Sign in to follow this  
KidCanary

To Doncaster and Co

You worked bloody hard and im gutted for you that it didnt come off, heres to a promotion season, i personally feel with all bias aside that young cotterill will live to regret this decision..We can still get 3 loans in and lets see what happens in Jan.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

get real.

Who are you kidding KidCanary. Come January, we''ll be able to sell more players and fail to get any in.

Oh and yes those 3 loans. Hope they''re more vintage 2003/4 and not 2005/6 !!

[/quote]

Who and what is there to kid?I dont see a trend of us selling our players in recent years, with the exception of of people wanting to leave ala Ashton.  I think you need to be a little less pessimistic.We do need to re-enforce the squad, but the way some of you are carrying on you wouldnt think we are bottom of the league with a plague about to strike.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

if i did my job this poorly i would expect the sack.

[/quote]So what do you consider he has done poorly and what would you do in way of improving things?

Looks as though the board were once again only interested in investment with a view to making money in Cotteril, when surely the priority in light of our great start to the season should''ve been the search & signings of at least three players to bolster the diminishing squad?

If there''s to be any loan signings they''d better happen pretty swiftly in order for those players to settle in, because a couple of injuries to key personal in the forthcoming weeks and we''ll lose impetus completely.

Safri will be out come the 24th of this month through Ramadan with Hughes being his replacement. [N]

I think foresight was required. the end of the transfer window is a known date and is turning into a circus. Perhaps we should have started our investigations a little earlier, after all we managed to sell before yesterday.

We now have the proceeds of two of our better players sitting in the bank and a wafer thin squad. Look what happens after 70 mins in the game when NW takes off Croft, we look shapeless just like last year. If we loose key players like Croft and Earnie we are short of cover and also short of competion for places and subsitute options.

I find it hard to believe that we were just outbid yesterday, I think we are an unattractive option for players as word has spread that NW has a toys and pram mentality and manages with the threat of personal grudges. I heard him say recently that he was proud that when Ashton was here he learned to use a cooker!!! and that as a club we will look after Croft as it is a big move away from the big City to Norfolk.

Nobody wants to come here.

all eggs in 1 basket Kid

no backup plan, no plan B - but it''s OK they''ve only had since May to do 1 piece of business.

as has been said earlier if i didn''t do my job i''d get the sack....if u sell your only back up striker of note and don''t replace him, have no cover on the left of the team and no cover for Croft then someone isn''t doing their job.....

....and don''t talk to me about loan signings, yes we had Hucks, Crouch, and Harper but we have also had Rehman, Johansson, Hammond and Marney, hardly set the world alight!!!!

We do need to re-enforce the squad.....the way to do that is to buy players during the transfer window...see its simple,but appears to be beyond our club!

I agree that we need to re-enforce the squad, we definitely need cover for our attacking trio, it would be a devastating to the team to lose the balance we have managed to construct.I dont agree we had all our eggs in one basket though, i just dont think we know every thing thats gone on over the last month or so, but i will conceed that that in itself is an assumption much like the reverse (believing we did).

I can''t believe the maudlin support for Doncaster.Crying [:''(] Of course he put a few extra hours in as the deadline loomed, what Company Director doesn''t burn the midnight oil from time to time ? It goes with the territory ....... and the high financial rewards. However, what most professional Company Directors don''t do is leave critical projects until the last minute or wait until the night before a vital meeting that shapes a company''s future  before doing any preparation. It''s clear that Cotterill has been a target for some time. Equally, McKenzie made it clear he wanted out some time ago. The deal should have been completed well before the deadline and before Wigan poked their nose in after seeing Cotterill''s impressive display midweek. Negotiating at a deadline always means negotiating from a position of weakness. All we can hope for now is some tasty loan deals a la 2003 ? We live in hope.

Baron, well put. Even without the sale of McKenzie we should have got our man weeks ago after missing out on Howard etc we pussy-foot about too much

i read with interest the article on edp24 which refers to the cotterill/mckenzie deals and i must say that it seems doncaster worked hard to get the deals through. however, it still asks the question, why were we only after ONE player? where were the bids for goalkeeper, left back etc? i do think the club are trying to make out they were trying to do business even if as i suspect, they were not

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

if i did my job this poorly i would expect the sack.

[/quote]

What, get us 2nd in the division, real failure that!

Kid, nice to here some optimism for once, of course you''ll get slagged off for it!

even allowing for leon suddenly going, and cotterill maybe changing his mind last night, shouldn''t we be in a position where we have backups and plans across the board. We''ve taken a risk, I hope we can get through to january and not live to regret it. I have a worry this season could come down to, oh we did well, but we didn''t quite do it cos of injuries and weak squad cover. Our first eleven is as good as any out there, our depth, or lack of it, is very alarming though. Fingers crossed everyone stays fit.