Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Nothings changed (a look back)

Some of u might remember my thred entilted the same thing after the Northants friendly, at the time my post was rebuked by some on here after a promising pre season and the first few games of the campaign.

However, it has become apparent in the past few matches that, infact, Nothing has changed whatsoever. the Defence cannot stop goals, the Strikers dont get service, the midfield is lightweight. Worthington refuses to take the blame or change the system, infact he just relies on the "it will all come good in the end" manifest that he has used in the past few seasons.

The board hasnt addressed the issue of getting in new players, again this is to do with Nigel as much as with the board, Waiting until the 11th hour to snap someone up in the hope its cut price is stupid, it is relying on an element of lady luck to make sure any deal goes through.

the 5 players that were sold/released (including Leon) have not been replaced, most of those players we knew or (in the case of Greeno) had a feeling that their days were numbered. Worthington and the board allowed these players to be released, no one was bought in,  despite the fact other clubs were signing players, our manager, chief exec and board members wre instead sunning themsleves on a beach with Cocktails watching Zidane nut Materazzi completely oblivious to the fact their rivals werre working on getting peopel in EARLY. to cover their backs in the event of injury

on the pitch we lack Direction, without Hucks we have no outlet for our play, we are sorely lacking in all areas. Teams know if they stop Croft/Hucks then they stop Norwich. Why? because our management team, Hunter, Dippy Doug, Worthy and ''Ticket office'' Webb dont have a clue. the ball is pumped up to 5''0 Earnshaw as 6''3 centerback just muscles him easily out of the way and puts us under pressure again.

What now? the answer is that Norwich City football club has to start again. the boards lack of ambition and lack of action, plus its head in the sand attitude has led to us becoming a laughing Stock. the fact we have a manager who is out of his depth doesnt help.

We need a clean sweep, Nigel, Doug, Hunter, Webb and the board (yes even Delia and Michael) need to take a good long look at the clubs decline over the past 3 years, at the money wasted, at the product failing, the discontent of the customers... and must decide whteher or not they can continue in this vein? The club is spiralling downwards rapidly and the way to go is for all the current rtegime to go.. Delia and michael to walk away, new owners to come in and a new management team...then, we will become the team we know we can be.

Worthy (and the board) out!

jas :)

This is an absolutely crazy thread! What would happen to the club if we wake up tomorrow morning and all those people are gone?? You suggest no alternatives whatsoever!

its a Football club.. it will be bought.. if Delia smith was to go tommorow then someone else would come in.. no problem.

No club has gone to the wall since the ITV digital collapse, Why? because theres money in football, even in League 2, and people see the opportunity to invest

excellent post jas but the usual suspects talk crap that nothing is wrong! if we could only find someone to buy delia out it could be the start of something good!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its a Football club.. it will be bought.. if Delia smith was to go tommorow then someone else would come in.. no problem.

No club has gone to the wall since the ITV digital collapse, Why? because theres money in football, even in League 2, and people see the opportunity to invest

[/quote]

Jas, are you saying that our club would be better off if Delia, the rest of the board, Worthy and all the coaching staff all just left the club overnight and left to chance what would happen? Cuz thats how it reads to me!

[quote user="baldyboy"]excellent post jas but the usual suspects talk crap that nothing is wrong! if we could only find someone to buy delia out it could be the start of something good![/quote]

Baldy, as I am one of only two people not to agree blindly to this post does that now make me one of the usual suspects?????

Cherub, go back 10 years and im sure we were all asking "would we be better off under Delia Smith then we were under Cashe" the fact is no one knows.. the only way to find out is for it to happen isnt it?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Cherub, go back 10 years and im sure we were all asking "would we be better off under Delia Smith then we were under Cashe" the fact is no one knows.. the only way to find out is for it to happen isnt it?

[/quote]

what happened then is a very different thing to whats happening now jas. surely the disappointment of  two late goals in a week can''t be compared to what happened 10 years ago, can it? And at that time we still didnt make changes anywhere near to the scale you are advocating here!

As the other "usual suspect," I just wondered where the queue of buyers was? I don''t remember the battle to takeover from Chace, in fact, I remember that we very lucky to get the help of a very great servant to club whose name (shame on me) has escaped me.

If there is money to be made in football as Jas asserts, all these reports published in the financial press about the parlous state of football club''s finances are nonsense then. How lucky we are to have Jas to point it out to us. Hopefully he has arranged a list of potential buyers as well with the inside knowledge that he has.

This is your cue Jas - or was it just empty words?

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

As the other "usual suspect," I just wondered where the queue of buyers was? I don''t remember the battle to takeover from Chace, in fact, I remember that we very lucky to get the help of a very great servant to club whose name (shame on me) has escaped me.

If there is money to be made in football as Jas asserts, all these reports published in the financial press about the parlous state of football club''s finances are nonsense then. How lucky we are to have Jas to point it out to us. Hopefully he has arranged a list of potential buyers as well with the inside knowledge that he has.

[/quote]

I''ve just won the jackpot on the fruit machine, Jas. Looking for a sound investment. Do you think that this will be enough?

im no finance expert, but look at the evidence. Norwich are a tasty prposition for any backer. we arent struggling at the foot of the conference and have played in the prem recently. if thats not attractive to the right buyer what is.

Remember when Delia was first rumoured to be interested in the club? we had an Italian, Aldo SPinelli, also wanting to buy us. his offer was refused and he since purchased Livorno. look at their record over the past 10 years, Serie C2 to Seria A and now the Uefa cup, and Italian cup finals. No one had heard of him or Livorno 10 years ago, Wish we''d taken his offer instead of "Aunite Delia" - the cuddly cook who buries her head in the sand and thinks its all roses and fun.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

I''ve just won the jackpot on the fruit machine, Jas. Looking for a sound investment. Do you think that this will be enough?

[/quote]

Look Middle of the Road we understand by your name you are going to be happy with mediocrity.  Are you on the NCFC board by any chance?

WORTHY OUT

great post jas , proud of you mate.

remember a day spent out of norfolk is a day wasted

Sorry I''m confused??  Hunter has to leave too?  Talk about a fall from grace - the man was responsible for our "turnaround" less than 2 weeks ago now he needs to leave the club.  Was I not told that the signing of Croft, who everyone agrees is good signing was down to Hunter?  The passing football -Hunter?  Now he needs to go - he needs to take hard look at the decline of the club over the last 3 years despite only joining in the summer.  Hunter has now gone full circle then?  He started off as a yes man from the Howard Wilkinson school of hoofball and within 5 games was the man pulling the strings and getting the team to play the "Norwich" way.  Now he is just the yes man again and needs to go?  Anyone see hypocrisy in this at all?