Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Before you criticise Doncaster - Read this

[quote user="Death of Canaries"][quote user="Ralph Wright"]Whose asking you to feel sorry for them then ? The bloke has been brutally honest and told it how it is. As to this plan xyz I''m sure it might work out when there''s a shortage in the sweet shop but committing two million is a bit different. How on earth could the medical and paperwork and negotiations been carried out that quickly. Clubs have to be approached, it is not the tuck shop where your grubby little mitt reaches out for a sticky bun. As to the herbert who wants to turn his back then goodbye. You won''t be missed.[/quote]

Who are you, Ralph? Honestly? I mean, who are you to question my integrity? Your whole purpose on these boards seems to be to play devil''s advocate, and if you cannot accept that, every now and again, a supporter may suffer a crisis of faith, then you yourself should look into the mirror and feel shame.

Every supporter of this club is entitled to their opinion, and until you can realise that, then you''ll never be what I would consider to be a "man".

In my opinion, you''re no better than a Binner.
[/quote]

Bit dramatic?? DoC. I''m sure you will be regreting this over the top rant once you''ve sobred up.

I don''t think Doncaster could really be criticised. He can''t be in 2 places at once trying to sort out Cotterill and Eastwood, and we couldn''t afford both.

Have to say, I find it quite worrying that with 28 hours of the transfer windown remaining, our Chief Executive spent 14 of those hours in the back of a car!

Appreciate Doncaster worked extremely hard to make the Cottaril deal happen, but as others have said, would have expected that we would have had other plates spinning.

Perhaps a retrun journey via Milton Keynes would have been a good choice on the trip back from Cardiff!?!!

[quote user="chicken"]The speculation I have heard surrounding Leon McKenzie, and I stress it is only speculation, is that he left due to reasons surrounding the events of the past couple of years off the pitch.

In other words as much as anything else he wants a fresh start.

As for CJF saying other strikers have moved for reasonable amounts - there are few that I would want to be honest. Connolly from Wigan on a free would have been worth the gamble, can''t believe he wouldnt have chosen us over Sunderland! Other than that are there really any other strikers out there that have moved that are good enough for City?
[/quote]

well as noone on here seems to rate Mckenzie, with 3 million quid in the bank SURELY we could have found a decent replacement and better player than him??

Nacho Novo anyone??

As it is If Erny gets injured we are F***ed

the real reason we have had no progress on the transfer front - have you seen how far away Doncasters keyboard is away from his desk???

He is busting a gut just to type anything, so the chances of actually signing anyone must be pretty marginal.

On a serious note, it is interesting to see how the mood has changed from confident optimism to mild aggrievance at the club. Personally, anyone bids £1m for Leon, I would have bitten their hand off. Maybe Worthers will develop Jarvis, give McVeigh more games, or use the Doc up front!  

[quote user="Iwans Front Teeth"]

Bit dramatic?? DoC. I''m sure you will be regreting this over the top rant once you''ve sobred up.

I don''t think Doncaster could really be criticised. He can''t be in 2

places at once trying to sort out Cotterill and Eastwood, and we

couldn''t afford both.

[/quote]

Do I regret it? Not particularly, mate. I''m allowed a moment of crisis

every now and again, everyone is.  And it''s no more over-the-top

than some of the "but we don''t need new players" stance certain posters

have taken simply to keep up their defence of everything NCFC.

I can''t believe the maudlin support for Doncaster.Crying [:''(] Of course he put a few extra hours in as the deadline loomed, what Company Director doesn''t burn the midnight oil from time to time ? It goes with the territory ....... and the high financial rewards. However, what most professional Company Directors don''t do is leave critical projects until the last minute or wait until the night before a vital meeting that shapes a company''s future  before doing any preparation. It''s clear that Cotterill has been a target for some time. Equally, McKenzie made it clear he wanted out some time ago. The deal should have been completed well before the deadline and before Wigan poked their nose in after seeing Cotterill''s impressive display midweek. Negotiating at a deadline always means negotiating from a position of weakness. All we can hope for now is some tasty loan deals a la 2003 ? We live in hope.

" And it''s no more over-the-top than some of the "but we don''t need new players" stance certain posters have taken simply to keep up their defence of everything NCFC. "

More lies and twists. Who here is claiming that we don''t need a bigger squad ? What some folk aren''t doing is posting up hysterical stuff and predicting the end of the world.

It should have been pretty clear that we were going to be using loanees rather than committing ourselves to buying new players. This is becoming much the norm now as clubs seek to reduce their wage costs. Players will move about more freely without the need of long term committal. The club did well by getting money for McKenzie who put us in a difficult position with his behaviour.

As to your petulance you should have at least the grace to accept that it was you that brought the matter of your continued support into the debate. You who said you were prepared to turn your back on the club. Not us questioning your ''integrity as a supporter'' merely suggesting that if you left (your words) you would not be missed. And please learn not to misquote people. Nowhere did I say that " "they were happy to see me go." So stop inventing stuff to argue against.

Now I''m off to write on the back of my Livermore Out placards " and it''s all so jolly unfair ".

The answer to this is really quite simple. The Norwich City management, whether that be Doncaster, Worthington or whoever you want to blame, were incompetent in this whole matter. The correct way to have handled this was to say to Bristol that we offer them £Xm on the condition that if it is excepted they listen to no offers from other clubs. We could tell them that we have to impose this condition as we cannot sell Leon without being sure of a replacement. If Bristol accept these terms we go ahead and complete both transfers as desired. If not we still have time to find a plan B. Whats the difficulty with that??? To allow Bristol to keep their options open as Mr Doncaster said they had was shear stupidity.