Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Is Worthington Going to West Brom?

With the departure of Brian Robson from WBA, rumours are that Nigel Worthington is move to WBa As Jeremy Peace rates hiom but also Hoddle, And O''Leary are in the frame.

Has anyone heard any more on this matter?

Please don''t post rumours without sources! According to the BBC, steve Cotterial is their First choice but i''d love to see Worthy ruin West Brom instead!

I agree Saint - just because I think he is unable to take us any further does not mean he will not be successful somewhere else.  Managers as well as players get stale and need reinvigorating. 

One can only hope. That said, I think he could do a job there in the shorter term. We need a fresh start and so does he.

http://www.wbazone.com/news/article.php?newsitem=68808

[quote]WBAzone understands Alan Curbishley is not interested in the vacant management position at the Hawthorns.

The former Charlton Athletic boss was overwhelming favourite with Albion supporters for the position, but Curbishley, who is currently holidaying in New Zealand, is reported to have let it be known to Albion he does not want to be considered for the position.

Curbishley''s rejection is thought to leave Albion looking at a younger set of less experienced candidates for the role of head coach. Steve Cotterill of Burnley, Tony Mowbray of Hibernian and former England striker Alan Shearer are all names mentioned as younger coaches, who may work under a sporting director at the Hawthorns.

However, neither Albion nor any party has yet to comment on any approach or structure for the vacant position at Albion.

[/quote]

As the article suggests, the only definite is that Curbishley doesn''t want the West Brom job.

Tom,

This is not a rumour it was a question that why there is a question mark at the end.

I was merely see if anyone heard anything about the new manager of WBA.

OTBC