Sign in to follow this  
NimChimpskee

Who is our 2nd striker now then?

With McKenzie gone, surely this strengthens the argument for keeping the 4-3-3 system that has served us pretty well so far this season.  My only concern that is if Earnshaw now picks up an injury, who will fill the lone striker role?  Jarvis?  Thorne?  I think I would worry about either of these!

May I propose that Worthington use part of the fortune that was almost spent on Cotteril to buy a floating bubble that we can keep Earnie in between games? 

''Tis a bit of a worry. Would the Earnie position suit WLY? He has the brain to make it work, but I worry about his finishing - not that he''s had much chance to prove his ability as a striker! I think he''d relish the opportunity to get on the end of some decent (low!) crosses.It''s the management''s opinion that counts, though, perhaps we''d see 4-4-2 brought back if Earnie copped a bad''un - Jarvis & WLY?They must be feeling sick that they missed out on their main target, but at least the dust can settle over the next seven days (no loans can be arranged for this next week) and, hopefully, we might see that the loan market serves us until the chance to add in the next window. As mentioned elsewhere, not all the people who''ve just moved will be guaranteed first-teamers, so we might even see Cotterill in a City shirt yet!

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Super old carthorse Peter Thorne ,  what a squad  we have .[/quote]

at the risk of getting abuse for this comment but NotWorthy go and find another team to follow then! by follow I guess I mean slag off! I an not being facetious but I cannot recall a positive post from you, I may be wrong.

Ryan Jarvis has to be our second striker, its about time he showed us what he can do. but I certainly hope nigel has some loan signings in the pipeline.

UEA Canary - Loan signings can only be in an emergency, although me n every other canary would say we need a striker its an emergency, i shouldnt think the FA would.....not with Earny, Jarvis, Thorne, McVeigh and Huckerby ''n'' Crofty on our books!!

Did Sutton go 2 Birmingham??

I dont think a new striker is an emergency at all

you can call our current tactics 4-3-3, but I look at it as 4-5-1 with Hucks and Croft breaking in forward positions when they can

how many different players have scored this season? I bet its more than this time last year, or even one or two months later last year

my point being the current tactics allow more players to try and score and we are not therefore totally relying on Earnie to bag one or two every game. (like we did with Ashton last year)

for the record we''ve had

Earnie - 4

Hucks - 2

Croft - 2

Robinson - 1

Etuhu - 1

Leon - 1

and an own goal

OK its not a long list but its only been 5 games