Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Sick of the Sychophants

Hello.  My name is Jason, and I am a Norwich City Football Club supporter.

I believe that Nigel Worthington should leave the club, especially

after the latest transfer debacle.  But I support the team, see

them when I can, and always give my all for the club.  And I

always will.

I defend the so-called "KTF" cause from radical views, whilst also

tempering that with what I consider to be an even and fair-minded

approach to posting; everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yet tonight, I am angry.  At first, I was angry that our Club saw fit to put all of their transfer eggs in one basket.

But now, I am angry now for another reason.  After stating, with

some minutes left in the transfer window, that I hoped NCFC would give

me a reason to carry on as a staunch supporter when I move away from

the City in 2 weeks, some posters saw fit to state that "they were

happy to see me go." 

Well, sod it, when I say "some posters", I mean "Ralph Wright".

How dare he question my integrity as a supporter? Tonight, I am at a

low ebb, due to the lack of transfer activity.  I believe that, in

the unlikely event that our first team remains fit, we stand a good

chance of promotion.  But I do not see this as likely.  We

will suffer injuries.  And suspensions.  And where will we be

then? Relying on Peter Thorne? Or Andy Hughes?  Or a bunch of kids

who the beloved Worthington has stated are "not ready" for Championship

football?

Who is anyone to shed doubt on my support of the club.  I bleed

yellow and green, and if I''m not allowed a few moments of crisis of

faith over the years, then surely I am not Human?  Surely even

you, Ralph (Sorry, Neil) have had your low points? Yet I doubt you''d

have taken too kindly to some cyber-geek questioning your motives?

The majority of us on here post because we love NCFC.  Our views

may differ, yet that matters not.  Each and every one of us counts

ourselves as a supporter of Norwich City.

If you question this, then I question your integrity as a human being.

Maybe Ralph''s view is that you should go if you are going to carry on whining! Just because we fail to attract any players in the transfer window is clearly not only Worthy''s fault, what else do you blame him for, a bad day at work? Why are people so bloody negative all the time, we still have a good squad, although I am aware that it is a small squad, but baring injuries we may do OK. I''m sure we did our best to get some players in but if it''s not meant to be then so be it, these people can''t work miracles. I wouldn''t have myself down as the most optimistic person ever but judging by many people here I must be on happy pills (I’m not)! We can''t magic people here, all we can do is our best, and I trust that that has been done. We are not unique in this, many clubs will struggle. Also, who wants a last minute panic buy? Just calm down and get over it.  

Surprise surprise but I do not agree with what Ralph says, although I defend his right to say it, and that is the point we all need to accept we have differing opinions, different expectation levels, and we handle what is (or is not) happeing at the club differently, it does not make any of us a better or worse fan than another, it just makes us different!!

I guess the response is expected, and is a measure of the "faction"

mentality that has built up on here over the last year or so - the

so-called KTF''s and WO''s.

As I''ve said before, I''m neither.  I believe Worthy should leave,

but will support the team through thick and thin.  Last night

tried my patience to a great degree.

Yet now I''m being lumped into the WO faction and branded disloyal to the club.

The fact of the matter is, without back-up, we are not going to win

promotion, unless we stay injury and suspension free, and as long as

each and every one of those 11 players in our first team keep form all

season.  If we do that, it will be nothing short of a minor

miracle.

[quote user="Marty"]

Maybe Ralph''s view is that you should go if you are going to carry on whining! Just because we fail to attract any players in the transfer window is clearly not only Worthy''s fault, what else do you blame him for, a bad day at work? Why are people so bloody negative all the time, we still have a good squad, although I am aware that it is a small squad, but baring injuries we may do OK. I''m sure we did our best to get some players in but if it''s not meant to be then so be it, these people can''t work miracles. I wouldn''t have myself down as the most optimistic person ever but judging by many people here I must be on happy pills (I’m not)! We can''t magic people here, all we can do is our best, and I trust that that has been done. We are not unique in this, many clubs will struggle. Also, who wants a last minute panic buy? Just calm down and get over it.  

[/quote]

I think it''s a sad day when someone cannot voice their disappointment without being told to maybe go elsewhere.  What a fantastic ethos - if you don''t like something, move on.  Don''t complain, don''t voice your displeasure, just accept your lot and be happy you have something. 

Marty,  I have to defend DOC because he IS a reasonable poster, he defends the club more often than not and he''s is being made out to be a "whiner" because he was disappointed at the lack of signings.  I think that you are guilty of tarring him with the same brush as some other posters who constantly complain but that is not DOC.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Surprise surprise but I do not agree

with what Ralph says, although I defend his right to say it, and that

is the point we all need to accept we have differing opinions,

different expectation levels, and we handle what is (or is not)

happeing at the club differently, it does not make any of us a better

or worse fan than another, it just makes us different!![/quote]

I''ve no problem with the idea of free speech, Ralph can say what he

likes.  But calling into question my support for Norwich City in a

dark hour is bad form.  Mind, I responded in kind and suggested he

was a Binner...[:#]

Im sorry but this is one of the types of posts im talking about, this is in no way questioning your support, but you ASSUME that we put all our eggs in one basket because you are not in possession of all the facts.We arent going to reveal all our bids, and im surprised at the detail that was revealed with regards to the Cotteril bid.Its unfair on other teams/players to do so for what obvious reasons.I''m not going to post another rant as i''ve explained my position on this in another post but i really wish people would make posts based on FACTS rather than assumptions.

We are all human and we know that following football we have ups and downs, for us more downs recently and only a couple of tumultuous highs. It is natural to react with disappointment when our hopes are high that we may have turned a corner and that failure to do so may plunge us back into the dark abyss of mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Frankly it is the sign of inadequacy to resort to 9 year old playground language like that used by the poster you mention. I skip his posts and I suggest that you take a deep breath and maintain the moral highground by treating them with the contempt they deserve.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

We are all human and we know that following football we have ups and downs, for us more downs recently and only a couple of tumultuous highs. It is natural to react with disappointment when our hopes are high that we may have turned a corner and that failure to do so may plunge us back into the dark abyss of mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Frankly it is the sign of inadequacy to resort to 9 year old playground language like that used by the poster you mention. I skip his posts and I suggest that you take a deep breath and maintain the moral highground by treating them with the contempt they deserve.

[/quote]Completely agree TW and to be honest this is why over the last season or so I have not posted much, some of the personal attacks on here have been completely out of order, although i dont share DOC''s view on this transfer saga that would not prompt any verbal from me, this is a DISCUSSION board for christs sake, where you discuss things.

I share your concerns that 2 injuries and our season will fall off track quicker than we can imagine especially away from home where we still haven''t scored in the league.  2nd on goal difference with 3 other clubs we may be, but we are 3 points off 14th. 

DoC.  I have a lot of time for your posts, but to be honest I feel you''ve left yourself a bit open to criticism by declaring your own doubts about your support in a public forum. In other words, you know what the lions are like, but you still put your head in the cage. We all have our doubts, some of us choose to keep them to ourselves.  Good luck in Manchester, hope you stay green and yellow.

[quote]It is natural to react with disappointment when our hopes are high that we may have turned a corner and that failure to do so may plunge us back into the dark abyss of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

No offence tumbleweed, that''s an awful pretty sentence, but it''s also a total over-reaction.  We were going to sign a promising youngster, an 18 year old.  We were never re-building our squad.  Not signing Cotterill will not plunge us back into the dark abyss of mediocrity.  It might give Jarvis, Henderson, or even Asmat El-Ourgoui (apologies for spelling) a chance to shine, then maybe we''ll get an offer from Wigan for daft money in January ?

We were only ever going to have one in, one out.  Now we have none in, one out.  Loans will be used as usual, and correctly so in my opinion, as the Premiership clubs will have a better idea of who they can afford to loan out as a result of transfer window transactions ( a call to West Ham might be a good idea about in a day or 2 ) , we can use them at any time allowing us to be flexible, and we should be able to get players easily capable of performing at this level, and barring disasters have cover for most positions.

Brilliant post DOC, I full heartly agree with everything you''ve said, apart from wanting worthy out as I''ve said many a time that is a desision beyond me. Everyone on here loves NCFC and supports the team, but just because opinions differ does not mean we should be subjected to the hate given out by certain posters such as Ralph.Marty, DOC has every right to his opinion and just because you disagree does not classify it as whinging, even if it is he has every right too as a full supporter. Hes correct though with this size squad we will not survive the long haul without part of the squad falling to injuries/suspension and can we really honestly rely on our current backups? TW, totally agree with everything you''ve said, couldn''t put it better myselfKid Canary, do you really think we will still sign someone? even if we do is one player honestly going to really bolster the squad unless he can play everywhere at the same time. I just hope we have some good loan signings in the pipeline otherwise I fear our success will be short lived.Lets just pray that we get everyone back from internationals in one piece...

Thanks bbb.

My exact words, however, were:

"With 4 minutes left until the window closes, I really am losing faith

with this club as a whole.  I''m moving to Manchester in about two

weeks.

NCFC - give me a reason not to turn my back forever!!!"

It was a plea to Norwich City to prove me wrong in my despair, not a statement of intent.

As it is, they failed to deliver, but I''m crying yellow and green tears and will still be here tomorrow... Sorry, Ralph...

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

I think it''s a sad day when someone cannot voice their disappointment without being told to maybe go elsewhere.  What a fantastic ethos - if you don''t like something, move on.  Don''t complain, don''t voice your displeasure, just accept your lot and be happy you have something. 

Marty,  I have to defend DOC because he IS a reasonable poster, he defends the club more often than not and he''s is being made out to be a "whiner" because he was disappointed at the lack of signings.  I think that you are guilty of tarring him with the same brush as some other posters who constantly complain but that is not DOC.

[/quote]

I think I have made it clear that I am a little disappointed too, however I will not be so mellodramatic as threaten to stop supporting the club like some people have done here, this is an over reaction. I also find it a little bad taste that once again a majority of the blame is towards Worthington. The club did what that could, so why suddenly moan that because we haven''t had the good fortune to sign any players that the manager should be sacked? this is whining as far as I am concerned. So the crux of my point is that it is OK to complain as long as it is constuctive, blaming our manager for everything in my opinion is not. So my ethos clearly isn''t about not being able to complain is it? it is about the nature of the complaint, or the manner of complaining, I don''t like negativity, that''s not a bad ethos in my book. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

We were only ever going to have one in, one out.  Now we have none in, one out.  Loans will be used as usual, and correctly so in my opinion, as the Premiership clubs will have a better idea of who they can afford to loan out as a result of transfer window transactions ( a call to West Ham might be a good idea about in a day or 2 ) , we can use them at any time allowing us to be flexible, and we should be able to get players easily capable of performing at this level, and barring disasters have cover for most positions.[/quote]

While I''m not going to start getting all upset about this I think that saying that we have have had "none in, one out" misrepresents our transfer dealings as a whole.  Before Leon left we where looking for a target man and the players targetted was certainly not that type of player.  During the summer we have seen a grand total of 1 player come in.  We have lost Rehman, JJ2, Green, Charlton, and Ward from the list of players who ended last season in our squad, not including Jarrett.  In reality it''s a case of 7 seasoned professionals leaving the club and Croft plus 6 youth products coming.  We have already been told that those youth players are "not ready" so it''s far from being a rosy situation. 

[quote user="Marty"] I think I have made it clear that I am a little disappointed too, however I will not be so mellodramatic as threaten to stop supporting the club like some people have done here, this is an over reaction. I also find it a little bad taste that once again a majority of the blame is towards Worthington. The club did what that could, so why suddenly moan that because we haven''t had the good fortune to sign any players that the manager should be sacked? this is whining as far as I am concerned. So the crux of my point is that it is OK to complain as long as it is constuctive, blaming our manager for everything in my opinion is not. So my ethos clearly isn''t about not being able to complain is it? it is about the nature of the complaint, or the manner of complaining, I don''t like negativity, that''s not a bad ethos in my book. [/quote]

Where did DOC blame Worthington for everything?  You appear to have taken views expressed by other posters and attributed them to him because he posted a negative comment.  I''m not saying I agree or disagree with DOC but if I did I would at least argue against what he actually wrote if I felt strongly either way.

Its Worthingtons fault because its up to him who the targets are , he had a list of 1 not good enough by far.

The original post on here was heart felt and honest and I for one applaud you sir. I too am sick of these sycophants who never question the club to any great depth. The only one''s who are worse are the bunch who have made complete u-turns of opinion lead by 1st Wiz. Spineless is what I call them spineless and fickle. We are a great team or at least we were a great team. You and I and all who support Norwich were he before Worthington, Doncaster and even Delia and her chap. A god willing we will be here long after many of the have gone I hope. Don''t turn you back on our team they are in your heart just as much as they are in the hearts of the KTFer''s maybe even more so. If you are like me you can remember the good old days when we were a match for anybody on our day, playing with passion and skill. I''d like to see that passion return but it has to come from the top and I don''t think that Worthington has it. I for one think your are right and you have the right.

OTBC.

marty, you mentioned earlier that we have a good squad did you not? on what basis do you feel we have a good squad when we have so many untried youngsters making up a large part of that squad, especially when all they have played is reserve team football and the reserves were even worse than the first team last year! you are dreaming if you honestly believe this is a gopod squad, however i praise you for your optimism and hope that you are right and my feelings are wrong! doubt it tho as worthy stated "they are not ready for first team football yet" and none have been loaned out (see my other post on that subject!)

blahblahetc- my point was more that what we all fear is returning to those 9 years of midtable football with little hope of promotion. None of us want that and I for one am really worried about that happening again. having tasted the drug of the premiership and experiencing the euphoria of those wins against Man Utd and Newcatsle in those mad few days in April 05, how sad it would be if we weren''t to see that for another half a generation. I am not saying that we will return to that abyss purely as a result of failing to sign anyone last night, only that we fear it.

My belief is that the fear of a return to those days means that we are subconsciously reacting in a MORE extreme way in desperation to maximise the opportunity when presented. It is of course only 5 games, but some additional weaponry now could have maximised the demonstrable and evident benefits of the new coaching regime. Sven was panned for taking a squad paper thin in certain areas to the world cup and that was only for a possible 7 games- we have another 41 plus cups.

I also agree with the comment about putting the head in the lion''s cage- round here too often you express any opinion and someone (and we generally know who they are) will try to cut your head off rather than debate the point.

Saint canary, I think the clue was in this quote “I believe that Nigel Worthington should leave the club, especially after the latest transfer debacle.” Now if that isn’t pointing the finger of blame at our manager I don’t know what is. I thought we were doing OK at the moment?

Baldyboy, a good squad as in the one that is second in the table and playing well, I haven’t stated that I wouldn’t like to see a larger squad have I?

too right to point the finger of blame!!!!  Hunter has implemented tactics and coching methods.  Worthy is sorting out players (based on one TV game) or not...

Who elses fault is it we had a list of ONE PLAYER....  Coventry had 2 at least in Novo and Mckenzie...