Sign in to follow this  
JJ

Tired and Emotional

Having got in late last night from work and have just got up for another day at the office, I was hoping to read about our new signings that we have made.  Oh...

It has to be said that Norwich have made some brilliant selling decisions this year.  The fees we have got for Ashton, Green and Mackenzie were top drawer for three players whose heart wasn''t in it (and for two players whose contracts are up next summer).  Other players that we have sold like Charlton and Brennan were no longer performing.  Equally, Earnie and Croft have been brilliant additions to the squad.

I have no quibbles with Leon departing.  The guy did a good job for Norwich but over the last year has faded for various reasons and was obviously becoming a disruptive influence.  My quibble is the lack of a replacement.  Yes, I know we were stitched up by Wigan for the Bristol lad but were we looking at anybody else?

We have made ONE signing since the end of last season.  We have had months to buy players, but there always seem to be hurdles in the way (the World Cup, Green''s injury, The Jarrold Stand, nobody is doing any business, Safri''s transfer fee, etc, etc).  Fair play to Doncaster for his article - i don''t doubt the guy worked really hard yesterday - but what else have we been doing the last few months?

Loans CAN work and Huckerby is often quoted as an example.  But I''ve been around long enough to see many that many don''t (and god knows, we had enough last season).   I''m not in the business of suggesting we buy players for the sake of it, but can someone honestly tell me there is NOBODY who fits the bill anywhere in the UK (or abroad for that matter).

People talk about bringing in the kids.  That''s great with the likes of Spillane and Cave-Brown and Rossi Jarvis but to my knowledge we have no kids who can play at left back and no decent ones up front (please don''t say Henderson or Ryan Jarvis - they are not making progress).

Compared to last season, the club is making progress in many ways and with a bit of luck it will continue.  We have some fantastic players, a full ground every week, and from what everyone says, a great new coach.  But we are relying on luck in many instances and if we get any injuries, suspension or loss of form we are in trouble (unless Thorne, Henderson or Hughes are given the Hunter makeover and if a left back miraculously appears)

I''m trying not to panic - i know we can still get people in - but i''m very concerned.  And if no loans show up before the NCISA meeting in October, then that will be very interesting indeed.

I know.  Thought you made some good points - don''t agree with getting rid of Worthy though unless things get really awful - but things are a bit less crazy this morning.  The whole situation is frustrating and i just hope we have some irons in the fire.  I''m ready for an excuse fest from the club today.

This is not directed at the poster of this topic so please dont take it so. We do seem to have a trend of people posting about members of the club supposedly having the opportunity to do the club some benefit which in turn will help them selves but choosing not to.By this i mean, why havent we signed x player, why havent we loaned y player etc etc.Its in Nigels/the boards best interests to get players/make decisions that will benefit the club, so why do people automatically assume that because we havent got any one in its because of a lack of effort or as some people write (which i think is just plain stupid) through choice!If there was a player we could afford, that wanted to come here, that would improve the squad, then we would sign them, simple as.We are never going to know every thing that goes on at the club for obvious reasons, it weakens our position in dealings, in fact the amount of info divulged last night has surprised me, i dont think you seen any other club being this transparent.I think the point of this post is i wish some people would think a little before they post some times, alot of the vitriol directed at the club from here is just plain stupid in its assumptions at times and one reason why i mainly lurk on this board rather than post.

Kid, I think the underlying concern that a lot of us have is whether the people who own this club are really committed to getting back up to the Prem.  Not just this season but at all, ever.  That concern manifests itself in many ways, one of them being the lack of transfer activity.

As far as transparency goes, the spin machine at CR is very clever and anyone who doesn''t realise that by now is being wilfully naive.  They''re very good at avoiding outright lies whilst withholding vital bits of information.

For example, we got gazumped by Wigan over Cotterill.  Oh dear, what a shame, poor little us, it''s not fair.  But if, as today''s press report indicates, we''d been tracking him for some time and the Prem boys only got interested after his performance on Wednesday night, why didn''t we put a bid in sooner?  We''d have got him for a lot less than "up to" £2 million.  It serves us right.  Lesson learned, Mr Doncaster?

Kid, sometimes we have to make assumptions because we can''t get at the truth.  Prudence, ambition, transparency, my arse.