Sign in to follow this  
JJ

Roy Keane..zzzzz

Did anyone watch the Roy Keane show this morning?  Erm, sorry, i mean the Championship on ITV.

A third of the show given over not just to highlights, but endless interviews, a profile of the great man''s day and lots of exclusive camera angles of the genial man''s reactions to goals going in, shots being saved, etc.  Oh yes, it was a bottom of the table clash as well, but Cardiff, Norwich, WBA and the rest won''t mind being shoved aside for this true United legend.

Amazing as well yesterday morning that the BBC devoted a large chunk of their sports news to Keane''s debut.  Funny considering that they never EVER mention the Championship on their sports news.  Haven''t seen the papers but they probably have colour supplements to celebrate the new dawn of this football genius.

And to quote ITV (more than once this morning), "Roy Keane is a winner."  Of course he is, and we''ll never be allowed to forget it this season will we?

Hope he falls flat on his arse!

(i''m still in a bad mood this morning...)

I agree with you, JayM, the amount of media attention devoted to Roy and his boys is ludicrously over the top. If I were Roy I wouldn''t be at all keen (geddit?) on this huge interest in Sunderland while I was still serving my apprenticeship as a fledgling manager. If he does fall flat on his arse, it is a sure bet that the press boys will be there in their droves to gleefully record the debacle. Bring it on!

That programme is awful

last year they devoted all their time to showing Reading and Sheff Utd to try and win more ''plastic'' fans I guess

my biggest problem with it however is that they always choose a bad game to be the main game - whatever game they schedule to focus on turns out to be a boring non-event.

Why don''t they go to two Championship games each week and then use the best of the two to be the main game on the programme?

[quote user="Jay"]

Did anyone watch the Roy Keane show this morning?  Erm, sorry, i mean the Championship on ITV.

A third of the show given over not just to highlights, but endless interviews, a profile of the great man''s day and lots of exclusive camera angles of the genial man''s reactions to goals going in, shots being saved, etc.  Oh yes, it was a bottom of the table clash as well, but Cardiff, Norwich, WBA and the rest won''t mind being shoved aside for this true United legend.

Amazing as well yesterday morning that the BBC devoted a large chunk of their sports news to Keane''s debut.  Funny considering that they never EVER mention the Championship on their sports news.  Haven''t seen the papers but they probably have colour supplements to celebrate the new dawn of this football genius.

And to quote ITV (more than once this morning), "Roy Keane is a winner."  Of course he is, and we''ll never be allowed to forget it this season will we?

Hope he falls flat on his arse!

(i''m still in a bad mood this morning...)

[/quote]

Sorry to quote an old post of mine, but nice to see ITV doing their bit and featuring Sunderland AGAIN on the Championship (sorry, that''s ROY KEANE''S Sunderland).  That''s Sunderland who are in the bottom half of the table against Sheffield Wednesday who are also in the bottom half of the Championship.  If I was a Cardiff fan, I would be a bit miffed this morning.

And they didn''t show any goals from League''s 1 and 2.  ITV are a disgrace.