs" at the end of the season and Martin Hunter is taking over. I cannot commit to the source but it is fairly reliable. The other point is there was money in the transfer window and Worthy spent virtually jack **** only going in for players with a few hours to go.  (good management...NOT!!!) We were beaten on sat by a player who came off the bench which cost CP 2.5 million. That to me is a manager with ambition, unlike ours.

I put a letter in the pinkun a few years ago saying that to accumulate you have to speculate, like when we let Hucks go back to Man City then to sign him., and that statement still stands today. It proves that because of the amount of 1st team shirts that are vacant.

West Brom have parted company with Robson today after 8 games this season and we still put up with this minger.

To sum up we have a manager with no ambition or a clue what it takes anymore........ SO DO EVERYONE A FAVOUR AND GO.

OUT!!!

We gave him all his chances last season and look where it has got us.  We are just pouring oil on water.

[quote user="njscanary"]

The trouble is the board havent got the guts to sack Worthy, BUT, I have heard that Worthy is going "upstairs" at the end of the season and Martin Hunter is taking over. I cannot commit to the source but it is fairly reliable. The other point is there was money in the transfer window and Worthy spent virtually jack **** only going in for players with a few hours to go.  (good management...NOT!!!) We were beaten on sat by a player who came off the bench which cost CP 2.5 million. That to me is a manager with ambition, unlike ours.

I put a letter in the pinkun a few years ago saying that to accumulate you have to speculate, like when we let Hucks go back to Man City then to sign him., and that statement still stands today. It proves that because of the amount of 1st team shirts that are vacant.

West Brom have parted company with Robson today after 8 games this season and we still put up with this minger.

To sum up we have a manager with no ambition or a clue what it takes anymore........ SO DO EVERYONE A FAVOUR AND GO.

[/quote]

It doesn''t take guts to sack a manager. Quite the opposite - it takes guts to stick with one during difficult times, when there is a vocal minority calling for his head.

They are backing their judgement rather than caving in under pressure. I can''t see how this can be potrayed as weakness, even if you don''t like the decision.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

A) Things are not automatically going to change for the better by removing the manager

B) My initial thoughts is that the manager should get another 5 games

[/quote]

A) We have tried NOT removing the manager  and things have not got any better. The Board has relied on prayers for far too long, are they now to put their faith in miracles. There are are worthier people in this world deserving miracles than a moribund Board.

B) Cunning, Eccles, very cunning. Give Wortington enough rope and he will hang himself.

Out now!!!!   Please just go Worthy, Thanks for the good times, and good luck.   Just GO.

Lets face it, even if, (and its a BIG if) he managed to fluke us up, he''s not the man to build a side capable of maintaining a Prem position. Let him walk now and leave Norwich to build. Rather another year or two consolidating and constructing a stable side in this division than a week in week out thrashing fest in another one off visit to the promised land.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

No question.

Relegation places if it means getting rid of this clown.

[/quote]

you are obviously not a true supporter . why in hell would you want this club to be in relegation posisting place, yes worthy do need 2 go but that is just taking it too far. 

[quote user="city-till-i-die "][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

No question.

[/quote]

you are obviously not a true supporter . why in hell would you want this club to be in relegation posisting place, yes worthy do need 2 go but that is just taking it too far. 

[/quote]

Nope that''s right.You got it in one.

I''m not a true supporter.

I just come on here for the sheer hell of it because I am so bored and I have nothing else to do.

I just spend £40 on the shirts, many a season since 1994 or so, just so I can use them to wipe my arse with.

I have season review after season review, but I don''t watch them, they''re just on my shelf for show and to take up a bit of space, can''t have empty spaces you see.

I know the history of the club in great detail, which is somewhat odd, because I am not a true supporter. I must have supported them in a past life or something, a sense of deja vu, you could say.

I used to goto many a game in the mid to late 90s, but these were just a time filler. I had no intention of watching Norwich play. I used to just stumble into the ground, because I am not a true supporter.

[quote user="city-till-i-die "][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

No question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

S/He is one of several who take a similar stance. Some of the most agitated posters no longer go to matches. To some ion here getting rid of Worthington is a higher priority than the teams success on the pitch. (For the record, this does not apply to all WO, some of whom are genuine and have the clubs best intentions at heart).

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="city-till-i-die "][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

No question.

[/quote]

[/quote]

S/He is one of several who take a similar stance. Some of the most agitated posters no longer go to matches. To some ion here getting rid of Worthington is a higher priority than the teams success on the pitch. (For the record, this does not apply to all WO, some of whom are genuine and have the clubs best intentions at heart).

[/quote]

What a pile of nappy cack Fency........

You cannot substantiate your comments. Now, stop being clever with yourself - you''re comin'' down to my level.......You, and the "it''s only a blip brigade" are in a minority chum - and you know it! Oh sorry! I can''t substantiate my retort.........I''ll just pretend it''s true anyway......because it sounds plausible - therefore, I''ll perceive that I''m telling the truth......See! It''s really easy to make things up!  Your turn! [8-|]      ;~) 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]That''s right, he brought in one good new player. Terrific. That''s about as effective as trying to extinguish a factory fire with a water pistol.[/quote]

Good analogy - however, you failed to address the point I made, which was that Sunderland had new money, and could afford to bring in 6 new players.

We cannot afford to have quality players sitting on the bench all season.  For whatever reason, the money isnt'' there for us to do that.  Changing the manager won''t change that.

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish.

he was approved for 2 million for Coterill so why couldnt he buy 3 or 4 squad players for the same money.

Other managers do it all the time with much less money.

There is no evidence that he has ever been denied a target by the board, seems like he is just not good at finding players.

When he does go in for somebody its always at the last minute.

Munby said we would bring multiple players to the club, that doesnt sound like Worthy has been denied money.

We need a better "manager" who can improve our youth system and buy on a budget. As well as actually win more than a few away games

I think its unlikely that anyone really wants to be in the position where they call for the manager''s head. That''s not our way and I don''t recall anything like this tide of opinion against a manager ever before, even when Ken Brown had us near the bottom of the old First Division and we suffered two relegations in the 80s.

The problem in this case is that we just don''t seem to be getting any further under Worthington and we lurch from a win to a defeat to a draw, doing only just enough to keep his job but only fleeting glimpses of any hope: the two instances being the mini-spell of decent football cumlminating in the Barnsley win and the run last Christmas where we won 5 in a row.

I hate disliking a Norwich City Manager, but I have simply lost faith in his judgement and decision making. I don''t enjoy witnessing this division between fans either as some of it is petulent, narrow minded and abusive.

I want the best for my club. I came to my own decision after witnessing a terribly poor attempt in the Premiership which I found embarrassing and a catalogue of mistakes since then. I don''t like it, but that''s where I am. And I would love the situation to be sorted straight away to rejuvenate this club and bring the joy, excitement and pleasure back to seeing a colourful packed and happy house at Carrow Road.

A) We have tried NOT removing the manager  and things have not got any better. The Board has relied on prayers for far too long, are they now to put their faith in miracles. There are are worthier people in this world deserving miracles than a moribund Board.

B) Cunning, Eccles, very cunning. Give Wortington enough rope and he will hang himself.

Just to restate the obvious  -  I remain in favour of a change of leadership for the good of my club,  I just dont think the club share my view nor have the desire to take that decision.

[quote]he was approved for 2 million for Coterill so why couldnt he buy 3 or 4 squad players for the same money.[/quote]

You must know the bloke that signs the paperwork or something, as the club haven''t published what they were going to pay.  Wigans'' published figure for buying Cotterill was 2 million.  Norwich were quoted in the Bristol local press as offering "around 1 million" for Cotterill.  You know as little as I do about the amount we were going to pay, but I''d suggest that Wigans'' figure was substantially higher than ours.  We could perhaps have bought 2 or 3 players with that million, but would they have been competing for the first team, or would they have been bench warmers ?  You know, the kind of player you''d label a journeyman ?

[quote]Munby said we would bring multiple players to the club, that doesnt sound like Worthy has been denied money.[/quote]

Munby also said that we could have afforded 1 million for Steve Howard, which is what Derby paid, but that the board had come to the conclusion that the player wasn''t worth the money.  Both Worthington and Adam Drury made public statements over the summer, expressing concern about the lack of money being available for transfers.  This leaves me with the impression that the board have prevented Worthington buying in the players he wants, however, you are entitled to your opinion.

[quote]We need a better "manager" who can improve our youth system and buy on a budget. As well as actually win more than a few away games[/quote]

Oh, well, that''s simple then, a better "manager".  Now you''ve put it in quotes it''s obvious.  A better "manager".  Anyone in mind ?

Its difficult to work out what the club think Zipper- never have they come out to say that things must improve or they will take action. However Delia does seem to have become more and more elusive apart from the odd big interview. I personally think that the last thing we want or need is for any public ultimatums. I suspect that if it happens it will be quick and the first we hear of any board level view will be the day he leaves "by mutual consent". Note that the comments of the WBA chief were interesting- he complained of results since January 2006 but we could complain of results since August 2005 or even August 2004.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]That''s right, he brought in one good new player. Terrific. That''s about as effective as trying to extinguish a factory fire with a water pistol.[/quote]

Good analogy - however, you failed to address the point I made, which was that Sunderland had new money, and could afford to bring in 6 new players.

We cannot afford to have quality players sitting on the bench all season.  For whatever reason, the money isnt'' there for us to do that.  Changing the manager won''t change that.

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish.

he was approved for 2 million for Coterill so why couldnt he buy 3 or 4 squad players for the same money.

Other managers do it all the time with much less money.

There is no evidence that he has ever been denied a target by the board, seems like he is just not good at finding players.

When he does go in for somebody its always at the last minute.

Munby said we would bring multiple players to the club, that doesnt sound like Worthy has been denied money.

We need a better "manager" who can improve our youth system and buy on a budget. As well as actually win more than a few away games

[/quote]aide got watford up last year on free transfers.  dave jones did a great job at cardiff with loans/frees - he''s lost koumas & jerome, 2 big players in the summer, but proved he''s no fluke by wheeling and dealing to take cardiff to the top of the league. meanwhile, we got one player in.

[quote]meanwhile, we got one player in[/quote]

...and last season you would have been complaining about "all the rubbish signings", like Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes, who apparently aren''t all that rubbish after all, and just needed a bit of coaching.

You pay your money, so you''re entitled to moan I guess...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]meanwhile, we got one player in[/quote]

...and last season you would have been complaining about "all the rubbish signings", like Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes, who apparently aren''t all that rubbish after all, and just needed a bit of coaching.

You pay your money, so you''re entitled to moan I guess...

[/quote]sorry to see you''ve lumped me into a generalisation blah - creating untruths about me that you''ve fabricated for your own self-serving purposes in an attempt to put me in your shadow.  apparently in your view, my right to give considered reason and argument is construed as a ''moan'' -  and on the basis that i had the audacity to think freely for myself, i must have been moaning all last season about worthy''s signings only for them to prove me wrong over the summer. i don''t need to make up stuff about you to feel good about myself blah. i actually like who i am thanks.

So you weren''t one of many that were complaining about the signings of pre-season last season ?  If you weren''t I sincerely and abjectly apologise for any offence, intentional or otherwise caused.

[quote]i don''t need to make up stuff about you to feel good about myself blah. i actually like who i am thanks[/quote]

Awfully well done on that, you must be very proud of who you are.

blahblahblah - when are you going to stop blahing.  Take your blinkers and rose coloured glasses off. 

as soon as results start going right again you will all be fine with him.... its not his fault in my opinion he wants players its the boards lack of ambition which is our undoing!!!